Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-02-2005, 01:47 PM   #1
Kestral
Abandonia nerd

Warcraft is still being sold by blizzard, ermm, I wonder? uh oh its just like b and m being sold eh?
Kestral is offline                         Send a private message to Kestral
Old 27-02-2005, 02:50 PM   #2
Timpsi
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Kestral@Feb 27 2005, 04:47 PM
Warcraft is still being sold by blizzard, ermm, I wonder? uh oh its just like b and m being sold eh?
Where exactly? I couldn't find it from their webstore - but then again, it is quite a messy one.

By the way, I fail to see why this would be bad news.
Old 27-02-2005, 05:06 PM   #3
Dreadlord
[BANNED]

I already made a post about this awhile back, so it's old news buddy, in conclusion our thoughts were that nobody cares!

Yay!
Dreadlord is offline                         Send a private message to Dreadlord
Old 27-02-2005, 06:03 PM   #4
Timpsi
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadlord@Feb 27 2005, 08:06 PM
I already made a post about this awhile back, so it's old news buddy, in conclusion our thoughts were that nobody cares!
You're referring to this thread, I believe. I couldn't find a buy link from there either, and so the game remains unavailable for purchase.

Besides, your agument there was that "it doesn't really depend on whether they're selling it or not, it depends on Blizzard saying whether it is legal to be downloaded or not". Actually, the company's opinion has very little to do with the andonware status. They can forbid sites to put the games up, but they won't be asked if they wish their products to be offered for free on the internet.

And what comes to the technical support the company gives; well, it sure is nice, but it doesn't make the game any more available.
Old 27-02-2005, 06:06 PM   #5
Kestral
Abandonia nerd

Yea sure, it sort of sold at walmart, I saw it being sold at best buy too...best buy was like selling oldies like, buy one 9.95 dollar game, get two free too, and it had to be blizzard, i mean.....seriously, you can't just put taht game on here if its still being sold, its unfair for those people who just bought it?

P.S It was sold at cdaccess to so i guess its immediatly bad eh?
I would think it would be safer to email blizzard about it....before stuff happens =S...and i really like this site.
Old 27-02-2005, 06:21 PM   #6
Timpsi
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Kestral@Feb 27 2005, 09:06 PM
Yea sure, it sort of sold at walmart, I saw it being sold at best buy too...best buy was like selling oldies like, buy one 9.95 dollar game, get two free too, and it had to be blizzard, i mean.....seriously, you can't just put taht game on here if its still being sold, its unfair for those people who just bought it?
I still couldn't find a place to buy it from, no matter how hard I looked. Care to give me a link?

Besides, people who bought their game and got the original are much better off than those who have to resort to a downloaded copy.

Quote:
P.S It was sold at cdaccess to so i guess its immediatly bad eh?
Where? At least the search engine of CDAccess found nothing.
Old 27-02-2005, 06:47 PM   #7
Kestral
Abandonia nerd

I have no idea, lets just be safe and ask blizzard before we do this, and i say this as a concerned member...=D i like this site really
Old 27-02-2005, 07:40 PM   #8
FreeFreddy

I doubt Blizzard will look here around for it's old games. And if there's no proof the game is sold somewhere, it's abandoned.

Old 27-02-2005, 08:34 PM   #9
Dreadlord
[BANNED]

Noigle, despite the fact that you people have no idea how the system works, I don't really care.
Dreadlord is offline                         Send a private message to Dreadlord
Old 27-02-2005, 09:10 PM   #10
Kon-Tiki
[BANNED]

Why such a rush of panic? If there's proof of the game still being sold, we gladly change the download-link into a buy-link. Abandonia's all about preserving old games and keeping them alive. If the company does it by selling it, then it's not our role to take care of it, but if there's no way of getting the game from the developpers or publishers, and they didn't explicitely say their games shouldn't be put up for download (like Sierra, LucasArts and Team 17), it is concidered abandonware and we preserve the game, giving young people the chance to experience gaming as it was in its golden years, giving older people the chance to play the games they love and can't find anywhere anymore. If there's no way we can provide a way to buy this game for the people looking for it, be it a link to CD Access, a link to their site or information 'bout where to send an order to (which's usually on their site anyways, if it's still sold), and they didn't clearly forbid people from putting it up for download, we would fail our purpose as to preserving the game if we would take the download link down.
Kon-Tiki is offline                         Send a private message to Kon-Tiki