Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-07-2010, 04:51 PM   #11
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
i'd move somewhere where people aren't stuffed in big cities and there's no country side. i love country side and nature. but it would of course have to be financially positive and democratic country too

also, it'd have to be somewhere where they are not douche bags about internet and copyright laws if you know what i mean

what country is this?
You basically just described Canada, SPECIALLY western Canada.

In Manitoba for example, we have 1.2 million people in the province (which is the size of like, Iraq basically) and over 600,000 of those people are in Winnipeg, the city, and the rest are in smaller cities like Brandon, Thompson, The Pas, flin flon, and dauhpin, and the REST are in rural communities which make up the 5 hours of travel it takes to get through the province. All you see are lightly rolling landscapes for miles to come, unless your in the middle of Manitoba or further north, in which case its non stop bush and forest!

UN TAINED WILDERNESS FTW.

Or if your by Banff in alberta/BC and you go up the Gondola and stair out over the valley, theres a big U or V shaped valley inbetween two mountains, and a river going through them (its calle dthe Spray Creek Hike) i believe and it's super pretty

If I was to move to another country, I'd wanna go to maybe Switzerland cause I love mountains, australia would be cool but it's hot, and Ireland would probably be neat, and i most likely have family there too.

DUN duuuunnnn dudududududun SPLOOSH duuunnnnn

We ate the horse.
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb
Old 04-07-2010, 09:31 PM   #12
Bejelith
Forum hobbit

Send a message via Yahoo to Bejelith

Indeed, untainted wilderness is something worth looking for.
What about far-eastern Siberia then?
Honestly now, apart from facing complete isolation and extreme weather, how is it up there? Just like the rest of Russia? Worse? Better?

I'd like to move either to Orkney or the Shetlands. Both calm places, mild weather, beautiful nature, and nice beaches at arm's lenght.
Bejelith is offline                         Send a private message to Bejelith
Old 04-07-2010, 11:38 PM   #13
arlesya
world wanderer

It's hard to say. I've lived in 4 different countries already - my own, Brazil; Germany, the U.S and Japan. The three foreign ones were in special conditions, meaning in two I had a full student scholarship helping me. I'd say I would basically live anywhere that is not at war and where I could find a good job in my area of work. I really don't mind language at all, I enjoy a lot learning new languages.
I liked this topic since I was just thinking about leaving again. I was wondering where to. However, the problem is money and a job. It's very hard for me to find work in another country, specially in the filmmaking field. I probably would have to wait to have more experience and more conections.

I felt really well in New York and in Japan. I was very happy in Germany too, but I think I'd really like to live in East Asia again. But I would go anywhere...
Old 10-07-2010, 07:04 AM   #14
Himmler
Trollmaster General

I think I would move to romania!
on a serious note, I don't know where to go yet, but the road awaits my buttocks. what I know is that I couldn't get used to a country with "nice people" like france or something like that, cause I would be considered a punk there. I love to break the law, especially in trafic, race with ugly looking guys with fast cars(i have a bike btw) or cross the street although it's red with a cop next to me. I also love to swear in public about all kinds of things, associate everything with my "daily dump" and make people choke on my pipe tobacco in restaurants.
language barrier does not exist for I know a bit of french(studied for like 10 years but never learned it cause I had no interest), pretty good with english(although much of it spoken) and every other language on this earth is not hard to learn.
awaiting suggestions
Himmler is offline                         Send a private message to Himmler
Old 10-07-2010, 09:23 PM   #15
Silver Duran
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via MSN to Silver Duran Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Duran

anywhere but america, i rather hate it here and i want out lol
but if i were to choose, prolly Germany, Canada, Ireland, or anywhere nice a chilled, cause i hate the heat
Silver Duran is offline                         Send a private message to Silver Duran
Old 10-07-2010, 11:46 PM   #16
ianfreddie07
wat

The heat is worse in the Philippines. Trust me.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:56 PM   #17
Silver Duran
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via MSN to Silver Duran Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Duran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianfreddie07 View Post
The heat is worse in the Philippines. Trust me.
lol, i can imagine!
but anything above 85 is way too hot in my books lol
Old 11-07-2010, 07:06 AM   #18
Himmler
Trollmaster General

oh yeah, forgot to mention i would probably never move to or visit america because i'm all against columbus
Himmler is offline                         Send a private message to Himmler