Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #1
jfritzyb
Forum hobbit

Question

There was a game that I saw a friend play in the 90's on a Windows OS. It had VGA style graphics, the company that made it was Sierra or Lucasarts. It featured a wizard (at least I think he was a wizard) and I believe he wore a green coat. It was dark, stormy, and lightning outside and he was inside of a castle. He collected crystals while avoiding the flying bats and other creatures at each floor of the high quality, 2D, VGA castle. I don't remember what kind of music it was although the computer always had to be put in dos mode before you could play it (oh the good ol' days of switching from GUI to the command line prompt).

It was a puzzle solving, logic game I think with a top down view. No speaking I don't think.

At first, I thought it was Crystal Caves or Crystal Caverns but those weren't the titles albeit that was basically what the game was about...Crystal Castle? Crystal Mansion? I really don't know for sure.

I also seem to remember that each floor had a unique theme to it--one floor consisted of a lab of sorts for mixing potions, another floor was your workdesk, and the third floor was something else. I think that there was a shareware version of this game also. Some floors were entirely visible (ie your front desk area was right by the staircase and the window and you could see the rain and lightning flashing)

Last edited by RRS; 21-09-2013 at 06:43 PM.
jfritzyb is offline                         Send a private message to jfritzyb