Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-07-2006, 12:22 PM   #1
duckpatch
Game freak

As many on here love music, I'm sure there is a good chance some of you use foobar2000 as your audio player... I'm hoping there is because I want to see screenshots of all your wacky foobar appearences!!! If you don't use foobar2000 or don't even know what it is, google it and don't spam the topic saying iTunes is better,etc..... its foobar2000 chat only

I would love to post my screenie but my foobar is still a work in progress!
duckpatch is offline                         Send a private message to duckpatch
Old 13-07-2006, 03:52 PM   #2
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

I went to the Foobar site and looked at screenshots... I don't see what's so "whacky" about its appearance...
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 15-07-2006, 01:59 AM   #3
duckpatch
Game freak

Well thats the default appearence.. the whole idea is that it is totally customizable, which means people end up making alot of new appearences.
duckpatch is offline                         Send a private message to duckpatch
Old 27-07-2006, 02:56 PM   #4
E-Magination

So? Winamp can do that too.
E-Magination is offline                         Send a private message to E-Magination
Old 14-08-2006, 11:08 AM   #5
Heretic

I got it recently as well, as its nice to use instead of the Bully programs like Winamp/MicrosoftMediaPlayer etc that take up lots of resources and memory.

I would like to know how to actually give it a more individual apprearance though, its currently a bit of an eyesore. A friend of mine made a cool semi-transparent version so you could see what other files were open or keep working with it overlaid which was a nice touch..
Old 14-08-2006, 01:16 PM   #6
carpetsmoker
Forum hobbit

Foobar is probably the best audio player I've ever seen: It's fast, clean, and has loads of configuration options...
Way better than Winamp/xmms, which seems to focus on (unreadable) skins and a general crap UI

The only downside is that it's windows-only...
carpetsmoker is offline                         Send a private message to carpetsmoker
Old 17-08-2006, 08:26 PM   #7
Cloudy
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(carpetsmoker @ Aug 14 2006, 02:16 PM) [snapback]248554[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

The only downside is that it's windows-only...
[/b]
Hmm that's annoying, I'm looking for a cool media player for when I install Linux. I'm gonna have a dual boot with windows though, so I might try it on windows.
Cloudy is offline                         Send a private message to Cloudy
Old 18-08-2006, 02:23 AM   #8
Eagg
Forum hobbit

For me Foobar2000 is perfect.
It it basically not limited in the way and amount of customization and the core system works clean, efficient and provides the best possible sound quality, what for me means almost no alteration of the music data (depending on file format).

I prefer the default design (just changed the sections via ColumsUI), since this is how most if not all my programs and my Windows look like.
I don't like it when program designer force their sense of style on me.

The negative aspects of Foobar2000 only count for those who want something different than its default look.
Negative about that is that it can be quite time consuming to figure out how to customize it.
Once you've figured it out, there is nothing that could stop you from making "your perfect" player.
Eagg is offline                         Send a private message to Eagg
Old 16-09-2006, 02:30 AM   #9
Heretic

Not to mention its great ten band (i think?) equalizer! Hooray.