Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-08-2012, 12:26 PM   #1
Kpro
Lurker

Default Mouse Not Working In Fullscreen Mode

Hey. I’m using Windows 7 and D-Fend Reloaded trying to play Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers. I did read through the FAQ first. This is my first attempt at playing a game using DOSBox so I’m 0 for 1 on my success rate of not needing to use forums to troubleshoot. I hope to be above 0% one day.

Audio is fine. Graphics are fine. ALT + Enter works to toggle between fullscreen and windowed. Ctrl + F10 works to switch the mouse control between Windows and DOSBox.

The issue is that the mouse does not work on the game in fullscreen mode. It works fine on the game when not in fullscreen mode, but the window is 1/3 the size of my screen and how much fun is that. I have tried toggling mouse control `before` and `after` switching to fullscreen. No dice.

I have also gone into the DOSBox 0.74 configuration file and set window resolution from original to 1280x768 to get past needing a fix for fullscreen but the game still only starts in the original window resolution even though the file saves the 1280x768. I then found out that there was a separate configuration file that had been created for the game and changed the window resolution from original to 1280x768 but but still no change to the window size even though it saves the size in the conf file. I’ve also restarted my computer after making all adjustments I could think of. Still, no dice. I just tested using ScummVM on Beneath a Steel Sky and the mouse works fine on fullscreen, but the game I'm trying to play isn't compatible with ScummVM (I just tested a half dozen games now on D-Fend and the mouse doesn't work, or even show up, on any of them).

What do I need to do? Either to get the mouse to work in fullscreen mode or to have my changes to the configuration file work (I've tried all the resolutions listed, there is no change for any even though the conf file reflects the saved change). Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Last edited by Kpro; 16-08-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Kpro is offline                         Send a private message to Kpro
Old 16-08-2012, 07:32 PM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

First step in troubleshooting the problem: try it without using D-Fend.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman