Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-09-2006, 01:48 PM   #501

I mean the dwarf mines, not the Draraccle Den ;P My English is not so good, so i have problems to describe^^

Old 23-09-2006, 05:40 PM   #502
Wildlotus

Can you die in this game? And if you can, is there a "retry" function so you don't have to start all the way back at the beginning again? This game looks so awesome I really do wanna give it a go. But I have this weird, inexplicable fear of dying. It always makes me nervous and I get all paranoid and jumpy throughout and after the duration of gameplay. It happened to me with Soul Reaver (Defiance). I loved the graphics so much, but I had to have people physically sitting beside me so I wouldn't go hysterical and get a heart attack during combat sequences. Needless to say, I had to have many volunteer "sitters" cos no one could stand (or actually, sit) and watch me play indefinitely whilst they just acted as a fear absorber of sorts.

Oh yea I am digressing. So my question is "can you die in this game?" Thanks for bearing with the ranting Lotus.
Wildlotus is offline                         Send a private message to Wildlotus
Old 23-09-2006, 09:40 PM   #503
Morgoth

If the life of all three of the party members will drop to 0 points then there's "game over". As long though as one of the party members is still alive the others will regenerate again through resting or can be healed by the remaining party member.
Seeing it that way, you can't die in this game in the true meaning of death, if the life of the party members drops to 0 they become unconscious but will regenerate with time or through magic again, unless all three are unconscious.

Speaking of fear, it's a game mate. Face it instead of trying to avoid it, go on and experience the dying in the games while remembering that it's just game and you can reload anytime, and the fear will lose it's might over you. It's only difficult to face, but if you try you'll see this fear going. You need to face a fear to defeat it - something you know well isn't scary but common.

Old 24-09-2006, 07:33 AM   #504
Wildlotus

Ok thanks for the advice and insight. Guess i haven't been giving myself much exposure.

Lotus chants to herself "It's just a game, it's just a game, it's just a game..." and walks with anticipation towards the Lands of Lore.

Wildlotus is offline                         Send a private message to Wildlotus
Old 24-09-2006, 09:31 AM   #505
matthijs

Lotus Lands of Lore doesn't have any scary textures or anything, and if you "die" it just looks like you're sleeping so i guess you can play it without fear!

One thing I do (when you have a party of 2), is when one of the two is unconscious just use the other to heal the unconscious one and he's back in business. And if you think you aren't going to make it you can always run away.

And just save alot to make sure that if it does happen you don't have to replay a large part of the game again.
matthijs is offline                         Send a private message to matthijs
Old 24-09-2006, 10:20 AM   #506

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 22 2006, 04:53 PM) [snapback]256729[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I have a problem in the mines ;-( The only way i can go is drop through a hole in level2 and fall down to lvl3. I arrive in a room with some kinda hydra monsters. They have a nest there which you can burn out with a fireball. There is also a stone monster, which i killed with Freeze.
But i can't get out there anymore. There is one plate on the ground but you cant move it, if you walked trough once ;-( Plz help me dudes!
[/b]

Old 24-09-2006, 10:46 AM   #507
Undertaker
Super Freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Matthijs @ Sep 22 2006, 09:44 PM) [snapback]256763[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Not sure what place you mean. One of the places I can think of you have to do this: Go to the "nest" and click on one of the things there (should be a woman inside that can join you if you want to) and use your map to find a switch.

Or find a crack in the wall or something :P.
[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Undertaker @ Sep 23 2006, 08:51 AM) [snapback]256846[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Yes, there's a crumbly wall somewhere in the North East. Attack it with a pick and it will disappear.
[/b]
Undertaker is offline                         Send a private message to Undertaker
Old 24-09-2006, 12:53 PM   #508

I do not mean the draraccle Den, i mean the urbish mines level 2^^ Maybe i should take a screenshot, but i do not know, how to do it

Old 24-09-2006, 03:04 PM   #509
Vongoethe

Press Ctrl + F5 in DosBox, the screenshot will be saved in a subdirectory of DosBox named capture, or any other you defined in DOSBox.conf

Old 25-09-2006, 09:25 AM   #510
Undertaker
Super Freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 24 2006, 12:53 PM) [snapback]257091[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I do not mean the draraccle Den, i mean the urbish mines level 2^^ Maybe i should take a screenshot, but i do not know, how to do it
[/b]
I meant the Mines as well . In the Draracle's Caves you had to use the Sledge to smash crumbly walls. Now you will need a Pickaxe to get through the crumbly walls in the Mines.

Sorry for the confusion.
Undertaker is offline                         Send a private message to Undertaker