Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-12-2006, 01:12 AM   #11
Lonewolf1044

Send a message via ICQ to Lonewolf1044

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Dec 18 2006, 10:23 AM) [snapback]271964[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Dec 18 2006, 06:43 AM) [snapback]271955[/snapback]
Quote:
Too bad they never made this a talkie...

I guess the 25th aniversary was a bit more special then "just" another Star Trek game.
[/b]
Hello people,

A 'talkie' version of Judgement Rites does exist but it was very rare, part of a special package that also included collectables and a video of "The City of thed Edge of Forever".
[/b][/quote]
You are right. I got the floppy version and the collectible version as soon as it came out. Never played it. put it on my shelf and forgot about it.
Old 19-12-2006, 10:02 AM   #12
paulypoos
Abandonia nerd

So to recap a bit....the WHITE LABEL company (budget releases) who were usually rather reliable released the 2 games in one box at a budget price, each game on a SEPERATE cd, in a SEPERATE case and with SEPERATE manuals BUT despite all the space on the CD they didnt give us the talkie version but instead the souped up floppy one. GRRRRR!!!!!!!!! wish I could get my hands on the git who made that decision, wonder if there were copyright issues involved. As previously mentioned, I had a really tatty, incomplete collectors set (no video or badge) and just binned box, kept extras cd (with interviews) and I THINK (maybe somewhere) gave the game cd away as I thought it was identical to the white label cd I had, oh well...these things happen.

Thanks for the emule link, downloading now!
paulypoos is offline                         Send a private message to paulypoos
Old 19-12-2006, 01:17 PM   #13
Pavel

Adventures were my most favorite genre long time ago. This game is pretty cool, anyway I'm getting older or what, some challenges really annoyed me on this game:P I hated the frustrating feeling when I knew how I wanted to solve particular thing, but didn't know how to realise it in the game. I know 10 years ago it din't matter to me but now.. :P Example: I knew I need heat for the ground to power up controls. OK, so I found a solution to a problem. So, phaser came to my mind. I've tried to shot at the rocks underneath or around the controls. The game didn't allow it though(said something about that I'm stupid). So I thought it won't work, but it came to my mind that I have to contact Enterprise to fire up something bigger. I spent dozens of minutes walking through every room, trying to contact Enterprise, without success. Then I tried from anger to fire at random rock and whoa, THAT rock worked, after that I've got the tip to contact Enterprise. This is pretty stupid IMO. The success depends if you try to click everywhere, not that you found the solution in your head. BUT, I've been trying to contact my ship, still no success. I had to find out from the walkthrough I have to tricode CERTAIN rock as a target..omg! :P :wallbash: You know those moments really frustrate me when I play the game, when I know what I want to do, how to solve a problem, but I have to spend so much time with trial-error to find some place where to click, I see no point in that really:P
Of course years ago it didn't matter to me, I remember playing Larry 1 and trying for months various commands to get the result Well the times are different, I've got not so much free time..

Old 19-12-2006, 02:58 PM   #14
U-Boat Commander David
Abandonia nerd

Talking

Thank you Abandonia for making this Great game availible to every1.

I've spent hours playing the other Star Trek game, and its nice i finally got my hands on this one.

Kirk and spock is just teh pwnz0rage.

U-Boat Commander David is offline                         Send a private message to U-Boat Commander David
Old 19-12-2006, 07:33 PM   #15
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

anyone else also has d-load problem? here it was downloading over 20h and still didn't finish :-o that's odd. i canceled it and tried again fresh... it's ultra slow... :-(
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 20-12-2006, 09:26 AM   #16
paulypoos
Abandonia nerd

yup...ultra slow download for me also, timed out...strange.
paulypoos is offline                         Send a private message to paulypoos
Old 20-12-2006, 11:10 AM   #17

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gregor @ Dec 19 2006, 08:33 PM) [snapback]272155[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
anyone else also has d-load problem? here it was downloading over 20h and still didn't finish :-o that's odd. i canceled it and tried again fresh... it's ultra slow... :-(
[/b]
My downloads also regularly stopped yesterday. Resuming them where they left off worked fine though, so after 5 or 6 continues I managed to get the whole archive (with Safari/Mac OS X).

Old 20-12-2006, 09:45 PM   #18
MdaG
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via ICQ to MdaG Send a message via AIM to MdaG Send a message via MSN to MdaG Send a message via Yahoo to MdaG

I own the talkie version of this game. I haven't played this in at least ten years. Last thing I remember from it was [spoiler]getting stuck during the WW2 (!?) mission[/spoiler]
MdaG is offline                         Send a private message to MdaG
Old 21-12-2006, 09:53 AM   #19
Skylifter

I have no problems downloading it, but it won´t run. I did what was explained in the review (editing the executable´s properties) and double-checked wether I did it correctly, but when I run the exe, it switches to a blank screen and nothing happens. I tried waiting a few minutes, but even then nothing happened and I had to switch back to windows with Alt+Enter.

Any ideas what I could do?

Old 22-12-2006, 01:57 PM   #20
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Try setting a finite amount of memory in each of the options in the memory tab. See if that helps.

Also, did you run the sound config? Please do so and see if the game will work when you disable all sound.

If that fails, you can try using DosBox or VDMSound.

You can get them from our programs page.
You can download it here.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman