Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-06-2006, 03:48 PM   #1
Purple Tentacle

Hi,

Does anybody know of any old or new spy/espionage games along the lines of games such as KGB or No One Lives Forever? I've really gotten back into the Spy/Espionage genre and I'm looking for some games to play. Some games that I played back in the day include:

Conspiracy/KGB
Covert Action
Metal Gear
Metal Gear Solid
No One Lives Forever
Operation Stealth

...And that's it! So, can anyone recommend anything?
Purple Tentacle is offline                         Send a private message to Purple Tentacle
Old 13-06-2006, 04:22 PM   #2
Japo
Autonomous human

In another thread about all genres it was discussed one so-called "Stealth". I don't know if that's what you're looking for. The search results are here.

This doesn't mean this thread shold be closed or anything, I guess. Everybody discuss spionage games here! I myself have only played Sid Meier's ( ) Covert Action.
Old 13-06-2006, 08:11 PM   #3
a1s
Hero Gamer

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Purple Tentacle @ Jun 13 2006, 06:48 PM) [snapback]236467[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Does anybody know of any old or new spy/espionage games along the lines of games such as KGB or No One Lives Forever? [/b]
that's an interesting question. KGB is an Adventure game (no, not action adventure like "flashback", but an actual adventure like "monkey island", allthough considerably more serious), while NOLfE is an FPS (albeit a one with enphasis on stealth).
Covert action is a collection of spy themed puzzles and I have no Idea what Operation sealth is.
so apart from having spies in them these games are completely different. If you are looking for sipes, there's lots of James Bond games out there, try one. if you're actualy looking for a sealth action (which is what more than half games on that list are) I have to admit incompetence- the only game I played of thsi genre was Hitman (which as far as I know is a great game).
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 21-06-2006, 08:35 AM   #4
U-Boat Commander David
Abandonia nerd

Oh, the Bloody Killer Hitman. I love these games! k:

But i think the Hitman games are a bit hard. Most of the time someome hears or sees me while killing someone, and then i have to go totally berserk and Shoot around like Crazy if i do not want to be killed.

But after 3-4 Tries i manage it to solve the mission "stealthy", most of the time. k:

U-Boat Commander David is offline                         Send a private message to U-Boat Commander David
Old 21-06-2006, 09:44 PM   #5
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Going a bit off topic: The fun thing about Hitman, IMO, is to figure out the guards' patrole routines, figure it out and strike at the right moment. It can be a heart stopper, but it makes the game vastly more fun.
Old 22-06-2006, 01:07 AM   #6
rabadi
New(bie) Kid on the Linux Users' Block

So far I have only been able to play Hitman 2: Silent Assassin. My computer is not good enough to play Hitman: Contratcs, much less Hitman: Blood Money (yeah, my computer upgrade is long overdue), whereas for the original Hitman I guess I read too many bad reviews that I am reluctant to play it. Anyway, I really, really like Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, it must be one of the best games I have ever played (not that I play too many ). My only wish is that I wish there are more than 7 save slots for easy setting. Yeah, I am one of those creep-saver who likes to save the game at anytime and anywhere. Well, to be fair 7 slots for easy setting is actually enough, but I also like to collect save game files, so the more the merrier for me.
rabadi is offline                         Send a private message to rabadi
Old 22-06-2006, 12:33 PM   #7
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

How about the new Metal Gear Solid games!? :P
They never get old!

Okay okay, some real reccomendations.

Thief series - Preferably the first two, the third one is good (Deadly Shadows), but it lost something, they aren't really spy games, but they do have that sneaking aspect. They're twice as tense as any other sneaking game anyways, since it's all from a first person perspective, and the areas are always drenched in darkness.

Hitman series - As long as it isn't the first game (sucked) or Contracts (mediocre) you'll do well with Hitman 2 or Blood Money, those don't blow. The AI in both of the games are terrible though (guards in Blood Money will chase after you, be running about four inches away from you, the instant you go inside a building, they completely forget about you, and walk away) so if you're looking for intelligent guards, that aren't physic, go play Thief or... Metal Gear Solid :P

Tenchu series - Japanese assassin game, it's really good, considered some of the best. Unfortunatly, all the good ones are on the original Playstation, and they're very, VERY, hard to find.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 06-08-2006, 11:58 PM   #8
IdaGno

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/spycr...ame/review.html

http://www.cdaccess.com/html/quick/003934.htm

Spycraft: The Great Game - CIA vs KGB - I've had this laying around here for years but have never installed it. Anyway, sounds like what you're looking for.
IdaGno is offline                         Send a private message to IdaGno
Old 08-08-2006, 06:16 PM   #9
Bacchos

Spycraft is a very nice game! Give it a try!
Bacchos is offline                         Send a private message to Bacchos
Old 08-08-2006, 09:45 PM   #10
GrimFang4
Forum hobbit

Send a message via ICQ to GrimFang4

Well, you have to try the original Syndicate.