Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-10-2005, 07:04 PM   #71
Drujoe

Quote:
Originally posted by raugmoss@Nov 7 2004, 10:20 PM
hey, i still haven't figured how how exactly to get the whole system to work
i've

1. mounted the WIZARDRY cd as drive d:
2. run install.exe from msdos (only 2 files installed, pcfile and scenario?)
3. mounted drive d in dosbox
4. tried to run wizardry.bat in dosbox

i get the error message
"unable to open scenario.hdr"

can anybody help with this?
thanks
I'm having the problem above, and can't resolve the issue. Any help would be great.

Old 13-10-2005, 11:56 PM   #72
Lonely Vazdru
Super Freak

I know it's a lame advice, but did you try running it under windows ? It worked fine for me with both XP and 98.
Lonely Vazdru is offline                         Send a private message to Lonely Vazdru
Old 13-10-2005, 11:57 PM   #73
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Same here, I encounter no problems on XP.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 18-10-2005, 11:05 AM   #74
Guest_chris

Please help, 'cause I'm feeling very stupid after having read all your posts and still can't play the da*n thing.

My pc has Win98
I' ve downloaded Daemon Tools
I've mounted (or whatever) the ISO file and it is now directory "F"
I went to the regular MS-DOS prompt and typed F:
Then typed F:CD\W7
Then typed PLAY, or DS but can't get it done. Keep geting the message: "Your program caused a divide overflow error". What the...?????????

Can someone brighter than me get me through the steps one by one? Please!!!

Old 23-10-2005, 04:58 PM   #75
Wandering User

Here's how I got it to work successfully with WinXP under DosBox without needed to use Daemon Tools.

1) Installed DosBox.
2) Made a C:\Emu folder, which gets mounted by DosBox as c:\. Command is "Mount c c:\emu"
3) Used WinRar to extract all the files in the wiz7.iso to c:\emu\wizard~1\. Because of the way the iso is set up, a folder w7 was created within that folder, so the files are located at c:\emu\wizard~1\w7.

4) Used the old DOS 'subst' command to use that as another drive. Command is "Subst i c:\wizard~1\w7".
5) Opened DosBox, changed to the I: drive, ran the wizardry install to c:.

Game runs fine with no problems now from the batch file within the directory the install created on the 'c' drive. Just remember that the 'subst i c:\wizard~1\w7' command has to be executed before you can run Crusaders.

Old 21-11-2005, 06:56 PM   #76
tim

i got this game for graduating from elementary school when it first came out, and still haven't beaten it! I must've logged thousdands of hours, and all early 90's music reminds me of Wizardry VII. I guess idon't have much to offer in the ways of tips and tricks if im still trying, but if anyone is considering this game, its a must have

Old 22-03-2006, 05:49 PM   #77
Spooter

I was wondering how often everyone switched professions on this game. Here is a tentative party I was planning:

Female Ranger ->Valkyrie
Male Ranger -> Samurai
Faerie monk -> Ninja
Bard -> Thief -> Bard
Priest -> Mage or Bishop
Mage -> Priest or Bishop

I would make all these character changes when they are at level 8-12 of their original profession, except the first Bard -> Thief change, which would be made a lot earlier. Should I be looking at more character changes over the whole course of the game?

My main concerns are having as many people be able to hide in combat as possible, having as many magic users as possible, and being able to use the Cane of Corpus with the Faerie Ninja. Should I focus on other things or are any of these concerns not that important? What are people's criticisms of this plan? Is there a way to develop powerful magic users and still have them be able to hide? Is a bard's music instruments worth it? Is the Cane of Corpus worth it/accessible enough to make sure you have a Faerie Ninja?

I am just becoming acquainted with the game again after about a 10 year lay off. It was the only game I ever played as a kid and I think it is great. The farthest I have ever gotten was to New City and Munkharama with a level 12 party or so. I have another party going right now just to become acquainted with the game again, and they are all around level 7 in the New City.

Thanks for any input or ideas!

Old 30-03-2006, 02:46 PM   #78

This is the best game I know. It is just so big and wonderful. I know everything about this game. Just ask me if you have any problem. E-mail address of an unregistred member deleted - sorry, that's our policy
I can also send you screenshots!!!
The best way to finish this game is:

At the beggining: Use only 1 character (faerie) who has an ability to HIDE!

Change professions regulary to get all spells and skills on 100.

Final profession is NINJA.

Best way to train and gain lots of experience is to kill brother TShober and keep returning to the Munkharama bridge to meet his ghost again and again. You can advance to level 100 in ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DAY.

You can kill ALL!!!!! monsters in GORRORS in one blow!!!

I killed them all with a faerie ninja around 100 level in 10 minutes.

The gorrors did not take a single hit point of my character without hiding it!

HAVE FUN!!!

Jan from the Czech Republic k:

Old 02-04-2006, 01:23 PM   #79
hexen

How to save this game?

Old 10-05-2006, 04:35 PM   #80
DosNoob

I have the new version of dos box and I used it in the past it work with other game but not with Wizardry7.

I read the instructions in the link at the end of the review.

Downloaded Daemon.
Mounted the download.
Changed the directory to G.

When I try to put the code "mount d g:/ -t cdrom" in DosBox it give me an error message.

I did "mount g:/ -t cdrom" and it worked... not sure what im really doing ( Never done this sort of thing before ) could anyone help me?