Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-03-2007, 06:45 AM   #31
chronochief

There's one expansion for Ultima VII: The Black Gate called "The Forge of Virtue", and one expansion for Ultima VII Part 2: Serpent Isle called "The Silver Seed".

Ultima VII Part 2:Serpent Isle is a standalone game, though the title may confuse some people...
chronochief is offline                         Send a private message to chronochief
Old 01-05-2007, 12:36 AM   #32

Anyone know how to get the sound to work?

Old 01-05-2007, 12:54 AM   #33
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

if you are on winXP, use dosbox (downloadable on this site)
Old 24-07-2007, 05:14 AM   #34
Casublett

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reup @ Jun 22 2006, 08:55 PM) [snapback]238924[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)
[/b]
This is my 2nd favorite (Baldur's Gate II being the first) RPG of all time.

I couldn't belive all the real word touches this game had, I felt like I was actually there. In many ways, no other RPG matches this games world "sim" elements so successfully.

All the in-game people have a schedule that they keep to and can be found where they should be when they should be. Hell, I even remeber a critical plot moment where you had to ease drop on a secret meeting and a specific time.

The combat system was a great balance of tactics and simplicity. And you gotta love the magic throwing axes.

I still haven't found decided what version of this game is the best... any suggestions?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reup @ Jun 22 2006, 08:55 PM) [snapback]238924[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)
[/b]
Quick tip for any new players...

Go straight to the castle, go to the roof, use the cannon to open the door. Take the magic carpet on the ground and you life will be forever easier.
Casublett is offline                         Send a private message to Casublett
Old 13-08-2008, 09:45 PM   #35
slavestate

Does anyone happen to know of any old school character editors for the game?
I have the Ultima Saved Game Editor 1.3 done by Xenerkes Dragon but the one thing I need to edit is my Karma and it doesnt do it.

I stumbled upon that lovely cheat room in LB's castle that keeps respawing chests and kept getting them until my party was loaded with armor and magic axes.
I accidentally hit Ctrl-K on the way out and noticed my karma went from 99 to 27!!!! I guess that counts as stealing?? The one spot in the game that actually does?? I can go steal the guards armor upstairs from their dressers but not that..

So yeah if anybodies got anything post it up! Im already done with all 8 shrines too now I guess I gotta keep doing em over again to bring it back up.
slavestate is offline                         Send a private message to slavestate
Old 15-08-2008, 10:47 PM   #36
ultimaIX
Forum hobbit

Default Karma

to Slavestate: you can't do the shrines over again - it's a one time deal. But what you can do is leave all your party members at various inns, go to blackthorne's castle ALONE and get caught. You'll be tortured, and if you give him the mantra of the shrine he asks for, he'll destroy the shrine. Then, after you've escaped, you can go to the shrine, and Yell the word of power for the dungeon that corresponds w/ the shrine that's been destroyed. This will fix the shrine, and you'll get tons of karma for it. This can only be done once for each shrine as well though.

Want an easier way to raise karma? Go to the beggar in Minoc and talk to him, give him coins, and leave town. Repeat that, and you'll get 1 karma every time you do it.

And yes, the cheat room on the bottom of the castle is considered stealing.
One last thing, if you don't leave all your party members at the inn before going to Blackthorn's castle, he'll permanently kill one of them. So make sure you don't forget that step! (unless you just have Sadj in your party - then it's perfectly ok to head out there! >:) )

-uIX
ultimaIX is offline                         Send a private message to ultimaIX
Old 21-08-2008, 01:47 AM   #37
slavestate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimaIX View Post
to Slavestate: This will fix the shrine, and you'll get tons of karma for it. This can only be done once for each shrine as well though.

And yes, the cheat room on the bottom of the castle is considered stealing.
One last thing, if you don't leave all your party members at the inn before going to Blackthorn's castle, he'll permanently kill one of them. So make sure you don't forget that step! (unless you just have Sadj in your party - then it's perfectly ok to head out there! > )

-uIX
Ahh I remember the absolute shock first time I ever went to Blackthorns castle (oh 1988 or so) and Shamino got wiped from my party. I didnt think of that trick though.. What I ended up doing, first shrine I went to just asked for money.. Gave it 100g, got 1 karma. So after selling all the crap I got from that room in British's castle I was just at about 9999g. So I just kept going and meditating at the Shrine of Compassion giving it 900 gold each time and getting 9 karma points a shot until I got back up to 99.
I was left with 1600gp when I was done heh.

I think Ill go see what happens if I destroy the shrine myself and then fix it!

Actually can you destroy em yourself? Here goes!
slavestate is offline                         Send a private message to slavestate
Old 27-08-2008, 08:37 AM   #38
Fadingfool

Smile

This was the first RPG I completed all the way through. I still have the original game with its coin, cloth map, four 5 and a quarter inch disks and an old exercise book with my notes
I spent so long playing I could read the runes without translating :nuts: all on an Amstrad 1640 (at least it had EGA)

Some additional spells:
IN XEN MANI (creates food from ginseng garlic and mandrake)
REL XEN BET (needs silk, ash, mandrake and nightshade)
AN YLEM (garlic and bloodmoss)
Fadingfool is offline                         Send a private message to Fadingfool
Old 27-08-2008, 09:21 AM   #39
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Coin? I thought they included a coin with the pentagram only with a copy of Ultima VIII, I still have that box with manual, cloth map and the coin. Sure you didn't mix something up there?
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 27-08-2008, 09:39 AM   #40
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Quote:
This was the first RPG I completed all the way through. I still have the original game with its coin, cloth map, four 5 and a quarter inch disks and an old exercise book with my notes
you HAVE to make scans and/or take pics for us

otherwise.. well, have you heard about the wallrus threat?