Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-02-2005, 11:54 PM   #11
MasterGrazzt
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Henrik@Feb 8 2005, 09:03 PM
1. Bureau 13 is very popular in Scandinavia (where I happen to come from).
2. If the reviewer isn't aware of the game series Warhammer 40 K, he will review it as if it was a stand-alone game.

That's why.
Yeah, I've heard of RPGs being hits in Europe and practically unknown here. In Nomine and Das Schwartz Auge being examples.

I really think you should amend the review to mention that it is based on Warhammer 40,000. It may seem fanboyish, and it probably is, but what the hell, right?
MasterGrazzt is offline                         Send a private message to MasterGrazzt
Old 09-02-2005, 12:26 AM   #12
PeeWeeHerman666

I remember that on my very first Pentium 133 machine it came with a Soundblaster CD with three games on it, one of which was Space Hulk, yet I could never get it working even in old-school DOS. The name haunted me sitting out of my reach on a simple piece of plastic.

Ah, memories...
PeeWeeHerman666 is offline                         Send a private message to PeeWeeHerman666
Old 09-02-2005, 03:31 AM   #13
Mardi-Gras
Forum hobbit

WolverineDK: gotta agree with you about Space Crusade. Man, I'd forgotten all about Space Crusade... I mean, Space Hulk - well and good. But those Chaos dreadnaughts in Space Crusade used to spook me out.

I remember a few years back - actually, about 10 now I think about it - there was rumour of a Space Hulk movie. I think I'd've watched that.
Mardi-Gras is offline                         Send a private message to Mardi-Gras
Old 09-02-2005, 09:19 AM   #14
Wired
Abandonia nerd

Hey, I have the CD version of Space Hulk (I'm not talking about Vengeance of the Blood Angels) and it seems to be a lot bigger than the one on the site. Any one know what difference (if any) there is between the versions?
Wired is offline                         Send a private message to Wired
Old 09-02-2005, 09:30 AM   #15
Mardi-Gras
Forum hobbit

The only other version of 'SpaceHulk' I've played is on the Playstation. And I was deeply truly rubbish at it. Talk about difficult! I think it was the Playstation version that made me so blase about the film 'Aliens' - i was pretty much thinking throughout the movie: "Seen worse. Don't know why they're making such a fuss..."
Mardi-Gras is offline                         Send a private message to Mardi-Gras
Old 09-02-2005, 12:55 PM   #16
krel1
Lurker

I remember this game as well. A friend of mine introduced it for me, and we used to play it alot on my old 486 dx4.

it was a tough and scary game as hell, especially when the aliens suddenly break through the walls.

The sound also made it terrifying.
krel1 is offline                         Send a private message to krel1
Old 09-02-2005, 02:21 PM   #17
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

There were two games called Space Hulk, the second with a subtitle "Vengeance of the Blood Angels", and released two years later then the one on Abandonia. You can read about VOTBA at Home of the Underdogs.

I played Space Crusade for PC and really I'm not impressed with it. Poor music, poor gameplay (at least in single player).

@the folk who cannot run it under Windoze: SPACE HULK DOES NOT FUNCTION WITH ANY WINDOWS VERSION I KNOW OF. Finito. Been there, done that. Install DosBox or enter "pure" DOS mode (if you have an older Windows version/ older hardware) and you'll be all right.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 09-02-2005, 02:49 PM   #18
Zarr

I am not able to run this game with dosbox, I get a error message

„Exit to error: CPU:8E:Illegal RM Byte“

Maybe someone can send me his dosbox config file
tk_redhead@gmx.de

I remember also the board game, but at this time it cost to much for a child :crazy: I never saw so much gigantic package.
Zarr is offline                         Send a private message to Zarr
Old 09-02-2005, 03:14 PM   #19

Le original!
Great, I got the souped up one for the PS1, it pwned :Brain:

Old 09-02-2005, 05:00 PM   #20
Aidyn

Creepy, I played this game precious little when I was about 9. Partly due to the fact that my computer didnt like the game much, and mostly because it scared the sheeyat out of me. And of course, the rules take a little time to get used to.
I found this site (abandonia) about a week ago, while looking for a place to dl Civilization (best game ever). I was thrilled to find Doom and Red Baron, my two other all time fav games. But I spent 2 hours lookingt all over the web for a place to get Space Hulk, and this was just 3 days ago. I was shocked and amazed to see it on the front page today.

I heart abandonia for3ver.