Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-02-2005, 07:04 AM   #11
Mad-E-Fact
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Joi@Feb 21 2005, 03:33 AM
Amberstar is still a great game, but I loved Ambermoon even more. To bad I sold my copy of Ambermoon 2 Years ago with my Amiga 2000
is there a chance we will see ambermoon on this page?
There never was a PC version of Ambermoon, and we only have PC games on this site. You can however run an Amiga emulator and download Ambermoon right here: http://umcus.org/~alexh/
Mad-E-Fact is offline                         Send a private message to Mad-E-Fact
Old 09-03-2005, 02:31 PM   #12
rawhide

Quote:
Originally posted by Astral@Jan 25 2005, 01:02 PM
The game runs just fine without any problems :w00t: But there is that when you start for the first time on my Amiga buck in time, you can create your character to play the game, in this version the "makechar.exe" don't work :eeeeeh: , if anyone try the game and make this 'exe work, please share your knowledge here with as....
I'm having this same problem. The error message claims that a "program is trying to access the hard disk which cannot be supported." Any luck?

Old 10-05-2005, 05:32 PM   #13
Lost PC

I was what book the game refers too when you begin a game?

Old 31-08-2005, 09:47 AM   #14
Crack

This is the best RPG ever...great story and graphics are ok,too!!

Old 31-08-2005, 02:19 PM   #15
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Best RPG ever? That's remarkable praise. Could you offer some more concrete comparisons? How does it beat, for instance, Baldur's Gate II, or Morrowind, or Planescape: Torment, or Ultima VII, or Gothic II, etc? To be the best, you've got to beat 'em all.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 06-10-2005, 03:33 PM   #16
Astral
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Borodin@Aug 31 2005, 01:19 PM
Best RPG ever? That's remarkable praise. Could you offer some more concrete comparisons? How does it beat, for instance, Baldur's Gate II, or Morrowind, or Planescape: Torment, or Ultima VII, or Gothic II, etc? To be the best, you've got to beat 'em all.
All this games that you talking about are grate but for your age and time of graphics and CPU power. This is the first clue, the other is that i don't like morrowind more than i like Dark Queen of Krynn or Eye Of The Beholder !!!
Astral is offline                         Send a private message to Astral
Old 18-01-2006, 07:05 PM   #17
Adam

I'm also having problems with the MAKECHAR

It says "This program has attempted to directly access the hard disk, which cannot be supported."

Any idea what to do?

Old 01-04-2006, 10:50 PM   #18

A bug helps you to increase the power of your weapons:

Arm one of your characters with a magic weapon (e.g. Holy Sword) and use its magical powers during the following combats until it disapears. The weapon itself is now lost, but its damage-potential remains even though the character is now bare-handed. If you now arm hin with another weapon, its damage-potential is added to that of the disapeard weapon. Several repetitions possible.

Old 03-04-2006, 11:40 AM   #19
Saed

This is just one of the best games of my life
I played it about 10 years ago without any guides, FAQs, hints, maps - anything. I didn't even have a game manual nor a rune table! I solved all the riddles, answered all passwords, drew all maps, decrypted the rune alphabet (it was damn hard) and beat the game completely. It was a real challenge but it was really worth it.
Not like today's games which can be finished in 1-2 days even without using brain

Old 29-05-2006, 12:35 PM   #20
Helmut

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Adam @ Jan 18 2006, 07:05 PM) [snapback]198388[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I'm also having problems with the MAKECHAR

It says "This program has attempted to directly access the hard disk, which cannot be supported."

Any idea what to do?
[/b]
You have to boot your computer with different settings. Just create an appropriate bootdisk (http://www.abandonia.com/main.php?nav=bootdisk), leave it in the floppy and reboot your pc. You should end up with the dos-interface. Navigate to your amberstar folder (for example c:, cd games, cd amberstar - if you are unsure about the folder names type dir to see what you can access and how it is spelled) and start makechar.exe. Now you should be able to create your own character. Take the disk out of your floppy and reboot again to end up in windows as usual.