Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau > Abandonia Case Files
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-04-2013, 11:38 PM   #1
drw158

Question [RRS] Little Big Adventure

I hope that you find this a legitimate request. Please hear me out!

I am trying to find any information on a pack of games that I bought as a kid in the mid-to-late 90's at Sam's Club.

The pack of games came in a box of around 4 CDs and claimed to have over 200+ games (it was a legitimate purchase and it did not come free in a magazine or some kind of promotion). The pack actually consisted of mostly cheap games and demos with primitive 3D wireframe graphics (Ping Pong and something about battling tanks) and puzzle/card games. While those filled up most of the games, there were a few good ones that I would like to play or at least remember. I am pretty sure that they were DOS games. I ran them on my Win 95 computer I believe. After a lot of searching, I actually found two of the games included in the game pack, "Timeslaughter" and "Alien Rampage". I remember them quite clearly, but they were all demos. If they were good games, they were demos that tired to compel you to buy the game (the full game was not on the disk I think).

One game from the game pack that I would like to remember and find is a puzzle/adventure DOS (I think) game set in an isometric/overhead point of view with graphics similar to Diablo 1 (probably 256 color VGA). The only things I remember about game were the main character and the setting. I think the main character was a bald child that was middle eastern with a little ponytail on top of his head (similar to Poo from Earthbound). The main boy might have also had a sister or something. The setting was cool/blue colored in some kind of castle or temple I think. The setting was also very magical.

How could I find information on this demo game pack? I tried looking up the 2 games and their publishers I mentioned before to see if there was documentation about being in a pack of game demos, but I found nothing. Searching of "demo game packs" just yields a lot of info about the free demos you get with the PC gamer magazines.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Last edited by drw158; 13-04-2013 at 11:45 PM.
drw158 is offline                         Send a private message to drw158
Old 14-04-2013, 04:40 AM   #2
RRS
(Gaming) History Buff

Bald with ponytail you say?
...now with a girl.

Last edited by RRS; 14-04-2013 at 04:55 AM.
RRS is offline                         Send a private message to RRS
Old 14-04-2013, 07:37 AM   #3
drw158

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRS View Post
Wow! I am 99% sure that is the game I was looking for. Thank you!

Now if only I could get ahold of the list of games from the game bundle...If I really want to figure it out I will post it in another thread. This should be marked solved.
drw158 is offline                         Send a private message to drw158