Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2006, 06:58 AM   #1
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Watched it earlier and I was surprised. The movie did not suck as most people say it did. The acting was quite good IMO and it was from beginning to the end all action.

The one matter that I haven't made my mind yet is the technique they followed (similar to Sin City though I have not investigated to be 100% certain).
On one hand it does make it look interesting and it works in many ways, on the other there are shots where it just doesn't work for me. For example, a couple of shots when Polly is in the city while the giant robots attack and we see her from middle long shot looking towards the robots, it just looks so fake it is not even funny.
There are of course cases where it looks very nice, like in the mine and when the bird like robots are aftering sky captain through the city, excellent.

I would give it 3.5/5 because I did enjoy it and liked most of the things, including the script. It loses marks for over dependence on computer graphics and a couple of terrible green/blue screen shots.
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios