Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #251
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Ein moment, bitte sehr!

Dear Kmonster,
may i understand You that using the lift i will avoid the theater with Rusted wall mechanism and broken Catapult?
Merci.

For my companion only:
Dear a(u)nd gnadige Sacred, i am moving up and down as beheaded chicken, having no idea what to do? Pls excuse me i am using your phrase about chicken but it is real brilliant.
Location: In/outside Mountain trying to find easy way to home Castle. YOU?
Old 27-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #252
Sacred_Path
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
:@SacredYou still do not inform me where are You?
I'm up the mountain, fighting the two giants. I only tried once yet. Maybe I really should go back to the castle to stock up on some resurrection potions and stuff. Any good hints against these giants? I don't think I want to grind much more to get another level.

Quote:
My Monk is normal. What is this word Bug?
Wait, wait why You not back to Castle but direct to Mountain?
You buy Vulcan Hammer?
bug = error in the code. I can't really explain why else my monk *tripled* his damage output after one level up.

BTW, I take it this game has very subtle level scaling?

No I haven't bought the vulcan hammer as I don't have a fighter specializing in mace&flail.
Sacred_Path is offline                         Send a private message to Sacred_Path
Old 27-02-2013, 05:05 PM   #253
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacred_Path View Post
I'm up the mountain, fighting the two giants. I only tried once yet. Maybe I really should go back to the castle to stock up on some resurrection potions and stuff. Any good hints against these giants? I don't think I want to grind much more to get another level.

bug = error in the code. I can't really explain why else my monk *tripled* his damage output after one level up.

BTW, I take it this game has very subtle level scaling?

No I haven't bought the vulcan hammer as I don't have a fighter specializing in mace&flail.
..Please would be so kind tell us noch ein Mal who who is in Yr characters and their present level, EXP and HP.
Giant, ordinary? I met Hill Giant and more and i think there are very ordinary and easy opps. The only case i was killed was when some strange pink duckweed attacked me. I think the solution in such a case is spell Air pocket.

To help You i present You full info bout my Monk:

Name: PACO
Battle place in the command:
second line, far right, think behind Priest TWILL
M-Faerie Monk lvl 10, EXP 387 K, HP 78, 2633 GP, CC 131/126 !!!
Armor class 6, Theosophy 74
ST16,IN13, PI15,Vi18,DE13,SPD17,PE16,Kar1
Haste15,Silence37,Blades22,Mental attack,Sleep,Bless and Sane mind=79 Heal wounds -24 MP.
>BO
>Anointed cloak
>Robes 2
>Sandals
+
Lt.heal
Rurabega3
Ice shield
Wine bottle
Wizard cone&ring
Giant sledge ( I have to goto Smitty to sell because my limit is 126 CC.)
Pls do not hesitate to ask me anything for my heroes.

Merci, Sie explain me what is this word Bug.

Last edited by yoga; 27-02-2013 at 05:11 PM.
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Old 27-02-2013, 05:45 PM   #254
Sacred_Path
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Giant, ordinary? I met Hill Giant and more and i think there are very ordinary and easy opps
No, named ones. I won't say more as it should be a surprise (and since you're fond of things German you WILL be surprised ).

BTW, two more questions for the experienced:

- If my character becomes an Alchemist (or Ranger, or Ninja), does that mean that they can then cast ALL their spells silenced? Even mage and priest spells? I suspect yes, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

- There seem to be many loopholes you can abuse to unbalance Wiz6 & 7. So for those looking for a better challenge, would you say it's doable to:

1) play Wiz 6/ 7 on normal or expert without reloads

2) play Wiz 6/ 7 against the clock (in-game time, not real time)

I suspect that the first, while tough, would result in you doing even more grinding to be on the safe side. The second probably isn't easy to keep track off, I don't think there's a display that shows in-game time?

BTW props to you yoga for playing on expert with only one save game. Have you beaten the game before?
Sacred_Path is offline                         Send a private message to Sacred_Path
Old 28-02-2013, 12:37 AM   #255
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Dear Kmonster, would be so kind please tell me when You played Wiz 7
(i still tremble when say this word) You bring some characters from Wiz 6 or not? Or maybe You started first Wiz 7 as Master Scatty did?
I played W7 first. It's not worth importing your party, the transfer has been implemented badly and the beginning is better if you start with a new party.
If you want to play unbalanced just use a cheat program instead of following exploit guides to get an easier W8 game.

Quote:
Dear Kmonster,
may i understand You that using the lift i will avoid the theater with Rusted wall mechanism and broken Catapult?
You have to use the catapult and the mechanism to progress with the game at some point. Don't hesitate using the mystery oil, quest items can only be used at one point in the game.

Quote:
M-Faerie Monk lvl 10, EXP 387 K, HP 78, 2633 GP, CC 131/126 !!!
Overloaded is very bad. You start getting combat penalties (to hit and armor) at 50 percent carrying capacity already and it gets worse and worse. Try to shuffle inventory so that everyone is below 67 percent of max carrying capacity if possible.

Quote:

- If my character becomes an Alchemist (or Ranger, or Ninja), does that mean that they can then cast ALL their spells silenced? Even mage and priest spells? I suspect yes, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

- There seem to be many loopholes you can abuse to unbalance Wiz6 & 7. So for those looking for a better challenge, would you say it's doable to:

I suspect that the first, while tough, would result in you doing even more grinding to be on the safe side. The second probably isn't easy to keep track off, I don't think there's a display that shows in-game time?
a)Your suspicion is correct

b1) Just grind until you are so high level that combat isn't difficult any more. Easy but boring.
b2) There are no real time elements in those games. You can count the keystrokes manually if you wish but that's not fun.
I'd rather sum up the real time spent on the game.

Last edited by kmonster; 28-02-2013 at 12:44 AM.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 28-02-2013, 01:02 AM   #256
Sacred_Path
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmonster View Post
a)Your suspicion is correct
fanx

Quote:
b1) Just grind until you are so high level that combat isn't difficult any more. Easy but boring.
As I suspected. But... grinding w/o reloads could be dangerous. For example, I've read about battle generators in Wiz7 who spawn, every now and then, a very dangerous reptilian enemy. Also that Brother Tshober's grinding ghost is said to be dangerous for a low-mid level group. Maybe on Expert difficulty? Or maybe playing on Easy (with fewer enemies and fewer XP but mandatory fights are still hard) could be a better challenge?

Quote:
b2) There are no real time elements in those games. You can count the keystrokes manually if you wish but that's not fun.
I gathered that time doesn't matter, I meant it purely as a personal challenge. Less resting (more fountains though, obviously), less time spent on grinding. Maybe the only way to ensure that you don't just get everyone to level 100 then steamroll the game.
The game does keep track of time, I've read that every keystroke and every mouse click that does something takes exactly one minute, and we know that resting takes 8 hours. There are also the candles in W7. A pity the info isn't displayed better though.

Quote:
I'd rather sum up the real time spent on the game.
Real time is bad at representing player skill though. If I sit there thinking for an hour about my chars, that's one hour in which I probably could have walked across the world and back.

Food for thought. And also purely hypothetical right now, as long as I'm getting pwned on normal difficulty My chars are a bit sucky, main problem I'd say is that the casters have low spell points. No way I'm starting over and go through that mine level again though, no way
Old 28-02-2013, 04:44 AM   #257
Sacred_Path
Forum hobbit

Ok, started over with a new party. That first party I ever made just didn't cut it/ wasn't interesting.

New party and their current/ long term route:

Dracon Fighter -> Lord: sword&shield -> 2x mace&flail

Felpurr Ninja: hands&feet -> 2x nunchaka

Faerie Thief <-> Bard: 2x wand&dagger

Rawulf Priest -> Monk: pole&staff

Elf Mage -> Ranger

Gnome Alchemist -> Psionic -> Bishop

As for challenge: the easiest/ most objective way is probably to try and beat the game with as low an overall level as possible instead of time spent. Reduces grinding just as well and can be more easily measured.

The "fighters take double damage" seems to be an issue in W7, where items have the "slay [Fighter]" property. Since I like starting with fighters I will test that in the future.
Old 28-02-2013, 07:28 AM   #258
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
No, named ones. I won't say more as it should be a surprise (and since you're fond of things German you WILL be surprised ).

BTW, two more questions for the experienced:

BTW props to you yoga for playing on expert with only one save game. Have you beaten the game before?

No, never played this game before.
The history of my W6 gaming is old. Because Your nice countryman helped me very kindly in the beginning of my gamer life in AB (simply he accepted my save file and told me - yoga you only carry the weapons not wear) i became dedicated follower of his games.
So after years of RPG gaming i decided to start the thorny road of Wizardry games.

...I carefully beobachtet in battle that my mage KMONSTR hits three times with Fireball spells. Strange but nice.

Let me tell about a terrible battle with Giant Wyrms. They were 4 groups (1 - 4, 2-5, 3-5 and 4-5) totally 4+3x5=19 pieces. This battle was the only one when i used 5 protective spells - 3 times Sleep, 1 time - Silence and Lute (actually it is not spell) of my Bard CAPO. Only my Mage KMONSTR was used to hit with Fireball (sorry Master). Well, second round was mainly protective also. Then the battle was piece of cake. The game is very gut balanced. Increasing of my levels is begleitet mit attacks of not single opp but groups of opps.
For me the strongest opps are these nasty Clouds. My solution is Air Pocket spell.

I like this game because it is not dependent of time (time limit as in FO1) and food (Dungeon Master 1&2).

Would be so kind You, both sons of Germany (sry Sacred, i duno your gender - i hope You are Adam?) to inform me what is location of Yr save files. Date and volume. We accept that game is installed on

C:\>Bane\

My big thanks for the info.

My game speed is gut;only some times the games freezes. Because i have big monitor (26 inches) i am using the reduced window for game and 2 maps around to track movements in these endless corridors. Gladly the maps are much better that these in Daggerfall.

OK, i will not care about characters transfer in W7. TY, dear Kmonster.

I was badly hit by Clouds and my bard was out of order long time. I tried Cure Paralyz, Poison, Cure lesser cnd, Sane mind, Bless, no result.
The image was face, crossed by red symbol of X.
Do You know this illness? Cured by Magic fountain.
Old 28-02-2013, 08:30 AM   #259
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Quote:
Big propaganda of Wiz 7, Master.
Well I only played Wizardry 7 so mostly rely on knowlegde from it However most things in Wizardry 6 work the same way (just less, as some spells for example aren't there yet like you wrote) so mostly it's safe to compare the both.

If you cast Conjuration at higher level, it should summon stronger (and more useful) monsters. Can't tell which since they're different from Wiz7.
There is Levitation spell in Wizardry 7, however you don't fly in the sky and view everything from above with it. You don't drown or lose stamina in water areas though, if I remember correctly, and falling down holes in dungeons or from high mountains doesn't hurt / kill party members (which it does without the spell). That's mostly it though, not really THAT useful in my opinion.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 28-02-2013, 09:24 AM   #260
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

But no doubt i will play Wiz 7, Dear Master!
Of course, i just only joking.

The dream of human beings to fly freely as bird is old as our race.
Thats why i like Arena more than Daggerfall, dear Japo!
Because i was able to fly in Arena, and after the "wise men" from Bethesda removed this nice option. Yes, Daggerfall is not bad game but these terrible maps and very easy opps, loose of dropped object are to much for me.

Now i need help!
Lost again!!
Mama mia, Caro Capo, whats a game.
Sadly, You play now NWN 2.

Because i am lazy hooligan, pls pay attention of my maps enclosed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fall problem.png
Views:	53
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	1712  Click image for larger version

Name:	brave in trouble.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	1713