Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-04-2006, 04:35 AM   #21
bobsmyuncle

I'm having trouble too. When installing under Dosbox, it asks for disk 2; there is none. When I just do it myself using windows and then run it under Dosbox, it does nothing. Am I missing a file?

I have fond memories of playing this when I was young, I'd really like to play it again and see if it's really as bad as you all say.

Old 09-04-2006, 04:48 PM   #22
Massacabre

I tried opening the game by itself, to no avail. So, I went and got DOSBox to run it. After about five minutes of figuring out how to run the program, I finally got LOV.bat to run. It loads the movies, lets me make a character, equip him, and save him, as well as go to the main menu. The problem is that when I start a new game, it gets stuck on the loading screen (the little hour glass inside the box). Anybody know how I get around this?

Then again, my computer is a P.O.S.

P.S. - Also, isn't the review a little partial? I mean, even in the beginning of the review, it showed bias. Shouldn't there be a review for it that shows the -good- points of the game as well as the bad? Because the game is fun (if and when you get it to work) and is certainly a classic, although barely heard of. Without Legends of Valour, we might not have such great games as the Elder Scrolls series.
Massacabre is offline                         Send a private message to Massacabre
Old 16-04-2006, 04:20 AM   #23

Yeah its prompting for disk 2 for install as well for me
Massacabre what did you do to get it to load up?
Lov.bat just exits Dosbox for me, even set DosBox to very unagressive settings

ah well

Old 30-04-2006, 07:24 PM   #24
steelcaress

I'd love to be able to install and play it. I've got the original, but never had a way to play it until now. I've got a manual, a map, all that fun stuff.

But like the previous posters, it asks me for disk 2. There must be some way in which to set up this game to run.

Old 17-06-2006, 03:48 PM   #25
coo_man2

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 27 2005, 12:01 PM) [snapback]173030[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
The game isn´t really bad. It´s one of the first games with real-time 3D-engine (Wolfenstein 3D is from 1993 too) and not with step-by-step moving like in other older RPGs.
In the review Mr. Miau wrote that the graphics are pixelated. Of course they´re pixelated because it´s a game from 1993. See other old 3D-games like Wolfenstein and Doom of this time.
[/b]
duude, havent you ever heared of ultima underworld? that game was also made in 1993, and it got a 5 rating and is in 3D, man. It has only 1 or 2 bugs as well. <_<

Old 10-09-2006, 01:49 PM   #26

i have a amiga 1200. amiga games were way better than pc games back then. i have to say this is better than eye of beholder, ishar, dungeon master 2 etc. i still play it today.

Old 02-10-2006, 05:36 AM   #27
Thumbs up

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dubz @ Oct 30 2005, 02:50 PM) [snapback]174420[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I played this game when I was young. I loved the game then and I still love it today. Sure, it is buggy and is nowhere close to par by todays standards. But this game was revolutionary during its time. There is actually a lot to do in this game and several quests. Also, there are huge undergound caverns much like the ones in Ultima Underworld. Anyways, this game is great. Love it and would reccommend it to anyone who loves old RPGs.
[/b]

I loved this game, too, and have been searching for a way to start playing at it again. I'm actually hoping someone can give me some advice - I downloaded from the link, but when I tried any of the exe files, all I got was a few seconds of black on my screen. Except that for some reason the title videos ran just fine. I'm running windows, on pretty much all the default settings. Is there something special I need to do to be able to run the game?

Old 02-10-2006, 02:28 PM   #28
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Is there something special I need to do to be able to run the game?[/b]
Yup, it's called DosBox.
You can download it here.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 02-10-2006, 02:53 PM   #29
chainsoar
Master Debater

I've still got this game, original floppy disks and all, in the big cardboard box. Why don't games comes in those fantastic boxes anymore? It's all DVD style cases these days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
You click on 'Download this game'.
chainsoar is offline                         Send a private message to chainsoar
Old 12-10-2006, 07:00 PM   #30
mtx
Lurker

I really LOVE this game. I also have oryginal box, map, floppy discs, manual and so on. It's one of the best games of that kind that I know. Thanks for Dosbox for it
mtx is offline                         Send a private message to mtx