Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-10-2005, 08:54 AM   #1
Decallahan

Thumbs up

I need help remembering the name of a game, that, as I wrote in the title, was a game that were downloaded as a client and played on WON.net (World Opponent Network).

Lets see what information I can remember and give .

It was a futuristic Side-scroller multi-player only game where you moved your characters movement with the arrow keys and aim with the mouse (Very much like the controls in the game called Abuse).

The theme is about huge corperations that battle for control of information, information is currency in the game. You are an agent ( wearing a black catsuit and night vision goggles ) working for one of these corperations and your aim of the game is to go to terminals, which is spread all over the level and download an amount of data from them and return it to your computer in your secret lair.

Collecting enough information will reveals where your opponent is hiding his secret lair which is your mission to destroy.

You start the level in a secret tech lair standing infront of a computer with a huge monitor. The computer is where you unload your downloaded data from the field and you get "money" in exchange to buy weapons and gagets also from the computer. In the room there is this computer and on the left of the screen was what looked like a door frame. Walking to the door frame and pressing up key, you would exit the lair and out into the world outside the lair which looks old rusty and fallen as if after a mass destructive world war, where you are to find the data terminals. The door frame is still visible out here so you can find your way back to your lair. Your door frame is invisible to your opponent until he has collect enough information to reveal it.

You can't see the entire map (unlike games like Jetpack and Lode runner) in one screen but rather run around only seeing as much as you would in an old platform game (Duke nukem 1 and 2 etc). In the buttom of the middle of the screen you have a scanner with a black background that shows dots to where the Terminals (think they were red dots) are and where the entrance to your lair is. I doesn't show the platforms located on the level.

Very much like a normal platform game you go from platform to platform, claiming ladders and using your jetpack to reach the terminals. All over the map are sentry robots (think there were 4-5 kinds) that patrol the platforms which only goal is to prevent you from obtaining the data from the terminals. When you have reached a terminal you Press the down key to download the data and a small bar shows up to show how much data is left in that terminal. Your transfer will be aborted if you move or get hit from a shot of your opponent or a sentry bot, but after a little gun fight and he or it is eliminated you can continue your download from where you left off. You can "carry" about 1? terminal of downloaded data before you must unload it at the lair computer. When you get eliminated or eliminate your opponent, you or he is teleported to the lair and given full health again. .

I remember there we several game modes. Data Collection, Death match, Capture the flag, in one on one or teamed up with other players.

I have had many great hours in that game and the memories from it will be in my heart forever. I just have no idea what the name of the game was or how to find out.

Hope some of you can help me remember , I means a lot to me :angel:.
Decallahan is offline                         Send a private message to Decallahan
Old 07-10-2005, 09:48 AM   #2
Timpsi
Hero Gamer

I think it's Silencer you mean.

EDIT: Mobygames: http://www.mobygames.com/game/silencer

Developer: http://www.mind-control.com/gameDetail.php?gameID=02
Old 07-10-2005, 10:08 AM   #3
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

Sounds like Tribes. Sierra uses WON.net in this. It's on AR.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:36 AM   #4
Decallahan

Quote:
Originally posted by Timpsi@Oct 7 2005, 09:48 AM
I think it's Silencer you mean.

EDIT: Mobygames: http://www.mobygames.com/game/silencer

Developer: http://www.mind-control.com/gameDetail.php?gameID=02
Unbeliveable .

That was the direct hit to sink the battleship :Brain:.

You have no idea how many sleepless nights I have had thinking about what it was called .

You are a life saver k:.

:tnx:
Decallahan is offline                         Send a private message to Decallahan