Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-04-2007, 08:27 AM   #91
tcudney1
Lurker

This game (Sim Earth) is easy to run on DOSBox. The following instructions are to run the game, emulated within DOSBox, on a windows XP operating system.

1. Unzip the downloaded game files directly into a folder (which you add) on your C drive, such as “games”.
2. Add a second, empty folder on your C drive such as “temp”.
3. Open DOSBox. (Make sure the configuration file contains no special mounting instructions)
4. Type “mount a c:\games” and hit Enter
5. Type “mount c c:\temp” and hit Enter
6. Type “a:” and hit Enter
7. Type “setup” and hit Enter
8. Go through and follow the installation steps in DOSBox. “Install” the game files from the emulated A drive to the emulated C drive. This step is important because it creates and executable file in your “Temp” folder (on your real C drive).
9. Minimize DOSBox and copy the file “SIMEARTH” from your “temp” folder. Paste the file into your “games” folder.
10. Return to DOSBox. Simply type “simearth”. The Game should run.

Perhaps there is an easier way to get this game running in DOSBox, but I could not find a way to run the game file (because there wasn’t one!). I tried many techniques, to no avail. However, now the game is running just great.
tcudney1 is offline                         Send a private message to tcudney1
Old 23-04-2007, 01:25 PM   #92
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

There is an easier way - it involves using the [AUTOEXEC] part of Dosbox.conf to automate some commands.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 23-04-2007, 05:05 PM   #93

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Brutalis @ Apr 21 2007, 08:27 AM) [snapback]287802[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
This game (Sim Earth) is easy to run on DOSBox. The following instructions are to run the game, emulated within DOSBox, on a windows XP operating system.

1. Unzip the downloaded game files directly into a folder (which you add) on your C drive, such as “games”.
2. Add a second, empty folder on your C drive such as “temp”.
3. Open DOSBox. (Make sure the configuration file contains no special mounting instructions)
4. Type “mount a c:\games” and hit Enter
5. Type “mount c c:\temp” and hit Enter
6. Type “a:” and hit Enter
7. Type “setup” and hit Enter
8. Go through and follow the installation steps in DOSBox. “Install” the game files from the emulated A drive to the emulated C drive. This step is important because it creates and executable file in your “Temp” folder (on your real C drive).
9. Minimize DOSBox and copy the file “SIMEARTH” from your “temp” folder. Paste the file into your “games” folder.
10. Return to DOSBox. Simply type “simearth”. The Game should run.

Perhaps there is an easier way to get this game running in DOSBox, but I could not find a way to run the game file (because there wasn’t one!). I tried many techniques, to no avail. However, now the game is running just great.
[/b]
my comp doesnt recognize the command, mount, so how do i fix that?

Old 23-04-2007, 05:16 PM   #94
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

you need to type in mount in to dosbox (download it first), not in to pure commndline
Old 23-04-2007, 07:37 PM   #95

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_r.u.s.s. @ Apr 23 2007, 05:16 PM) [snapback]288169[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
you need to type in mount in to dosbox (download it first), not in to pure commndline
[/b]
thanks but now i ran into a problem where all the writing is in gibberish for english but not for german and french

Old 23-04-2007, 07:58 PM   #96

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Apr 23 2007, 07:37 PM) [snapback]288185[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_r.u.s.s. @ Apr 23 2007, 05:16 PM) [snapback]288169[/snapback]
Quote:
[/b]
thanks but now i ran into a problem where all the writing is in gibberish for english but not for german and french
[/b][/quote] oh also if u have it, can u copy the 2 english files that i need and email them 2 me cuz i think that can solve it

my email address is [BEEEP]@Yahoo.com

THNX!!!

Old 23-04-2007, 08:16 PM   #97
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

well dunno, i dont quite understand which 2 files you mean, but here i uploaded the 'installed' version=) http://www.sendspace.com/file/lq8gku
Old 23-04-2007, 08:51 PM   #98

didnt work and i was wondering, do u have probs with the language in the game?

Old 23-04-2007, 09:11 PM   #99
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

nope it works just fine for me, like french and german
Old 23-04-2007, 09:30 PM   #100

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_r.u.s.s. @ Apr 23 2007, 09:11 PM) [snapback]288207[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
nope it works just fine for me, like french and german
[/b]
well i fixed it so i guess i dont need any mor help but thanx