Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Approved Requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-11-2009, 10:05 PM   #1
ChazFox

Default Chase Ace

I'm trying to remember the name of this game, but it's constantly evaded me. The details I can remember from it, though are:

-It was 2D, and played from a top-down perspective, on what looked like a brown metal playing field (Complete with zig-zag mech-like lines)

-It could be played two-player. The players in question flew triangular ships, player 1 was red, player 2 was blue. The aim of the game was to destroy the other player's ship first.

-There were designated recharge points on certain level layouts, you could return there to regain health.

-Depending on how you set up the game, mines would spawn all over the map, sometimes individually, sometimes in lines that could set off chain reactions if you shot one of the mines in the line.

-I'm pretty sure there was a level editor in there too, if you wanted to create your own battlefields.

Anyone able to help me out? It's been driving me nuts trying to remember the name of the game.

~Chaz
ChazFox is offline                         Send a private message to ChazFox
Old 08-11-2009, 08:55 AM   #2
zirkoni
Game Wizzzzzzard

Wings?

KOPS?
Old 08-11-2009, 01:40 PM   #3
ChazFox

Sorry, it's neither of those. KOPS seems a bit closer to the type of game I was thinking about, though. The only things are that I don't think it had selectable weapons, and no matter what arena you were in, it always had a brown background with "wire" effects running through it.

Hm... If I remember right, as well as setting the option of how many mines were around the place (and possibly how frequently they spawned), I'm fairly sure there were also "black holes" strewn around some arenas, that would pull players in and trap them there, requiring them to use their ship's boost to escape.

Like I said, I'm only going by details which I can remember, so I can't blame you if you're unable to find the game with what little information I provide.
Old 16-11-2009, 10:03 PM   #4
ChazFox

Aha! Finally managed to track it down. The game I was thinking about is called Chase Ace. There have been newer games since the original's release, but the very first game (The one I remember playing) is available as freeware from their site.

Brilliant stuff, you should check it out if you have the time.

~Chaz
Old 03-08-2010, 11:28 AM   #5
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Previously commercial, now [FREEWARE], thus [APPROVED] Download