Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-12-2008, 10:26 PM   #71
verek_22
Licenced misery wizard

We need to stop fighting. We are not helping anybody by bickering between ourselves.
I refuse to choose a side in this war. I just want Abandonia to get back on its feet again. Just stop fighting, its not fixing anything. This problem needs to be sorted out properly.

And TheChosen is right . . . Christmas! Come on . . . :nuts:
verek_22 is offline                         Send a private message to verek_22
Old 16-12-2008, 11:29 PM   #72
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japofran View Post
"The passion for destruction is also a creative passion", said a psycopath called Bakunin, the prophet of anarchism.
Do you have any argument to call him psychopath???
If you have some time please read his essay on <strong>Free Associatons</strong> : http://www.freeebay.net/site/index.p...=122&Itemid=33
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano
Old 17-12-2008, 12:14 AM   #73
Dino
Call me Edmund

This will go on forever, right? Oh, well...

I really don't want to discuss this neverending issue anymore. However, I couldn't help but notice how a person who has been a member since May 2008 (for slower, Arete) takes her/himself the right to bash one of the senior members of this board and, without any doubt, one that contributed the most to the site (for even slower, that's Sebatianos). I'll quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by arete View Post
You've created Inferno. I hope it devours you. Slugs should be salted till they curl up and die. I feel like destroying you. Which goes against my every principle... But someone has to stand up to the beast. Someone has to look it in the eye. You should leave. No one wants you here. No one who knows you, anyway. And quite a few of us are finding out why, the hard way.
Even more, addressing one of the people closely involved with the very creation of the site as "kindergarten Croat with a forked tongue"? Now, come on.

I'll put it this way. Arete, neither you know the history of personal relations on the site nor you have the insight on how much have some of the senior members contributed to the community (being a member for only 7 months). Ergo, you have absolutely NO RIGHT to do that. For God's sake, do something for the site you love so much and for the people you think you know so much about. Contribute, be constructive, anything at all.

In my book... It's an F, sit down.

Note: This is not me taking sides. It's just my two cents. Sincere two cents, that is.

Last edited by Dino; 17-12-2008 at 12:22 AM.
Dino is offline                         Send a private message to Dino
Old 17-12-2008, 12:57 AM   #74
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

Dino, you're partly right, and so I believe an apology is due. I'm sorry I completely lost my temper again yesterday. But at the same time, you don't know the full story of what's been happening behind the scenes. I do only because of my involvement with Fifth. Suffice for it to say that I'd just found out our dear Sebatianos had entered Fifth's profile and read some of his pm's. He then had the effrontery to call Horseman a liar in chatbox to his face. In my book, that's a guy you simply don't shake hands with. The forked tongue meant I was tired of him saying hurtful things and acting as if he has the right to take this place over. I'm sorry if you feel I should be seen and not heard here, but I hate injustice and I *can't* shut up. I've even challenged the CEO of this company I work for on occasion, because he deserved it. Needless to say I never get Christmas bonuses, but neither do most of my colleagues.... I will not keep silent. I'm sorry I threw my toys out of the cot, but I've been under a lot of pressure lately. And Seb's latest action was the final straw. *grinds her teeth* See? I'm losing it again. Length of tenure doesn't give you the right to be a childish, disruptive, hurtful influence while lecturing everyone else on how they are control freaks. Nevertheless, I apologise for being offensive and calling Romano a fool. It seems he only thought he was doing what was best. The rest of it I could have delivered in a calmer tone of voice and with fewer insults, yes. But I meant every word otherwise. And I won't be intimidated just because I haven't been here long. I have as much right to an opinion as you or the guy who registered yesterday, so please, give me that courtesy.

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 17-12-2008, 02:50 AM   #75
Dino
Call me Edmund

No problem, Arete.

First things first. I don't know anything about someone being childish, reading each other PM's, going behind each other's back or whatever. That is because I grew tired of all this and lost interest in this whole issue. Thus, I don't really try hard to read through everything and to understand all that happened. It all became pointless long time ago. So, please understand that I actually don't want to know what happened behind the scenes. This whole thing is ridiculous, no matter who's wrong or right.

I believe every member of this board to have right to express his or hers opinion. In no way I meant to shut you up or minorize your rights as a short-term member. It's just that I wanted to point out huge (and I mean really huge) contributions that some of those people gave to the site and I wanted somehow to protect them. You know, some credit is due. Nevertheless, I guess I did it in quite clumsy way, so sorry about that.

Otherwise, continue expressing your opinions, challenging the authoritie, fight for your right and stick to your beliefs. That's the way it should be and, afterall, it's the way I like to do it. Hope there's no hard feelings.
Dino is offline                         Send a private message to Dino
Old 17-12-2008, 03:52 AM   #76
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Quote:
...of the senior members of this board and, without any doubt, one that contributed the most to the site (for even slower, that's Sebatianos)...
Sebastianos is like a Damocles sword. Nobody is ever going to remove from him the quantity of work he've put on this site. But remember this: he wasn't banned for a while for nothing either.

I refuse to place Sebastianos on the winning podium like you do. He deserve respect, but he sure don't deserve that.
Old 17-12-2008, 08:23 AM   #77
AlumiuN
Vodka-Induced Entertainment

There is certainly no doubt in my mind that Sebatianos has been important to this site. If the figures are correct, he has contributed by far the most to this site. However, I also believe there is a fine, almost indeterminable line between freedom of speech and hostility. That line, while not necessarily not by much, has been crossed recently and several times before by various users including the aforementioned. There is always a certain amount of juggling that has to be done between contributions and arguing for said users. Although apparently he's taken himself out of the loop, so...

Lies are for those who cannot handle the truth, but truth is for those who cannot handle the lies.
AlumiuN is offline                         Send a private message to AlumiuN
Old 17-12-2008, 08:27 AM   #78
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChosen View Post
Lets all put this behind and be friends again.
Word!

Does anybody realise that one of the youngest participants just said the best thing there is to say?
Old 17-12-2008, 08:29 AM   #79
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

This one is wise beyond his years. The Farce is strong in him.

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 17-12-2008, 08:48 AM   #80
Freyja
Forum hobbit

I have to agree with Dino...

Then there's one question I have, but I'm kind of afraid of asking it so I guess I'll wait a moment....

Freyja is NOT a terrorist
Freyja is offline                         Send a private message to Freyja