Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-12-2009, 12:35 AM   #141
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

Rangers seem to get their level added to damage when fighting their special enemies. But those are very few of the DQoK monsters (mainly the ettins you can get as outside random encounter and the fire giants) and there are no hard battles with them.
Their spells are quite useful, they get mirror image and protection from fire which can be cast before combat.

The level 7 resurrection spell doesn't lower constitution IIRC, only the level 5 spell "raise dead" does.

An annoying thing about cleric/ranger is that the game often confuses the two classes and sets the XP back after training so you level up more slowly.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 24-12-2009, 05:51 AM   #142
JT-
Default Ty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Although it's probably too late for you this game, there is no point in going from Sword Knight to Rose Knight. Exact same spell progression with much less xp to reach if you are a Knight of the Sword.
Except that sword knights can't advance past level 18. It takes a lot of xp, but if you get that far you should switch.

ps: hi kmonster

Old 22-05-2010, 08:24 PM   #143
rachelthedemon

Default Installation issues

For the life of me, I can't get this thing to install so I can use something other than PC speaker.

I unzipped the .rar file into a subfolder in my C:\oldgames folder called DQK. I mount C:\oldgames as C in DOSBox

I have all of the floppy folders in a single separate folder. I mount that folder as A in DOSBox.

When I go to install, I get a "wrong disk!" error. I just want to get this thing installed and running. What am I doing wrong?
rachelthedemon is offline                         Send a private message to rachelthedemon
Old 23-05-2010, 02:54 AM   #144
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

well in case you missed the reply in troubleshooting http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/sho...097#post405097
Old 23-05-2010, 10:35 AM   #145
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
well in case you missed the reply in troubleshooting http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/sho...097#post405097
Idem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
First: delete what you have done till now, it's worthless anyway. Start over from scratch.
The game folder in the archive from AB is named DQOK.

***WHY someone thought it was needed to rename the original install dir to DQOK in stead of DQK is a mystery, one of the many here on AB, seems some peeps think they are creative .... and in their creative process they of course screw up things....***

Unzip the whole folder -(with the subfolders)- on your \oldgames\
Now rename DQOK to DQK

Run dosbox, mount your \oldgames\ as C:
do a
cd dqk

Run install now, it will work, you can choose something else then that horrific PC speaker sound, and the config will be correctly saved.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 01-01-2011, 03:50 AM   #146
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

Are the extras to this game missing or are the links broken?
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer
Old 01-01-2011, 05:45 AM   #147
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
Are the extras to this game missing or are the links broken?
They're broken it seems. Probably part of the ones uploaded in Kosta times.
Old 01-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #148
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy View Post
They're broken it seems. Probably part of the ones uploaded in Kosta times.
I think they may have pointed to replacementdocs. That is what the Death Knights of Krynn links do.
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer
Old 15-01-2011, 08:27 PM   #149
discollama
Default Importing games

Not sure if anyone checks this or not, but this game is different from CoK and DKK in getting characters / save games imported. Any suggestions? I have all three games in C:\Oldgames and mount C:\oldgames then cd DQK to run Dark Queen (ends up reading C:\DQK). I ran the install each time I loaded Dark Queen and set the Death Knights directory as C:\DKK\SAVE. I've tried copying over the character files in Windows from DKK to DQK and DQK\Save folders but they still don't read.

This was probably asked before, but I can't seem to find it. Your help is appreciated!

Old 04-03-2011, 02:47 PM   #150
MackTheKnifeSalesman
Angry Dual Class?

Can you dual class, or Human Change Class as it's sometimes called? I remember doing it in the PoR-CotAB-SotSB-PoD series, and I'm pretty sure it was in the Savage Frontier series, but I can't find the option anywhere in this game.