Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-03-2016, 07:50 PM   #1
Ledona

Default Not a Game (Financial Program - Win 95?)

Kinda silly, but this is gonna bug the crap out of me unless I figure it out.

I was born in '93 and my dad owned a used car lot. Had a couple computers inside the office and they ran either Win 95 or 98.

I fondly remember a program, I think called "321Auto" or "123Auto," that I would always try to play because I thought it was a racing game. However, I think it was actually some kind of financing software. Here is a picture:

When I was 5 or 6 I was always getting in trouble for trying to "play" it.

Anyone know more about this?
Ledona is offline                         Send a private message to Ledona
Old 09-03-2016, 01:08 PM   #2
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Can it be somehow related to Lotus? Because Lotus 1-2-3 was common spreadsheet program before Excel came in power.
Old 11-03-2016, 02:06 PM   #3
Ledona

Yep, this has got to be it! (Must have mentally replaced the "Lotus" with "Auto" 'cause of the icon, used car lot, etc.) I can't find anything associating the program with the icon, but perhaps someone changed/customized the icon (I think you could do that on Windows 98, anyway).

Thanks for your help!

...Also, not related, but why the hell isn't Pinball a thing anymore? At the very least they could have "modernized" it and continued putting it in each new OS. Although I doubt I would've liked that, either. xD
Ledona is offline                         Send a private message to Ledona
Old 11-03-2016, 10:22 PM   #4
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Pinball was great when it was original, Maxis thing. This one. When MS obviously bought it and modified rules, they essentially broke them. Original is much easier, with it's extra shot after each successfull mission, slower ball and more smooth physics. Windows one feels quite crazy fast and random after original.

Also, right now pinball have some rebirth in Steam. There are quite a lot of them, and I am personally fond of Pinball FX2 - it's modular, with most tables sold separately, and quite good. Also, I believe, you can try game and every table for free.