Old 25-05-2012, 01:45 AM   #21
MyVitalRemains
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Midget View Post
I suspect it will be something like

Press to fight.

Press to start/end dialogue.
I doubt that Bethesda will make the mistake of making the MMO console-oriented. Most people (at least I believe most people) wouldn't want to play one on a console for many reasons. I also heard that it will be in a third-person perspective (yuck ), which makes me want to ignore the game altogether.
MyVitalRemains is offline                         Send a private message to MyVitalRemains
Old 25-05-2012, 03:20 AM   #22
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Most MMOs are third person and Skyrim is third person too, you just have to hit a button.

The difficulty slider in Morrowind did not exist in the first release it only came out with the first expansion and patches related to that. So people who played it early or without patching it never got that option.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 25-05-2012, 04:51 AM   #23
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Plus looking in third person is the only proper way to play dress-up with your character.

....what?
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 25-05-2012, 05:09 AM   #24
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

As a person who plays MMOs this might sound like a joke to some people but a lot of MMO players love seeing how awesome their gear looks. I don't know if Beth will pull off an MMO from the Elder Scrolls, this would need to be done well and I doubt it will be a WoW killer even if it is done perfectly, before anyone jumps on that bandwagon.

But hey if it works it works, I will be keeping an eye on this closer to when it comes out. This is a risky move MMOs aren't the same as normal games, they come with a lot more problems. Server issues, balance, bugs and glitches, constant needing of patching. We will see how Beth works it all out.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 25-05-2012, 06:44 AM   #25
hunvagy
Thread Necromancer

Send a message via MSN to hunvagy

Or you just press tab in morrowind to look how your character looks. Anyway TES Online will be a straight up WoW Clone, which means it's going to be an insta fail. There's not enough originality in it to hold up against ToR, WoW, whatever.

Redguard is a pain to run, and even with the emulator, it's slow as molasses. Too bad, it's a fun little game, actually.

Battlespire is a straight up dungeon crawl, and quite annoying imo.

On a sidenote, 1.6 Skyrim patch is coming, and we will have *drumroll* mounted combat
Old 25-05-2012, 06:59 AM   #26
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

You got a source on that WoW Clone part? And clone of what part of WoW, the UI? The quests? The combat? If they went and copied WoWs combat they would have a hard time getting more then a few moves out of the games current playstyle. I would suspect it would be more an Age Of Conan style with a more action oriented combat and with a much more open leveling system. I just can't see Beth making a Warrior class and a Mage class.
Old 25-05-2012, 07:11 AM   #27
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

From what I gathered, this so called MMO is more like a Single-Player game with a multiplayer component. Therefore it should resemble LOTRO more.
Old 25-05-2012, 10:24 AM   #28
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

[quote=Japo;442709]@Yoga, I guessed dungeon maps may be your problem too. I have a bro tip for you: Recall. This is a spell that teleports you to a location previously set by you, for example the entrance of a dungeon. As you said the toughest part is finding the exit back, because the whole dungeon is drawn on the map; at the start it's easier to see where the map has unexplored ends (although it should be marked more clearly). So you cast recall at the entrance of the dungeon, then explore it, and when you're done with your objective and want to exit, no more bashing your head against the keyboard, just cast recall again and you're out!
Arena is very hard......

@Japo
Thank You for your good solution of Daggerfall dungeons - spell Recall. Because i will play it again.
Thank You for your answer conc. which is better game between A, D and Morrowind.
BTW Yesterday I started Morrowind. More in my threat.

Arena is very hard.???? I will politely disagree with You.

Do You ever meet generated from nothing non stop Minions of Dungeon master 2? No safe place, nowhere. Every moment the hero may suffer from attacking minions. I never meet such a hard game, believe me.

No, for the brave Arena is not Hard game...Piece of cake.
Do not forget Passwall.

TES is nice game saga. My ambition is till prepare for my game listing to play Morrowind also.

Hey, DarthHelmet86,
do You finish Skyrim?
Old 25-05-2012, 11:40 AM   #29
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

I have not beaten Skyrim yet, I have purposely avoid doing the main storyline. But have beaten most of the faction quest lines.
Old 25-05-2012, 04:52 PM   #30
Japo
Autonomous human

I understand Redguard is more like an adventure or action adventure, with 3rd person perspective like Tomb Raider. It has to be interesting, I wonder if the story is as good as other TES games.

If I ever played a MMORPG it would probably be this one. I like the TES world very much, and I dislike WOW's one. But I don't think I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunvagy View Post
On a sidenote, 1.6 Skyrim patch is coming, and we will have *drumroll* mounted combat
This just shows you the reason why these games fall short of their potential: they're released too soon, at alpha stage before they've had the time to add all the features in the design. But it's understandable, they have to make money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
Arena is very hard.???? I will politely disagree with You.
Well I found the Fortress of Ice very hard (and I'm playing a Nord), but the dungeons after that, including the Labyrinthion and the Elder Grove, are much easier!

What I have most problems with is enemies that use magic attacks, they do a lot of damage. But I do have a ring of Forcewall and the Necromancer's Amulet and the Ring of Phynaster (absorb spell, spell shield), so I'm prepared (but the protecting effects last for a limited time).

Quote:
Do You ever meet generated from nothing non stop Minions of Dungeon master 2? No safe place, nowhere. Every moment the hero may suffer from attacking minions. I never meet such a hard game, believe me.
Well that's exactly what happens in Arena. :P Enemies can spawn out of the blue at the point you were just stepping into, or the one you were at a tenth of a second ago. This was improved in Daggerfall, the game remembers what areas you have cleared out and it's more tactical. I like to rest by the stairs, so when enemies appear I can flee to the other floor and continue resting and so on.

I played Dungeon Master (1) a long ago and it was very good, even though I had to make my own maps. I didn't finish it. I think it's plain dungeon crawling what you seem to like best; Morrowind doesn't have a lot of it.