Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-07-2007, 10:23 PM   #1
snellbrand

So, I look around on the internet finding something to do while i'm not doing anything productive, or important... No, World Of Warcraft actually costs money, So i decide to download one of your RPG games (Moon Stone) and I start it up... Full black screen comes up, Then i hear the error sound. : O I go check and i get a messed up message:

I'm sure there is a forum topic already on this subject, But i'd like to discuss my problem, I've trolled around Google for over an hour just now trying to figure out how the hell to fix the problem...

So I've done everything, I cleaned my computer, I've removed ALL spyware and viruses! So let's see, I check and the autoexec is still there because everywhere it says that viruses delete the file... It's still there, And yet i still get the error, I've even tried Microsoft's solution... And it didn't work.. I REALLY NEED HELP.
snellbrand is offline                         Send a private message to snellbrand
Old 11-07-2007, 10:51 PM   #2

The game is basically too old for the new NT based windows. Get DOSBOX which basically emulates an MS-DOS system. There are tutorials on how to use it all over the forums. Good luck playing your game !

Old 11-07-2007, 10:52 PM   #3
Ioncannon
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via MSN to Ioncannon

QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 11 2007, 10:51 PM) [snapback]299015[/snapback]
Quote:
The game is basically too old for the new NT based windows. Get DOSBOX which basically emulates an MS-DOS system. There are tutorials on how to use it all over the forums. Good luck playing your game !
[/b]
oops didn't log in.
Ioncannon is offline                         Send a private message to Ioncannon
Old 11-07-2007, 11:00 PM   #4
snellbrand

Alright, I'll try it, I'll report my status in less than an hour.
snellbrand is offline                         Send a private message to snellbrand
Old 11-07-2007, 11:13 PM   #5
snellbrand

Well, Float my boat, It works, Thanks a bunch Ioncannon :P