Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-04-2006, 04:14 AM   #301
rlbell
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by unclefester@Apr 19 2006, 08:17 PM
Tell me...

When it comes to chicks, I'm cursed.
Unfortunately, I'm the best student in my class. Therefore all the good girls think I'm a nerd. But am really not. I work out much more than the majority of my classmates, but I guess that's not enough!!!

Okay, your milage may vary, and I certainly cannot attest to the reliabilty of this method-- I tried it exactly once, but it did work for me (it is now fourteen years and four children into our "And they lived happily ever after.").

If you are in a social situation where talking to a stranger is not unusual (in my case it was the office of the computer science club, and we always welcomed potential new members), and you see a new face that you find pleasant, introduce yourself and start a conversation. If you find yourself warming to the person, ask her out. The worst she will do is say no.

The purpose of dating is to find out if you love the other person, and want to form a commitment.

Do not try to steal someone else's girlfriend, as any girl you can steal is unlikely to be worth keeping, or unlikely to be kept.
rlbell is offline                         Send a private message to rlbell
Old 20-04-2006, 09:10 AM   #302
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

Gee rlbell, you might say good things every once in a while k:
That was so true, even I couldn'tve say it better! Dude, you grew a lot in my eyes...

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 20-04-2006, 10:04 AM   #303
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

Quote:
Originally posted by rlbell@Apr 20 2006, 05:14 AM
Do not try to steal someone else's girlfriend, as any girl you can steal is unlikely to be worth keeping, or unlikely to be kept.
Now that's a statement!
Really, really true... k:

This is sort of an "eye-opener" for many people.
If you steal someone else's partner it is mostly for "bed-reasons"... :whistle:

Great stuff man!
Old 20-04-2006, 12:58 PM   #304
Grinder
Funkpilz Inc.

Hear that, Playbahnosh? Don't think you did anything wrong. Like somebody else once said, that girl of yours seemed to have serious commitment issues. It's not your fault, Dude. k: . Just get over it. You'll be fine.
Grinder is offline                         Send a private message to Grinder
Old 22-04-2006, 04:25 AM   #305
rlbell
Game freak

New crap in my life:

A very dear friend (even if we do not talk as much as we used to) has gone and done something mind-bogglingly unwise, and even though it does not affect me personally, it still causes me no small amount of pain.

For reasons that I cannot fathom, she decided to "expand" her marriage to include a second man, as the "only" alternative would be to sneak behind her husband's back to have an affair with this second man, whom she also loves. Her husband and father of her two children, unless he goes for threesomes, gains nothing, and the only thing in it for him is that she does not leave, as he would be obligated to provide her with support, as her husband, if she did. The husband's situation is not one that I would wish on my worst enemy.

I can understand the problems of maintaining the promise to "exclude all others". They are called "Married, not dead" moments, when you meet highly desirable people after you have already found a special someone to spend your life with. My wife's youngest sister, if she chooses to employ proper posture, is well into the 'must beat them off with sticks' category of beauty. It would be simpler if I did not notice her figure, but I am married, not dead.

I am wrestling with how to explain to my friend what I think she has done wrong, because I really love her too much to stay silent (even if I now thank my lucky stars that I was never her boyfriend). I suppose I feel guilty, because there was a time when she would have asked my advice, so there is a nagging thought that I might have been able to prevent the situation from ever happening, but we each married other people and lived in different cities.

**sigh**

While there is life, there is hope
rlbell is offline                         Send a private message to rlbell
Old 22-04-2006, 08:15 AM   #306
Grinder
Funkpilz Inc.

What a character...who the heck would do something like that?
You gotta tell her...there's no way she can treat her husband like that.
Grinder is offline                         Send a private message to Grinder