Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-12-2005, 12:40 PM   #71
Blank_box
Forum hobbit

I have visited the floor that have to move the rock (but still haven't pass it yet...). You must think carefully because you cannot redo the mistake by going up or down. I think that if you are wizard this maybe easier with Force bolt spell and Earth spell.

You can find this floor by going up another one stair up that would be on floor five or six... The one will lead back to where you came and this one will lead you to the special floor.

Since me and my friend upload this, we chat each other about how we are dead more than what we have achieved... :blink:
Blank_box is offline                         Send a private message to Blank_box
Old 15-12-2005, 02:43 PM   #72

Glorious Sokoban, with its teleport suppression field and boulders that won't roll diagonally. It has more than one level, and each is more difficult than the last, but if you manage to reach the treasure at the end you'll get either an amulet of reflection or a bag of holding. It's also a great place to stock up on food.

Old 16-12-2005, 03:20 AM   #73
Null

Hey, ppl.

NetHack is well known among the rogue-like style fans, yet it seems to be stuck on 3.4.3 since a long, long time. Anyhow, should you try ADOM:

http://www.adom.de/

and hack even more. It's really worth the visit. :Titan:

Oh! I almost forgot something for NetHack. It's a debug cheat (I didn't read all posts to see if it has been already posted here, sorry for any redundance) you will enjoy, if diggin' through the dungeons is simply not easy enough:
(Spoiler ahead!)
In command line (NetHack for DOS), instead of running 'nethack' with no arguments, try running 'nethack -d', that is, issue the '-d' (no quotes) argument. It actually stands for 'debug', I found that while peering on NH's source code. When the game begins, use the name 'wizard'. If everything's fine, you're now able to yield Ctrl+W to make wishes as well as a bunch of other type-and-use tricks. (I don't remember all the codes right now; do Ctrl+key and try'em all!) There's also a few # new commands if I do remember well.
That's it.

Cheers

Old 16-12-2005, 11:01 AM   #74
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Null@Dec 15 2005, 11:20 PM
Hey, ppl.

NetHack is well known among the rogue-like style fans, yet it seems to be stuck on 3.4.3 since a long, long time. Anyhow, should you try ADOM:

http://www.adom.de/

and hack even more. It's really worth the visit. :Titan:
Yep, hehe, we already know about ADOM, it's already here on this site. k:

http://www.abandonia.com/games/de/327/Anci...nsofMystery.htm
MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka
Old 16-12-2005, 11:51 AM   #75
Aristharus
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via MSN to Aristharus

Cool, good to know about the debug mode. In some earlier versions of Nethack (when I was some 10-12 years old) the "wizard-mode" with the wishing and other stuff worked with "Nethack -w" or "Nethack -wizard" but not anymore. It was fun to be able to wish anything. Rings of polymorph and polymorph control.. Wands of death and such.

Good to know you can still do it, but with the -d.

EDIT: No you can't. :angry:

The newest DOS version doesn't work on my comp and in the newest Windows version it doesn't work. Even though it is the Windows version you can make a .bat or run it from the command prompt and it runs with the -d or -X or something, I still can't get it to run in wizard mode. If anyone knows how to do it, please tell me.

And oh, I remembered incorrectly, the command back then was "Nethack -X /wizard".. The -X to get you to explorer mode (where you can't die), otherwise the wizard mode wouldn't start. That one doesn't work anymore. -X gets you to start in explore mode, but you still can't get to wizard mode. Damn.

YET ANOTHER EDIT:

Could I feel more stupid?

It works... it's a capital D.. "Nethack -D". I only tried "Nethack -d"
Old 16-12-2005, 06:15 PM   #76
Blank_box
Forum hobbit

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!! :Titan:

Anyone know how to dertroy the wizard of Yendor?

I'm very hopeless now. I just have tried the wizard mode then wish for true amulet of yendor. I try to go out but was brought to battle with him instead even now I'm not dead yet though (I wish for a 100 of bleesed potion of gain level). I have killed him 20 times but he raised again each time...

Oh please! Help! I just curious what will be waiting for me in the end... (I'm not aware of him at all!)
Blank_box is offline                         Send a private message to Blank_box
Old 16-12-2005, 07:49 PM   #77
Wael
Hero Gamer

honestly?
just feel the explorer mode is nothing but heresy...

so just saying that if you want, you can find it on google -
Wael is offline                         Send a private message to Wael
Old 16-12-2005, 10:54 PM   #78
Greymouse

Hey omg,

Just so you know, they've updated, so the link in your sig doesn't work anymore. You might want to point to just the general downloads section instead.

Mouse
Greymouse is offline                         Send a private message to Greymouse
Old 17-12-2005, 03:06 AM   #79
Null

Quote:
Originally posted by Aristharus@Dec 16 2005, 12:51 PM
Cool, good to know about the debug mode. In some earlier versions of Nethack (when I was some 10-12 years old) the "wizard-mode" with the wishing and other stuff worked with "Nethack -w" or "Nethack -wizard" but not anymore. It was fun to be able to wish anything. Rings of polymorph and polymorph control.. Wands of death and such.

Good to know you can still do it, but with the -d.

EDIT: No you can't. :angry:

The newest DOS version doesn't work on my comp and in the newest Windows version it doesn't work. Even though it is the Windows version you can make a .bat or run it from the command prompt and it runs with the -d or -X or something, I still can't get it to run in wizard mode. If anyone knows how to do it, please tell me.

And oh, I remembered incorrectly, the command back then was "Nethack -X /wizard".. The -X to get you to explorer mode (where you can't die), otherwise the wizard mode wouldn't start. That one doesn't work anymore. -X gets you to start in explore mode, but you still can't get to wizard mode. Damn.

YET ANOTHER EDIT:

Could I feel more stupid?

It works... it's a capital D.. "Nethack -D". I only tried "Nethack -d"
Yeah, I wasn't expecting NH to be case sensitive on its command-line arguments; anyway, that's it: the -D is the key.
Quote:
Yep, hehe, we already know about ADOM, it's already here on this site.
Oops! Ok, I didn't check that before adding. ;D

But seriously, these games are the most addictive, the most true 'roleplaying' expectative. Not that I consider myself experienced or acknowledged in this matter, but I can't think of any game (even these new state-of-the-art games of nowadays) that is as complex or as complete as NH, ADOM and such. This resembles to a long-lasting paradigm on the home-made game developer: many people have brilliant gaming ideas for a storyline/game structure/playing experience but they stop in mid-development when they're caught in lack of graphical resources. This so typical roguelike ASCII-output has been a solution to this problem, but with a side-effect: some people just won't like being an '@' and simply won't play a NetHack for this - one may consider dumb - reason, losing a much nicer experience and thus denying community support for the project.

What about, let's say, a REAL RPG MMO, or at least anything nearer to a 'true freedom of action', with respect to the current MMORPG fans ? Too hard to develop ? Not such a worthwhile effort allying graphical resources + roguelike gaming depth, at least for the sake of making a game as popular as it deserves to be ?

Cheers u all.

Old 17-12-2005, 06:27 AM   #80
Gamefreak

Quote:
Originally posted by Null@Dec 17 2005, 04:06 AM
What about, let's say, a REAL RPG MMO, or at least anything nearer to a 'true freedom of action', with respect to the current MMORPG fans ? Too hard to develop ? Not such a worthwhile effort allying graphical resources + roguelike gaming depth, at least for the sake of making a game as popular as it deserves to be ?

Cheers u all.
If such RPG would come out, it would probably be the most famous RPG ever made. But you will nowhere find anyone who will take on developing such game. It would take many years of work, and no company has so much money for it, and if it has, then no interest or ability to imagine.