yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Last attempt before reload

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
I hope you don't give up.
Some criticism:
- I sincerely hope you have spare equipment for when you leave the Underdark.
- things with fixed AC do not stuck, so wearing Bracers AC 7 with Full plate Mail +5 (=AC whatever) means the Bracer is just dead weight. (Some approtpriate bracers would be Gauntlets of Weapon Skill, or Gauntlets of Ogre Strenght, or Bracers of Archery - you see get the idea.)
- Korgan is a Dwarf, what means he has infravision. While Minsc is a human, what means he has not. Exchange their helmets.
PS: I continued my adventure, currently roaming the streets of BG. I'm cured from The Poison amongst other things.
I hope to pass the game also.

Yes, I have some spare real weapons and armors for the surface. I know that when sunlight reaches the drow stuff it will vanish.

OK. Will change the Helmets you noted.

I decide to make last attempt: I will try to left the city with real eggs killing this beach and all drows in city.
If failed I will reload the moment before Solaufein dead.
This way I will do Kaso Tala subquest.

PS: You still alone in BG, madman?
Bravo if Yes.
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Old 06-08-2011, 03:29 PM   #122
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
PS: You still alone in BG, madman?
Bravo if Yes.
Of course!

I'm still in Chapter5, from what I've left 2 separate minor mage-killing, the artifacts of Balduran (every little helps), and the fight against the Iron Throne.

I - as previously told - reached the exp-limit, so only looking for nifty items. Fortunatelly I do not have to fight Ankeghs.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:40 PM   #123
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

Give the bracers AC3 and AC4 to Aerie and Imoen, they can only wear robes or chainmail made by elves (aka chain thieves like Imoen can wear) in their armor slot without blocking their ability to cast mage spells. When the drow chain disappears they still have decent AC without having to cast "ghost armor" or "spirit armor" (which is even better).

Is Aerie really wearing hide armor ? This blocks her ability to cast mage spells, throw it away so she can cast mage spells like Imoen. Don't have her ever wear anything but robes or chain made by elves in her body armor slot again, a mage who may not cast mage spells is pointless, just like a fighter who may not attack.

Q: Which weapon proficiencies do your characters have ? (You can see them if you scroll down the description on the right on character screen)

Last edited by kmonster; 06-08-2011 at 05:50 PM.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 06-08-2011, 09:16 PM   #124
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default VICTORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmonster View Post
Give the bracers AC3 and AC4 to Aerie and Imoen, they can only wear robes or chainmail made by elves (aka chain thieves like Imoen can wear) in their armor slot without blocking their ability to cast mage spells. When the drow chain disappears they still have decent AC without having to cast "ghost armor" or "spirit armor" (which is even better).

Is Aerie really wearing hide armor ? This blocks her ability to cast mage spells, throw it away so she can cast mage spells like Imoen. Don't have her ever wear anything but robes or chain made by elves in her body armor slot again, a mage who may not cast mage spells is pointless, just like a fighter who may not attack.

Q: Which weapon proficiencies do your characters have ? (You can see them if you scroll down the description on the right on character screen)

The brave will tell 2 words only.

I WON.

Details tomorrow morning.
Tired from so many battles I goto bed.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:30 PM   #125
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:

The brave will tell 2 words only.

I WON.

Details tomorrow morning.
Tired from so many battles I goto bed.
Hooray to you!

PS: Me too passed to Chapter 6. I went to the Expansion-area, finished the Polar-Quest (the damn cloak has no stats, so I let the mage keep it), and decided not to bother with the werewolf-quest (it offers no items for me appart from a wand of magic missles). Tomorrow I'll try my luck against Durlag's Tower.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:54 PM   #126
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Hooray to you!

And good luck against Durlag's Tower.

Well, after many attempt I reload save file and start before the moment of Solaufein dead. This was very clever decision. This way I did Kaso Tala subquest.
Then I practicably have no problems.
Solaufein gives me new set of fake eggs, Ritual started, Matron was killed and GOOD surprise for me: After my words Lesser Demon Lord backs to his location!
Hurray! Now angry yoga killed this bitch and hurry to left the city already opened.
Before the door I had little bit serious attack but for the brave that was actually nothing. Ah, I lost one man (Korgan) but no live opponents and I easy resurrect my hero.
Another is history..
More news:
The victorious army of the brave just eliminated poor Bodhi - piece of cake!
But Korgan pressed me for some quest otherwise he will left.
Rats! I hate this acts. I want abs. disciplined army not bla-bla.

@Kmonster
Your usable advices to change Bracers of Imoen and Aerie with ones with AC 3, 4 helped me to reduce AC with 7 points! Nice!..

Bitte, nur ein moment!
Being in euphoria I still not provide You the info required.
YOU will understand me. Danke.

@Madman
Btw, Drizzt Do Urban helped me much in the last battle with legions of vampires before Bodhi.
Dear twillight, my deep bow before yr act of heroism.
One against BG1!!
It is a miracle.
You are the man, no stupid yoga.
Good Luck!
Old 07-08-2011, 04:03 PM   #127
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Hooray to you!
And good luck against Durlag's Tower.

After my words Lesser Demon Lord backs to his location!

But Korgan pressed me for some quest otherwise he will left.
Rats! I hate this acts. I want abs. disciplined army not bla-bla.

@Madman
Btw, Drizzt Do Urban helped me much in the last battle with legions of vampires before Bodhi.
Dear twillight, my deep bow before yr act of heroism.
One against BG1!!
It is a miracle.
You are the man, no stupid yoga.
Good Luck!
I started to miss you yoga today because of promise. Good to hear you had no real problem now (you lucky that the game adjust difficulty to character's level, but still nice performance).

Did you get that halberd from the demon?

As we mentioned here, and Korgan told too when you hired him, you should have went to raid some tomb in (under) the Graveyard in Amn. Better hurry now, maybe you still have the time necessary.

PS: Thx for your compliment. Durlag's Tower took my whole day, but I walked all above-ground levels, and got what I wanted even from underground level 3. I wont go deeper (it has 6 level below), as the only thing I could get is a necklace of missles (or what) and a wand of monster summoning (it is useful, but I don't feel it'd worth it).
Just to mention: my "heroism" is mostly "cowardice". Boots of speed combined with backstab works wonders. And where it fails, there is simple stealth + casting fireball.

And as you gave your inventory again, I'll do the same:
Scimitar +3 (Eagle bow in backpack for change when ranged attack needed), Boots of Speed, Robe of the Evil Archmagi, Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise, The Horn of Kazgaroth (still not changed to amulet of protection +1), Golden girdle (+3 AC vs slashing weapons (aka. swords)), The Claw of Kazgaroth, Coak of Balduran, Kiel's Buckler
In quick items: fireball potions, wand of polymorphism, electric-immunity potion
Current stats: 10/21(20 base)/16(18 base)/19/20/9, AC -3, max. hp 49
Old 08-08-2011, 07:47 AM   #128
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Duel twillight vs yoga?

OK, twillight. I see You are very though gamer.
Do You want to start competition with yoga. Who of us both will finish the game first?
My location: I finished Bodhi and finished the subquest of Korgan: To find and kill and return the dead body of ranger Valuger Corthala, bandit from Docks, last located in his cabin in Umar Hills.
You know both games better than me. If You think You are in position far from yoga I will wait until You approaced me and then we will start? (Or I will perform some subquest until You advanced enough to start.) If yoga is after You , pls wait a momemt to go to your position.
We will ask dear Kmonster to be our referee.

@Kmonster
PROFICIENCES
KMONSTER, Imoen,Minsc,Jaheira,Aerie,Korgan

Basic THACO:1/15/4/8/11/1
THACO: -3/13/1/6/10/-1
Numbers of attacks: 7.5/1/1/2/1/1
Lore: 19/58/0/13/49/9
All script: None / All others Default

What is your opinion about some game after BG1/2 named Icewind Dale, if You know, pls?
Would be so kind to be referee of well respected twillight from Hungary and BG yoga (BG=Bulgaria, no Baldur gate)?
Old 08-08-2011, 09:11 AM   #129
hunvagy
Thread Necromancer

Send a message via MSN to hunvagy

IWD is a lot more combat oriented then BG, but it is a very nice game. And it has one of the best soundtracks, ever If you can, play the GoG version, with Heart of Winter and Trials of the Luremaster installed.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:36 PM   #130
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

No need to hurry through the game unless you're bored of it, you don't get a speed reward. If you're still having fun you might want do do a little sightseeing and do some sidequests in chapter 6, as soon as you fight Irenicus again you won't be able to return and do those things any more. But you don't get a reward for doing all quests either, so do what you wish.

I asked you about the weapon proficiencies, not the proficiencies. You get the character's weapon proficiencies when you scroll down, they're below the saving throws.

If the attacks per round you posted are correct Minsc and Korgan use a weapon they cannot handle properly, they should have at least 2.5 attacks per round.

I consider Icewind Dale better than the Baldur's Gate games. It's a honest, fair and balanced game which uses the same engine.

Last edited by kmonster; 08-08-2011 at 12:45 PM.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster