Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau > Abandonia Case Files
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #11
MrFlibble
Abandonia Homie

No human units (infantry, drivers etc.) may mean this is a German game - violence against human/living beings is often removed by developers to avoid censorship.

I've noticed that you haven't specified if the game was real-time or turn-based, but since you mention a grid it's probably the latter.

Your description reminded me of the German Battle Isle series but that games take place on another planet, although there are both modern day type combat vehicles (tanks, helicopters) and robots in lieu of infantry.
Old 16-11-2012, 05:18 PM   #12
ghoststory

thanks for the replys guys.

i remembered the title just now. it was 'Mayday'
ghoststory is offline                         Send a private message to ghoststory
Old 16-11-2012, 06:14 PM   #13
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Lol, I was compiling an entire list of possible games: Robo Rumble, Outlive, Metal Fatigue, Dark Reign, Machines, Warzone 2100, Extreme Tactics, Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising...

Glad that you managed to find it.
Old 16-11-2012, 06:35 PM   #14
MrFlibble
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoststory View Post
it is an RTS
Whoops, somehow I missed that part.

Nice you remembered your game after all MobyGames doesn't have an entry about it, but here's a review with screenshots. BTW, my guess that it's from a German developer was correct
Old 16-11-2012, 06:40 PM   #15
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlibble View Post
Whoops, somehow I missed that part.

Nice you remembered your game after all MobyGames doesn't have an entry about it, but here's a review with screenshots. BTW, my guess that it's from a German developer was correct
There is an entry - sometimes the search engine can fail its designed task.
Old 17-11-2012, 01:12 PM   #16
MrFlibble
Abandonia Homie

Kind of weird, as I also used Google (which I trust more than internal search engines) and didn't notice a result for MobyGames. But I didn't look through all of them of course.

What is more strange that MobyGames does not bring up the suggestion when I type the incomplete title in the address bar. By contrast, a Russian gaming website called Absolute Games, which uses the same format for game page addresses as MobyGames, will get you directly to the game most relevant page if an incomplete title is give in the address bar (e.g. typing <site address>/games/warcraft will bring you to Warcraft: Orcs & Humans, /games/solar-winds gets you to Solar Winds: The Escape etc.).
Old 17-11-2012, 08:01 PM   #17
RRS
(Gaming) History Buff

Not to mention that Mayday's entry on Moby's desperately needs replacement. I'll bet it's one of those 10+year old entries noone would approve today.
RRS is offline                         Send a private message to RRS
Old 14-02-2013, 01:04 AM   #18
GuitarBoyPTG
Lurker

Default Try Metal Fatigue

Metal fatigue doesn't fully fullfill your request, however its really good... you should try it out.
GuitarBoyPTG is offline                         Send a private message to GuitarBoyPTG