Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-08-2013, 01:17 AM   #11
Brodie_Bumshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
Some of your description also sounds a bit like Excelsior.
again, graphics are a bit too old for what I'm talking about.
Brodie_Bumshine is offline                         Send a private message to Brodie_Bumshine
Old 04-08-2013, 01:21 AM   #12
Brodie_Bumshine

from what I remember, combat was pretty similar to ToME, if that helps.
Brodie_Bumshine is offline                         Send a private message to Brodie_Bumshine
Old 04-08-2013, 07:02 AM   #13
Megaten
Abandonia nerd

I was thinking, and thinking, and thinking.....and then I made a recap post of what you've said so far, but this computer locked up and I lost it and it's too late at night to type it up again.

But I was thinking about what you said about the cave being a continuous part of the overworld, but the game still being multi-scale. I was thinking that after checking a long-shot guess...

DBQuest has a rather unfortunate distinction - it's the only released full game created with the DCGames CRPG construction kit. As you can see, it was made in an earlier version of the engine.

The thing is, upon starting the game, you can head a screen or so east to find a castle, which (like the house you start by) takes you to a separate map. But to the north-west of the castle, there is a specially-tiled path through the mountain range which passes into a desert. And there is a high likelihood that, while attempting to access the desert, you will be attacked by goblins - who are sufficiently powerful to thwart the attempts of poorly equipped heroes controlled by young children.

I'm not saying this is the game for sure - it's a shot in the dark, really. But as I was revisiting the game, the path through the mountain strongly reminded me of your description of the theoretical orc cave.
Megaten is offline                         Send a private message to Megaten
Old 05-08-2013, 01:32 PM   #14
MrFlibble
Abandonia Homie

Dunno if this is what the OP was looking for, but the game looks pretty nice, thanks for mentioning it!
Old 06-08-2013, 09:17 PM   #15
Brodie_Bumshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlibble View Post
Dunno if this is what the OP was looking for, but the game looks pretty nice, thanks for mentioning it!
He's right, it isn't exactly what I was looking for, but DAMN close! Only thing missing seems to be updated graphics. Thank you, megaten!
Old 07-08-2013, 12:50 AM   #16
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Hummm... That reminds me mightily of Ultima IV!
Old 07-08-2013, 04:43 AM   #17
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

It was starting message. "Similar to earlier Ultimas".
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 07-08-2013, 12:31 PM   #18
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Just to make sure, it's not WarWizard 2, is it? Here's the only screenshot that can be found for it on the net, but you can download a demo version here (scroll down a bit) to check if it's not what you're looking for.
Best open the second link on something other than Firefox, it doesn't display entirely correct in it.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 08-08-2013, 11:23 PM   #19
MrFlibble
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Just to make sure, it's not WarWizard 2, is it? Here's the only screenshot that can be found for it on the net, but you can download a demo version here (scroll down a bit) to check if it's not what you're looking for.
Cool, I didn't even know there was a sequel to WarWizard Thanks for bringing this up!
Old 09-08-2013, 04:12 AM   #20
Brodie_Bumshine

Quote:
Best open the second link on something other than Firefox, it doesn't display entirely correct in it.
Sadly, no, but that game DOES look awesome. Thank you!