If All Else Fails, Play Dead

Exclamation

I'd take my chances with the walrus :notrust:
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 03-09-2008, 02:00 AM   #42
slavestate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
Coin? I thought they included a coin with the pentagram only with a copy of Ultima VIII, I still have that box with manual, cloth map and the coin. Sure you didn't mix something up there?
Never owned Ultima 8 (never had a 486 that would play it back then) but 5 did indeed come with a coin. Its the coin with the symbol of the Codex that was used to call you back to Britannia at the beginning of the game.. 4 came with an Ankh, 5 came with the Codex coin, 6 came with the orb of the moons, 7 came with the Fellowship coin, cant remember if 7 pt 2 came with anything that was where I stopped playing Ultima around 94 or so (when my 386 died)..

As for scans, this stuffs all over the internet.. You can even get good pics off of ebay bids sometimes.
Just a few weeks ago someone sold a collection of original MINT COMPLETE IN BOX Ultima 1-5.. I was soooo sad I was broke and it went for almost $300, but the guy still had everything in each box down to all the trinkets, cloth maps, everything..

Somebody scored..
slavestate is offline                         Send a private message to slavestate
Old 03-09-2008, 06:54 AM   #43
manic
Lurker

It's odd, when I click on the download link, it directs me to files.abandonia.com/ramdisk, which I haven't seen before. I've not had any problems getting files off abandonia except oddly enough with the Ultima series (I haven't tried getting 8 because I have it on CD, so it's just 5-7). The link just times out, and there isn't any file targeted if I try to use a download program either. Am I doing something wrong?
manic is offline                         Send a private message to manic
Old 03-09-2008, 09:43 AM   #44
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

yeah downloads are down, wait a while
Old 20-04-2009, 07:27 PM   #45
golan
Forum hobbit

By the way you could find the keyboard commands for this game HERE.
golan is offline                         Send a private message to golan
Old 05-05-2009, 08:23 AM   #46
Maxor127
Game Wizzard

I barely played this game and never won it, but I watched my brother play it a lot. I don't think he won it either, but it was a very interesting game. It's one of those games I've always wanted to play and win, but just never got around to it. I think our copy of the game broke. I like its premise and I like the dark twist it puts on the world you know from Ultima IV. I hope one day I get around to playing through all of the Ultimas I missed.
Maxor127 is offline                         Send a private message to Maxor127
Old 11-07-2009, 12:49 AM   #47
hanmaan

I played this game on the C64 back when I was 13-14, got to the last fight in the dungeon before you reach Lord British when the system died. Years later when I got my 486, I grabbed this and finally finished it, finding how close I was.

I still have the box from the C64 days....checking the cloth map, the map on the site appears to be incorrect, at least it doesn't match the map I have in the box. Also I still have the hint book. Anyone need/want it?
hanmaan is offline                         Send a private message to hanmaan
Old 11-07-2009, 05:35 AM   #48
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmaan View Post
I played this game on the C64 back when I was 13-14, got to the last fight in the dungeon before you reach Lord British when the system died. Years later when I got my 486, I grabbed this and finally finished it, finding how close I was.

I still have the box from the C64 days....checking the cloth map, the map on the site appears to be incorrect, at least it doesn't match the map I have in the box. Also I still have the hint book. Anyone need/want it?
You're talking about the C64 version. We don't really need these. We only deal in PC Booter/DOS/Windows games for now.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:25 AM   #49
hanmaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy View Post
You're talking about the C64 version. We don't really need these. We only deal in PC Booter/DOS/Windows games for now.
Ah, was referring to the cloth map - I don't see why they'd have a different version of the cloth map for the same game. The map I see here looks like its for a different version, with the cities not as single points, but scaled to the map.

The hint book I have is the official one from Origin Systems. It has the map of the Underworld, every dungeon, city and location for every magic item in the game. Its system-neutral. http://ultima.wikia.com/wiki/Ultima_V_Cluebook
hanmaan is offline                         Send a private message to hanmaan
Old 11-07-2009, 08:58 AM   #50
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

I see. Why don't you start a thread in the Offers forum and post your offers there?