Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Introductions, Farewells and Returns
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-02-2012, 12:12 AM   #1
GBAuraDOS

Default A New User Decided to Kick The Bucket

I sorta hate to say this, but not everything is meant to stay, and count me in as I decided to leave Abandonia.

Why? One small reason is because I screwed up recently. I made a new thread regarding the same question I wanted to ask but the threads merged again and I feared that I'm going to get a bit of a rap from people who run the forum and hate it when something goes wrong in the server. This is my fault since the first time, I didn't expect that to happen and the second time, while I tried to prevent this, the thread merged with the second one I made. I dunno, whenever you realize something is wrong, it hits you but in my case, I take this seriously as it makes me feel that not only I learned what is wrong, I start to punish myself mentally by letting that action haunt me.

Another reason why is because I joined the site to look for the games from my childhood, that's it. In my POV, when you join something, you take it for granted as you like to use the site whenever you got time. If something doesn't interest you, you just leave it behind and never look back as you leave evidence behind. I don't really want to say this, but Abandonia doesn't really interest me all that much. I just came here to look for those games, and nothing more. Since I'm a FireFox user, the glitches that I experienced sorta made me feel impatient with the site, though it is not its fault. I know that things don't need to appeal to you if it doesn't catch your attention but I sorta let it bother me.

I'm not a person who is going to force my thoughts into your faces and for all it's worth, Abandonia is a very good place as it is really dedicated to PC gamers, it's just it doesn't interest me since I came for this one thing, that's it. I'm still around on Youtube and such, so it's not like I'm leaving the net for good, it's just I want to let you know that I'm leaving Abandonia.

Before I go, I'm going to say that I really appreciate the kindness and the help you guys gave me during my time on this site, and I'm still looking for the games in other places. I didn't mean to disturb anyone on this forum, but for one thing, I thank you guys for the generosity you gave me during my time on this site.

-GBAura
GBAuraDOS is offline                         Send a private message to GBAuraDOS
Old 29-02-2012, 06:03 PM   #2
Tracker
Home Sweet Abandonia

Farewell, friend. If only the people who did actual "damage" to the site were this sophisticated we would be somewhere further... Glad we had you among us.

Reverend Preacherbot: Wretched sinner unit! The path to Robot Heaven lies here, in the Good Book 3.0.
Bender: Hey. Do I preach at you when you're lying stoned in the gutter? No!
Tracker is offline                         Send a private message to Tracker
Old 29-02-2012, 06:37 PM   #3
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Hi GBAura, I think I may have helped solve a login problem for you via our facebook site - I'd like you to know that there is absolutely no issue with anybody on staff with you, it was most likely just our moderation staff doing their thing keeping the forums ordered and clean. Nobody has any problem with you, and you are always welcome here

See you around the internet, and hopefully here again sometime!
Old 01-03-2012, 11:31 AM   #4
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

^What Lulu said.

Don't take things so seriously GBAura, in case you change your mind you are welcome here

Regarding the account problems you had if you feel the need to change the nickname just ask.