Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forum Games
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-10-2007, 04:09 PM   #1
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

I bet you at some point decided to try something different, sat back afterwards, thought about ths new experience, and thought to yourself "Ummm, noooo, that's not it. This didn't work".

This isn't a forum game as such, but feel free to use your imagination if you can think of something you might would have done, if your brains suddenly walked out on you, or you can think of something that would have given you a bit of a surprise: "He-hey! This didn't work at all!"

So: First one is a real life one:

Spring rolls are meant to be fried. Deep fried, wok fried, bbq'ed, blowtorched, it doesn't matter. They are meant to be fried. However, I don't have a stove in working order, but I fancied some spring rolls, aaaand... I have a microwave..... End result: "Ummmmm, nooooo, that's not it. This didn't work one bit". Part dried, part frosen and all soggy.

NOT a bright idea. And yes, I will probably repeat it at some point.

So, how about you?
Old 05-10-2007, 08:52 PM   #2
GTX2GvO
The (Web)Space Pirate

Ohhh, Oh, oh. I'm RIGHT in the middle of this RIGHT now.

So I decided to venture into Linux. First into a Virtual box Later I decided to put it on my desktop.
Next to Windows in a Dual Boot.

Now I have all the nice Linux issues of needing drivers for hardware, while I need the hardware to get the drivers.
(paradox )

All in All the Linux (without the additional drivers and prog's) is quite OK and has nice games pre-installed on it. :w00t:
But I can't get the feeling out that says: Ummm, Noooo, That's Not It. <_<

Perhaps I'm just a Windows User and should not venture further in this Linux thing than just the occasional "Live CD".

At Least I've learned WHAT Linux is, how it all sticks together and what could be accomplished by using it.
And that's more valuable than a 10Gig drive with the actual stuff on it.

But then again, I'm Still in denial.
I still have hopes that I can make something out of this Linux venture, while it's clear that my attantion to it isn't enough to do just that.
(What were those 5 stages of acceptance again??)
(ignore, denial, anger, bargan, acceptance??)

Member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
GTX2GvO is offline                         Send a private message to GTX2GvO
Old 09-10-2007, 02:26 PM   #3
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Just saw a colleague having one of those moments: after working some 5 hours on the same file inside a .zip file, he closed the whole thing.
Apparently without saving any progress.

I've seen it before and I'll see it again.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:27 PM   #4
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

I always tried to stick to Opera cause it's more safe and has a plugin for Spybot SD and stuff... but...
I missed that personal link bar Java wouldn't run properly and I would have had to fiddle with all the interiors and at home I can't be buggered, ya know?
So I was thinking all the time... "Opera is slim and clean but.... nooo... that's not it. I gong back to Firefox!Though it's wasting some RAM."
Old 10-10-2007, 12:39 PM   #5
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

I just had one today: I was packing my bags, running around the flat to get everything done in time for me to catch the train. The ticket had already been paid for, and I had a confirmation mail in my inbox. I never bothered to read it, of course, since I knew what it said. Sooo, I ran around, high gear, hearing the clock ticking. When it was time, I opened the mailbox and said: "noooo, that's not it..." as I read that the train was leaving the station tomorrow. It's stupid, but I can't stop laughing