Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: What is your favourite buggy game, that now you wonder how you played it at all?
Quest for Glory 4: Shadows of Darkness 7 13.46%
Ultima 8 4 7.69%
Ultima 9 5 9.62%
Darksun: Wake of the Ravager 6 11.54%
Daggerfall 9 17.31%
Elite 2 3 5.77%
Fallout 2 9 17.31%
Master of Magic 5 9.62%
I will tell you in my post 4 7.69%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20-02-2012, 10:23 AM   #11
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post
I think the fact that those polls always mentioning games I never or barely ever played is beginning to turn into some kind of running gag.
Are there any games you ever played? Just kidding, still, the games mentioned here are more or less those of the most well-known ones.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 20-02-2012, 01:30 PM   #12
Panthro
Man of Science

Gotta be QFG4.

Great game, even with the host of annoying bugs.

If I could pick a second, I'd probably pick Daggerfall, which is probably one of the buggiest (and yet still completable) games I've ever played.
Panthro is offline                         Send a private message to Panthro
Old 21-02-2012, 01:52 PM   #13
Fleabass666
Abandonia nerd

I am a bit with Eagle of Fire on this one...

A "well-known game" is a subjective concept. Of course, if you have been playing computer games non-stop for the last 20-30 years, you will sure know the most of them. But that may not be the case for everyone. I, for example, played a lot of them while I was at high school, but not that much while I started college. And for the last 10 years, I mostly played console games, with the kids.

However, we are all free to answer a poll or not, right? Maybe the "a poll per week" formula is also not appropriate. How about having a poll per month ?

Just giving my two cents...
Old 21-02-2012, 04:09 PM   #14
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Quote:
Are there any games you ever played? Just kidding, still, the games mentioned here are more or less those of the most well-known ones.
Well, I beg to differ. With the exception of Fallout 2 and Master of Magic (which are not really that buggy either), all those games are either niche games or games which had the reputation to be night unplayable because you could not start them.

Ultima, for example... Never could have run that on my computer. And most people I knew simply gave up trying to do the same. Daggerfall is another prime example of this.

I simply could not play games which refused to run on a normal machine of the time the game got out. If you consider that buggy then it is your choice but I was under the impression that the poll was about playable games which are so buggy it gets very annoying...

Other games like QfG or Elite... Well, I think those games are typically European. I never even know those games existed before I joined this site.
Old 21-02-2012, 05:24 PM   #15
Capo
Unconventional member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post
Other games like QfG or Elite... Well, I think those games are typically European. I never even know those games existed before I joined this site.

Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Old 21-02-2012, 06:07 PM   #16
Tracker
Home Sweet Abandonia

I thought titles like Quest for Glory were released in the US as well. But anyway, I haven't played any of the listed games, well, at least not much. I spent some time with Elite 2, but never "completed" it.
The game that had a bug so annoying was Port Royale 1 - I couldn't finish the game, there was a vital NPC missing in it (I still wonder if it was a bug). Other than that... I mostly played games which didn't have bugs (or didn't deserve a place in my memory).

Reverend Preacherbot: Wretched sinner unit! The path to Robot Heaven lies here, in the Good Book 3.0.
Bender: Hey. Do I preach at you when you're lying stoned in the gutter? No!
Tracker is offline                         Send a private message to Tracker
Old 22-02-2012, 06:30 AM   #17
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Quest for Glory...like all Sierra games...was made in America and was just as popular in America as the other Sierra adventure games. Even in rural Australia a place where gamers were few and far between we knew all about the Sierra adventure games. Plenty of people played these games, and even more know them by reputation and then tried them out at a later date. Once again if you want a poll focused on games you liked and played post one in the thread, if it is good enough it will be on the site. If you had a different game in mind that you played and now wonder how you did so due to bugs you can vote for that option in the poll.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 22-02-2012, 08:50 AM   #18
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I just checked on Wikipedia and Sierra does seem to be from the US. Which is very strange because those games always appeared as exotic imports if you were to see them on shelves around here. I'm not in the US but we do have free trading with them since they are our only land trader around here and it is not normal that they appeared as such. I can guarantee you that those games never got much attention around here when they got out and it was right when I was looking the most actively around for new games to play.

Just checked too and Elite is really European.

Darth, you seem to miss my point completely. I don't care about polls with games I like, or games I played. All what I'm saying is that those polls are extremely one-sided and thus slightly worthless.

And no, I'm certainly not interested in doing the same. Why would I want to make a one side poll anyways since that's exactly what I dislike?
Old 22-02-2012, 09:03 AM   #19
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Please submit your poll ideas so we can help bring you a selection that is not "one sided."

http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=28285
Old 22-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #20
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Do you really need help with that?

I mean, seriously. Look at the poll. Out of the 10 options you have 8 RPGs, one simulation and one turn based strategy.

Is this some kind of hidden message stating that RPGs are very buggy in general?