Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-04-2005, 05:53 PM   #11
The Levitating Nun
Game Wizzard

I really enjoyed this game however the levels with "put the stuff together" sections utterly lock up the game which is a shame. Perhaps there's a way to make it work better in dosbox?
The Levitating Nun is offline                         Send a private message to The Levitating Nun
Old 26-04-2005, 07:41 PM   #12
wormpaul
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to wormpaul Send a message via Yahoo to wormpaul

no one got an idea to solve the problems with the bugs???? :blink:
Old 30-04-2005, 10:26 PM   #13
The Levitating Nun
Game Wizzard

I managed to make it work on windows XP somehow, no problems or bugs at all. I'm running Service Pack 1 which might have something to do with it
The Levitating Nun is offline                         Send a private message to The Levitating Nun
Old 21-05-2005, 06:21 AM   #14

Hey i didnt know this game was on here, i have a disc of it that i played recently, fun game. k:

Old 20-07-2005, 10:20 PM   #15
Guest_guest

i remember this game from my childhood! loved it at the time! does anyone know if it works on XP?

thanks

Old 21-07-2005, 06:01 AM   #16
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Try running it in DOSBox. That should work according to the review.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 30-11-2005, 08:07 PM   #17

I remember playing this game years ago. It was awesome!! Thanks a ton for whoever uploaded it. Also, if you like this game, I would also highly recommend Teen Agent. Very good k:

Old 26-12-2005, 11:20 PM   #18

OMG!
I remember playing this game years ago, but I only had the demo... WOW! thanks so much!

This game and EcoQuest... I remember that! Before I found this site I kept thinking "I must be nuts. I've looked everywhere and haven't even found a reference to the game. I guess I must have invented it..."

Now if only I can find those weird books I read around the same point in my life...

Old 27-04-2006, 06:03 PM   #19
Arasan Nayamu

I have been looking for this game for years and no one has ever heard of it. The cruel thing is that I have the six or so 3.5 floppies that it originally came on in a box in the attic but the last floppy got utterly corrupted so I couldn't install it for 10 years at least. You guys have really made my day. I loved this game when I was little because it was so different than your average p&c adventure. It is literally full of fun historical and scientific information and it made it fun to learn about. Every room has plaques that you can read on your leisure to learn more about the particular exhibit and the puzzles themselves are pretty well thought out. I gotta say my favorite section is and always will be the Salem Witch Trials, because seeing the flabbergasted looks on those gaggling girl's faces is a riot when you make rainbows appear.

Restarting DOSBOX after finishing an exhibit isn't that big of a deal for me but it is odd and I would like to know why it gives me memory allocation errors. I'm a little worried about finishing the game, it might not let me transfer from the last exhibit to the final confrontation with the virus without going up in smoke but we'll see.

I'm finding so much stuff on your site that I used to own but doesn't work anymore and things that I've never heard of but definitely should have. But, I do recommend you get rid of the games pages that are protected or aren't fully complete. I'm not even sure why you have those on there. No one is going to pay $20 for something that should be abandonware and I personally can't stand playing an incomplete version of a game that is supposed to be a talkie or FMV version.

Old 27-07-2006, 10:11 AM   #20

Oh man. . its almost creepy how much can be remembered just from re-seeing a scene. .. like . . . well, every exhibit! And the music! Rocking. . althouhg it seems as if the sound effects are being a bit skimpy. . . I seem to remember hearing more walking and sounds and whatnot . .