Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-07-2011, 04:19 AM   #31
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Beregost

@Kmonster
Q: How did you defeat the infamous bounty hunter trying to kill your character at the Friendly Arms Inn entrance ?

A: Very strange. First 1-2 attempts he killed me at once.
But 3-th round my answer was not the same and no fight started. Then we entered the inn and when back, the opponent lied deadly on the ground!
Maybe my Good finished the bad.

@Twillight
Pls, do not worry. I will not change my leader. Just in very dangerous situations I want to change this one with Khalid in front, keeping my Twillight save.

@Japo
Maybe D@D is boring, but first time in my gamer life I met so colorful and bright RPG.

Probably YOU know Elder Scrolls - Arena and Daggerfall, Betrayer at Krondor, Menzoberanzan, Ravenloft saga, EOTB 1,2,3, Fallout 1,2 and Dungeon Master.
What a dark and timeless corridors!

BG and LBA2 (I did not played LBA1 because of stupid save system) are first colored RPG for me.
Hmmm.. LBA maybe are not RPG but Adventure games.
With all my respect to You I will politely disagree with your kind opinion. TY.

I have to develop my Magics abilities because the opponents became more and more strong and routine duels are dangerous for my still weak army.

Last moment location: Just entered Beregost.
Wow! The prices of the stuff are so high.....

yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Old 13-07-2011, 06:04 AM   #32
hunvagy
Thread Necromancer

Send a message via MSN to hunvagy

BG is built around one "optimal" party the devs made up, which would be Imoen, Khalid, Jaheira, Dynaheir and the barbarian guy, but it's too early to remember his name >.> Those are the good/neutral aligned ones that work well together, and since they are pairs, won't jump at each others throats. The others are interesting too, but vary in alignments, and that affects how they see your party. Xzar and Montaron are LE and NE respectively (at least I think) so no wonder that a True Neutral Harper Agent pisses them off. Not to mention that there are only two useful mages in the game, that can learn evocation spells, which sucks. Edwin is an asshole, and chances are you'll kill him anyway, and Dynaheir is a whiny bitch. That is the one part I hated about the game. Well that and pathfinding. Beregost is nice and very expensive, yes. But you be nice to them, and maybe they lower prices. Also there's a pretty funny character there you can pick up
Old 13-07-2011, 08:27 AM   #33
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunvagy View Post
BG is built around one "optimal" party the devs made up, which would be Imoen, Khalid, Jaheira, Dynaheir and the barbarian guy, but it's too early to remember his name >.> Those are the good/neutral aligned ones that work well together, and since they are pairs, won't jump at each others throats. The others are interesting too, but vary in alignments, and that affects how they see your party. Xzar and Montaron are LE and NE respectively (at least I think) so no wonder that a True Neutral Harper Agent pisses them off. Not to mention that there are only two useful mages in the game, that can learn evocation spells, which sucks. Edwin is an asshole, and chances are you'll kill him anyway, and Dynaheir is a whiny bitch. That is the one part I hated about the game. Well that and pathfinding. Beregost is nice and very expensive, yes. But you be nice to them, and maybe they lower prices. Also there's a pretty funny character there you can pick up
Dear Hunvagy,

You mean Kagain?

You, mates, are real experts of this saga.

You know all 'bout every characters (they are not 5-10, but many more in details) until brave yoga is an ordinary gamer, who colors his face with the war color, grabs the axe and voila.. forward to save again the world.

BTW, who or what is the final boss?
Semi-machine as FO1,
non identified form as Lord of Chaos,
or ugly one as FunFrock?

Q: I suspect that every killed monster(s) is(are) regenerated after new visit of the passed area?
True or False?

The music and graphic of the game are very nice..even the fog of war.

Q2: Can some expert (aka Master of this game) explains simply what is the role of Pressing button Space during the battle? What is gamer benefit of such action and why, if any?

TY for yr valuable time..

the brave leader of 4-men army, landing Beregost
Old 13-07-2011, 11:49 AM   #34
hunvagy
Thread Necromancer

Send a message via MSN to hunvagy

Not Kagain, but Minsc. You'll meet that one in a bit

Monsters only respawn in travel areas, afaik not in dungeons and locations like the Friendly Arms Inn.

Space is pause. You pause the game to assess how you are doing, to give orders and have some time to think. Also would recommend setting feedback in options, like enemy sighted autopause and such, so you have time to prepare for the skirmishes.
Old 13-07-2011, 04:35 PM   #35
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Monsters in certain dungeons also respawn.

The final boss is an UglyOne in BG1. And the non identified form as Lord of Chaos is actually YOU.

Pausing during battle has two major adventage:
- change target
- cast the right spell as soon as possible.
Just imagine in the middle of a chaotic mob-battle finding the right spell, aim it correctly... Especially later on (in BG2) where you can cast spells no time between each other (actually there you'll want to set the autopause option)!

Last edited by twillight; 13-07-2011 at 08:24 PM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 13-07-2011, 07:17 PM   #36
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking TY, Hungary

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
Monsters in certain dungeons also respawn.

The final boss is an UglyOne in BG1. And

Pausing during battle has two major adventage:
- change target
- cast the right spell as soon as possible.
Just imagine in the middle of a chaotic mob-battle finding the right spell, aim it correctly... Especially later on (in BG2) where you can cast spells no time between each other (actually there you'll want to set the autopause option)!
Pls, excuse me, but are all Hungarian so good gamers as YOU are? Thats why my leader is named Twillight.

Your prompt, sincere and competent advices are balsam for my tormented soul.
No, I am serious and very carefully read all advices and tips and even print for future reference.
In the Wilderness I was attacked from very though and numerous enemies, which for seconds make my party... flesh for the birds..and every time they were different?!!
(I did many attempts, trying to build my base strategy.) Well, here I have no care for food and water (DM) but opponents are so fast and merciless.

-- yoga, compare LBA2 and this game?
y. - Impossible. LBA2 is piece of cake. Only the very last final battle is let say ..a little big more difficult..But here I trembled every moment waiting fast attack from the bushes..The worst is that I have no healing spell or like to help my party members. So I am forced to use - Take the money and run - which is not my usual tactic.. Still.

Old 13-07-2011, 10:54 PM   #37
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

Most areas don't auto-respawn, even in the wilderness cleared areas stay clear usually.
But in some areas it's possible that the game respawns some monsters each time you reload your game in order to discourage you from using save/reload too often. So if managed to clear an outdoor area barely alive don't save far away from the exit and go to bed, move your party at least close to the map exit first.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 14-07-2011, 12:08 AM   #38
Japo
Autonomous human

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
@Japo
Maybe D@D is boring, but first time in my gamer life I met so colorful and bright RPG.

Probably YOU know Elder Scrolls - Arena and Daggerfall, Betrayer at Krondor, Menzoberanzan, Ravenloft saga, EOTB 1,2,3, Fallout 1,2 and Dungeon Master.
What a dark and timeless corridors!

BG and LBA2 (I did not played LBA1 because of stupid save system) are first colored RPG for me.
Hmmm.. LBA maybe are not RPG but Adventure games.
With all my respect to You I will politely disagree with your kind opinion. TY.
I said I didn't like D&D, not that there's anything wrong with Baldur's Gate specifically. Besides EOTB, Menzoberranzan and others are officially licensed D&D too. And most RPGamers like D&D, I'm not saying they're wrong, it's a matter of opinion, and I'm in the minority.

I think BG is very well made with one exception, and back in the time it was very good looking indeed. Those other games you mention are from earlier generations, of course they're graphically inferior. The exceptional fault of BG and its famous Infinity engine is of course pathfinding, I can't understand why they thought it was OK to release the game with that engine without solving that huge problem. It's bad enough outdoors and in cities, but it makes dungeon crawling a pain, and that's just incredible for D&D precisely.
Old 14-07-2011, 12:14 AM   #39
Capo
Unconventional member

Quote:
Xzar and Montaron?
:
I totally missed those guys

Quote:
Q2: Can some expert (aka Master of this game) explains simply what is the role of Pressing button Space during the battle? What is gamer benefit of such action and why, if any?
You cant play this game without using the space bar yoga.
Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Old 14-07-2011, 05:40 AM   #40
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Nice

@Japo
OK. Do not worry.
Different gamers - different tastes and opinions.
It is normal.

@Capo
Grazie, Caro Capo for advice.

Why, BTW, I always am the gamer who play games which are already played by You, mates?
Since 2005 there is no day without AB games for me?
..and always dear
Master Scatty, Kmonster, Capo, twillight, hunvagy, Wardencz, Dosraider and even the Great Paco helped me?
Sry, Ohne Mitleid also..

When yoga will be able to say:
--No, mate, You have to find this key and open that door?
Is my doom to be always student?
(Do not cry, poor yoga, very soon Heretic will became Abandonware and You will advice the novices.)

ha ha ha

Off.
Rats!! In this very moment a huge project arises!
How to work, when my brain works for BG only?
Oh! Even jolly beggar yoga is forced to do some projects for cup of rice.

Q: Pls, some healing spell and/or device? Or it is to early to acquire.