Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forum Games
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-03-2010, 09:25 PM   #31
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

i think the name is fine i also like how TC is a nervous wreck to long he's been living underground me thinks.

Or perhaps, being a dwarf and all, lack there of?

Also, we should build a trade depot. AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DO NOT TRADE ANYTHING WOODEN TO THE ELVES

DUN duuuunnnn dudududududun SPLOOSH duuunnnnn

We ate the horse.

Last edited by Fubb; 03-03-2010 at 09:40 PM.
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb
Old 03-03-2010, 10:20 PM   #32
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

Damnit, ran out of food...i already had 2 die of starvation >< i always forget about the food! Urgh! Well, im constructing farm plots as fast as i can in my game, hopefully that solves the problem!

We ate the horse.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:32 PM   #33
Panthro
Man of Science

Whats the deal with selling wooden stuff to elves? do they get a bit upset?
Panthro is offline                         Send a private message to Panthro
Old 03-03-2010, 11:10 PM   #34
angry axe
O for Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthro View Post
Whats the deal with selling wooden stuff to elves? do they get a bit upset?
they are gay for trees, they also create a quota that you are allowed to cut down. and BTW why is the fortress not carved into a mountain? it makes it a bitch to defend.
"war has changed. its no longer about nations ideologies or ethnicity, its an endless series of proxy battles fought by mercenaries and machines. War, and its consumption of life - has become a well oiled machine" - Solid Snake

Last edited by angry axe; 03-03-2010 at 11:18 PM.
angry axe is offline                         Send a private message to angry axe
Old 03-03-2010, 11:38 PM   #35
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

We spawned there. As I explained in my other post, I had to choose between walking to a nearby (small and low) mountain to the north or start right there.

I see this entrance as provisory anyways. Future rulers will no doubt wish to improve on this, and nothing is impossible in DF as long as you put enough time in it. Heck, you want a mountain side? With time, you could basically dig one off the ground.

My first priority as the first ruler to this fortress was really to set up the minimum basic needs for the fortress. So far I am finished with this, and spring is not even finished.

I plan to set up mining operation of the malachine (copper) and bauxite (magma resistant) ores that we can see on the northern mountain side.

Also, don't forget that the location finder garanteed me magma and "special features" on this map. We can expect meeting surprises sooner or later, and the defense of this fortress will no doubt be interesting. Fubb will probably be very happy about it since he said he wanted to play on a plain to erect strange buildings on the ground.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:50 AM   #36
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

And i already have a plan for food...once we get things like strawberries, we should erect 6x6 farm plots, but we can't leave them undefended.

We should build everything in walls. Make everything compounded and only enterable from the inside or one gaurded point...Im still trying to remember if you can post guards to guard certain points though, i forget how. So we should atleast have 2 dwarves (miners or lumberjacks) armed with weapons to guard the main gates if thieves or sometihng comes.

But yea, always surround our surface assets with walls, dont want no goblins to come by and attack.

In my other dwarf fortress game, my colony is facing 2 things right now

1; we have no food, already 2 dead of starvation

2; I pissed off the elves -.- So in a year or 2 or so, im goona have a war band in front of my caves no doubt. Im working on building gates and stuff, but also on making primitive weaponry for my troops....ugh, i need food and migrants.....or my fortress is goona have a short 2 year history!!

We ate the horse.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:17 AM   #37
supa_mario
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubb View Post
And i already have a plan for food...once we get things like strawberries, we should erect 6x6 farm plots, but we can't leave them undefended.

We should build everything in walls. Make everything compounded and only enterable from the inside or one gaurded point...Im still trying to remember if you can post guards to guard certain points though, i forget how. So we should atleast have 2 dwarves (miners or lumberjacks) armed with weapons to guard the main gates if thieves or sometihng comes.

But yea, always surround our surface assets with walls, dont want no goblins to come by and attack.

In my other dwarf fortress game, my colony is facing 2 things right now

1; we have no food, already 2 dead of starvation

2; I pissed off the elves -.- So in a year or 2 or so, im goona have a war band in front of my caves no doubt. Im working on building gates and stuff, but also on making primitive weaponry for my troops....ugh, i need food and migrants.....or my fortress is goona have a short 2 year history!!
Wow and I thought I was bad. Wait your'e supposed to be running the fortress at some stage Well at least it should prove to be entertaining.
supa_mario is offline                         Send a private message to supa_mario
Old 04-03-2010, 11:00 AM   #38
angry axe
O for Awesome

just spam tower cap plots i have so many that most rot before they can be eaten, i also have so many cats that i am right now being miasma bombed from all the corpsesusess
"war has changed. its no longer about nations ideologies or ethnicity, its an endless series of proxy battles fought by mercenaries and machines. War, and its consumption of life - has become a well oiled machine" - Solid Snake
angry axe is offline                         Send a private message to angry axe
Old 04-03-2010, 03:38 PM   #39
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

In comparison to you, I am so experienced that I should write my name as one of the Gods in the pantheon.
  • We only have one entrance which need to be defended.
  • It is already defended by two war dogs which are chained right next to the entrance. Nothing can get in without us noticing.
  • We already have enough food for an army, and we can expand endlessly. Not only that, but the first layer of ground is not even rock, which mean we don't even need to water the ground to farm around...
  • I didn't bring along pets for the exact reason we don't need them and they lag the game endlessly... If I did, I would keep them all in cages I brought along.
  • I brough along so much food and booze to make sure we don't run out of it before I can set up our food industry that I could have waited until the end of fall before running out of booze, and a few years if we never had any migrants to the fort before it began to be a problem.

So calm up people... You'll get a nice little fort when you take over, and you will have plenty of time to screw it up and over in your own reign.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:42 PM   #40
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry axe View Post
just spam tower cap plots i have so many that most rot before they can be eaten, i also have so many cats that i am right now being miasma bombed from all the corpsesusess
There's an easy solution for that. Make a refuse stockpile outside. Everytime a cat kills a rodent in your food storage, someone carries it to outside where it can rot miasma-free. They also carry there all the bones, skins and corpse chunks out of animals you butcher.

@Eagle: Couple of questions regarding the fortress: What do we have as our neighbor civilizations? And what kind of creatures are roaming nearby? Sasquatches?
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen