Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau > Unverified
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-10-2011, 04:08 PM   #1
CMDRSweeper

Default Privat investigator like adventure game

Alright, the next game I need identified from my old childhood memories is also from around the Windows 95 era, and I seem to recall it as a DOS game (60% sure about that.)

However, you were playing a male, classic privat eye detective wearing a brown coat.
During this demo you gained access to a hotel room, belonging to somebody you were investigating.

As you search the room you find a gun (I seem to recall a sniper rifle in a case but not entirely sure, this is something I am just 30-40% sure about.)
At this point a PIP (Picture in Picture) pops up, showing your suspect entering the hotel and walking up to the room, here I remember that you had two choices.

One, was make a jump out the window and then the demo ended.
Two, you stayed in the room when he showed up and your character would try: "I can explain this." and the suspect would answer something along the lines of: "Yes, I understand" and would then shoot you and the game / demo would end there naturally.

Any takers to this title?

Last edited by CMDRSweeper; 01-10-2011 at 09:03 PM.
CMDRSweeper is offline                         Send a private message to CMDRSweeper
Old 01-10-2011, 07:58 PM   #2
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMDRSweeper View Post
Alright, the next game I need identified from my old childhood memories is also from around the Windows 95 era, and I seem to recall it as a DOS game (60% sure about that.)

However, you were playing a male, classic privat eye detective wearing a brown coat.
During this demo you gained access to a hotel room, belonging to somebody you were investigating.

As you search the room you find a gun (I seem to recall a sniper rifle in a case but not entirely sure, this is something I am just 30-40% sure about.)
At this point a PIP (Picture in Picture) pops up, showing your suspect entering the hotel and walking up to the room, here I remember that you had two choices.

One, was make a jump out the window and then the demo ended.
Two, you stayed in the room when he showed up and your character would try: "I can explain this." and the suspect would answer something along the lines of: "Yes, I understand" and would then shoot you and the game / demo would end there naturally.

Any takers to this title?
FMV or Cartoon graphics?
TotalAnarchy is offline                         Send a private message to TotalAnarchy
Old 01-10-2011, 08:00 PM   #3
CMDRSweeper

Cartoony I would say.
CMDRSweeper is offline                         Send a private message to CMDRSweeper
Old 01-10-2011, 08:28 PM   #4
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Then I'd say it's either a Tex Murphy game, Blade Runner, Discworld Noir or Jack Orlando.
TotalAnarchy is offline                         Send a private message to TotalAnarchy
Old 01-10-2011, 09:03 PM   #5
CMDRSweeper

Of those, Jack Orlando is the one that seems to fit the bill graphics wise the most... Sadly no hotel room screenshots, but anyways... I will try that game and play it again and see if any good old memories resurface :P
I do know it was set with a 30-40ish atmosphere.