Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-04-2005, 10:12 AM   #31
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Try v0.61

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 15-04-2005, 11:23 AM   #32
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by XCOM_Squaddie@Apr 12 2005, 12:49 AM
Err, yeah that's what I meant config.sys .. sorry I'm a bit frustrated. I'm using DOS under Windows 98 and it just says "No EMS driver found.. and then tells me to change NOEMS to RAM, and I got DOS box too because some games that I have trouble with actually work with that program but this just says the same thing on that too.

Oh and I tried doing what it says and still get nothing. Got the same problem with Wing Commander: Privateer as well
When playing the game in 98 you'll need to ad ram after the ems.exe command. At the moment your config.sys is set up for no ems. That is what NOEMS means. If you're worrying about messing up your config, save a copy of it before changing anything. Just cut and paste it into notepad. Then take out the noems command and add RAM.

Here's what I have in my config.sys:

DEVICE=C\WINDOWS\HIMEN.SYS
DOSHIGH,UMB
DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\386.EXE RAM
DEVICEHIGH=C: \BTCCDROM.SYS /D:OEMCD001
DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\SETVER.EXT
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 15-04-2005, 02:12 PM   #33
freestonew
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by wendymaree@Apr 9 2005, 11:54 AM
Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)
the Legacy.

hi all...

I got my Legacy - Realms Of Terror to work!

in win98se no less, in the windows dosbox even!!

1...I had a lot of memory, conventional, and xms...expanded...etc.

2...I first came up to the crash point, a place many people had crashed, where at the opening scene, the thunder locked the game.
why???
your soundcard must be able to do digital sounds!

3...something that mystified me, and no one seems to have written of this, that in the install dos hardware configuration screen, in win98 at least, one can NOT
configure the soundcard configuration tables using the keyboard, as in MOST dos game config screens!! the setting does not take!
what ya have to do....is to use the mouse to set the settings with! be sure to click on the list on the right side of the screen too, on the first soundcard screen.

3...i chose "soundblaster" as my soundcard, my computer has a creative 32awe!

now the game runs fine!!

by the way...
the http://www.the-underdogs.org has the small manual, and the http://www.abandonia.com
has the walkthrough.
[i post in both forums as the underdogs has the game too!

freestone
Old 08-05-2005, 10:53 PM   #34
hessekopp
Abandonia nerd

puha! when i read this all, i think iam happy to have an old scool machine by my side, just for old games.

new machines dont like these "real games". the new wanna have WINDOOOOooooooooows $$$$$$ :blink: :not_ok:

I love Dos games!!!!!!

may the luck be with you :Jesus:
hessekopp is offline                         Send a private message to hessekopp
Old 24-09-2005, 02:41 AM   #35
Iword

Hey, I've got a quick gameplay question. Are there maps available anywhere for this game? I'm trying to find how to get to the mausoleum, but I can't find a stairway or a dimensional portal that will get me there. Thanks!

Old 24-09-2005, 02:06 PM   #36
Reup
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Mmm... I haven't come across any yet
I was always planning on making them myself one day, but as with most of these things never actually got around to it... so sorry...
Reup is offline                         Send a private message to Reup
Old 24-09-2005, 05:20 PM   #37
IWord

Yeah, I've made my own maps of the first three levels and most of the basement, but I can't map the mausoleum because I can't find it! Guess I'll spend some more time wandering randomly around the astral plane trying to find a portal there.

Old 06-01-2006, 09:19 PM   #38
Godz

um, stupid question, but...

I see you suggest changing your VDM Sound settings....how do I do this? I have VDMS, but the way I use it is right clicking on the game from My Computer and choosing "run with VDM Sound", it doesnt let me edit any settings

Old 06-01-2006, 09:21 PM   #39
Godz

also if I run the game in DosBox, it crashes right after the Microprose logo....just goes away and nothing else happens.

Old 10-01-2006, 04:41 PM   #40
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

You need the sound card settings in DosBox AND the game's own setup to match _exactly_. Otherwise you'll experience what you have described.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman