Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-03-2007, 04:25 PM   #21
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

No one listens to classical music? Like J.S. Bach - when you need something done there is nothing better to stimulate your brain.
Or maybe Vivaldi when you feels happy or maybe some opera music?

Or maybe sometimes you feel destructive Gustav Holst's Mars seems a good choice.

Or when you feel super powerfull the music from Wagner's opera might raise you even higher.

Hold on to rock, metal, house, rap and all the other stuff, just dont' forget the old school

Btw this year for eurovision we have an opera singer. the music is nice (beautiful even - compared to other crap we usually send there), but i think it's a ripoff form HOMM5 Heaven theme. too much in music sounds the same. i compared it by palying MP3 and listening to that new song on radio.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 13-03-2007, 07:58 AM   #22
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Punk... more specifically skate punk (preferably fast and technical) with some metal/thrash punk and pop punk thrown on the side. I also like a small selection of hardcore and metalcore bands... I have a last.fm link in my sig.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 13-03-2007, 12:48 PM   #23
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Or when you feel super powerfull the music from Wagner's opera might raise you even higher.[/b]
Ride of the Valkyries, you mean? Nah.
Dies Irae by Verdi is more like it.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 13-03-2007, 05:53 PM   #24
Himmler
Trollmaster General

metal, black especially, viking\folk and all that kind of mumbo-jumbo
Himmler is offline                         Send a private message to Himmler
Old 15-03-2007, 04:43 PM   #25
ado
Forum hobbit

oh, speaking of classical music. there's a japanese band, now defunct, called malice mizer. their final album "bara no seidou" (which translates to something like "the temple of the rose" or something along the lines) is a beautiful fusion of classical music, opera and gothic rock. i haven't heard anything sounding like that since; so if you dig classical stuff and guitars and don't mind the japanese language (which is beautiful if you ask me) try that out

and "making of cyborg" is epic. very... ethereal even, so to say. that's why all people love it; i like it in the movie... on its own i don't really listen to it. guess i need the imagery with it
ado is offline                         Send a private message to ado
Old 22-03-2007, 12:36 PM   #26
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

What sort of music I like? Geez, it would be easier to say what I don't like, like disco, modern "r'n'b", soul, freaked out jazz and pretty much anything synth based. That leaves... um... a couple of genres. Ok, serious: Rock as in AC/DC, Motorhead and Ramones, old classic UK punk/oi! bands like one that can't be typed because of the word censoring thing , Sham 69, Business, Toy Dolls, The Ruts.... more modern ones like Dropkick Murphys and the industrial LARD, gypsy hot club and string swing, the weird and wonderful Fliflet/Hamre Energy Supply (sort of Balkan/Scandinavian/Mexican/anywhere folk with attitude, drums and accordion), some classical music and operas, Tom Lehrer, delta blues, Yat Kha (rrreeeeeally strange), different folk music... yaddy-yaddy-ya, you get the idea.
Old 22-03-2007, 05:57 PM   #27
Grinder
Funkpilz Inc.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ado @ Mar 11 2007, 04:19 AM) [snapback]282865[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
if you haven't, you might try the other square composers too. yasunori mitsuda and yoko shimomura are those that come to my mind now; mitsuda's work for xenogears was delightful and shimomura's score for parasite eve.. i really enjoyed that too. the games are great too, by the way
anywaaay... what downbeat/trip hop stuff do you like? and do you like acid jazz? i've come to really like that some time ago.

looong reply.. duh.
[/b]
I never played Xenogears or Parasite Eve, but the former is most definitely on my list.
I'm a big fan of Thievery Corporation and a number of Lounge compilation, mostly Bar Lounge Classics, I also like Kruder&Dorfmeister, Boozoo Bajou, Tosca, Yonderboi, Moby, Air, Zero 7, and the like. As for Trip Hop, I mostly listen to the 'old skool' kind. The Bristol kind. Massive Attack, Portishead, and so on.
My only contact with 'acid jazz' has been Jamiroquai (speaks for itself, doesn't it? ), so I can't say much about that, but I've been meaning to look into it. Can you recommend anything/anyone?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(#BlakhOle# @ Mar 11 2007, 11:57 AM) [snapback]282907[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
My God mg2: . You must be my evil twin double, or something, coz that's just what I listen to, cept maybe the trip hop thing. I love Nobuo Uematsu, especially the piano collections albums. These just about sum up my preferences, but I'll listen to just about anything, from Metallica to Peggy Lee, from Deep Purple to Harry Conick Jr, if it's got a good tune. Incidently my favourite song ever is Drops of Jupiter by Train.
[/b]
:w00t: I always wanted an evil twin!

I used to play lots of Nobuo Uematsu's stuff when I was still playing the keyboard.

P.S.: Funk is the sh*t!

EDIT - Damn filter.
EDIT2 - Somehow I always click reply when I want to click edit.
Grinder is offline                         Send a private message to Grinder
Old 25-03-2007, 10:39 AM   #28
ado
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Henning @ Mar 22 2007, 08:57 PM) [snapback]284568[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I never played Xenogears or Parasite Eve, but the former is most definitely on my list.
I'm a big fan of Thievery Corporation and a number of Lounge compilation, mostly Bar Lounge Classics, I also like Kruder&Dorfmeister, Boozoo Bajou, Tosca, Yonderboi, Moby, Air, Zero 7, and the like. As for Trip Hop, I mostly listen to the 'old skool' kind. The Bristol kind. Massive Attack, Portishead, and so on.
My only contact with 'acid jazz' has been Jamiroquai (speaks for itself, doesn't it? ), so I can't say much about that, but I've been meaning to look into it. Can you recommend anything/anyone?
[/b]
i've played parasite eve as well (although i've never finished neither of the games) and it's really good too. more rpg than survival horror if you ask me, at least the first one.
i too think that the 'old skool' trip hop is the best... both massive attack and portishead should release an album this year, so let's hope it clicks and we get to listen to something new. i'm more than eager to listen to the portishead one as they released their last studio album 10 years ago... and i'm sure that massive attack aren't going to disappoint me, i really loved the more electronic direction of '100th window' and the 'unleashed/danny the dog' soundtrack was really nice too.
as for acid jazz, it's a bit hard to classify. when i was looking for acid jazz stuff, the artists are usually labeled as being 'trip hop', 'nujazz' and other genres too, so it's a bit hard to say what 'pure' acid jazz really is. anyway, i really like kyoto jazz massive, although it seems their work is mostly remixing. worth checking out though. another one who comes to mind is yukihiro fukutomi, i quite liked the album i've heard (love each other).
wikipedia has a list of acid jazz artists too, so that might be a place to start too...
ado is offline                         Send a private message to ado
Old 25-03-2007, 11:11 AM   #29
Himmler
Trollmaster General

here's my sister's band http://www.myspace.com/slangfunk
Himmler is offline                         Send a private message to Himmler
Old 25-03-2007, 03:41 PM   #30
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

I just added the "Queens best hits" in the list. My god its big now...

BTW, does anyone know a good place where I could download game music? No Midi's, please.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen