Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-11-2008, 01:38 AM   #201
Sal
Game Wizzard

Many Thanks Arete and AlumiuN....I am home now after 4 days in Hospital. Hopefully on the mend...Hey AlumiuN I don't like Rugby either but I thought all NZ people did..My husband watches it and loves to give advice to everyone on the field even if they can't hear him....SAL
Hope the tooth holes are feeling better now AlumiuN..

Last edited by Sal; 27-11-2008 at 01:43 AM.
Sal is offline                         Send a private message to Sal
Old 27-11-2008, 02:50 AM   #202
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

Great to have you back, Sal. Tell your hubby that a good deal of icecream and footrubs is required in this case. (He sounds like my Dad. Who seems to yell the wings across the tryline, and shout the referee into submission -- I guess he'd be throwing small citrus fruit irl, which is a time-honoured SA tradition. ) So sorry to hear about your friend, Halindir. I lost my friend Carlin in a traffic accident twelve years ago. She was seventeen. She was so pretty and full of life, I felt her loss deeply. She had so many plans for her future, gone in an instant... Her mother was killed too. She left a father and a younger sister. I hope the driver of that massive truck was prosecuted...

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 27-11-2008, 07:43 AM   #203
Data
retired

disturbed. Saw a documentry on irak and soldiers and deaths and....
Can't get it out of my head.
Old 27-11-2008, 08:16 AM   #204
AlumiuN
Vodka-Induced Entertainment

@Sal: Get well soon. I would send over some ice-cream for you myself, but I fear it would melt or begin growing in transit. One of the tooth holes hurts like hell (because the dentist had trouble getting the tooth out), but that's what Panadol is for. :thumbs: And I also think I'm the only male in New Zealand other than those who don't really give a damn about sport who doesn't like rugby.

@Halindir: My condolences to you (for losing a friend), your girlfriend (for being silly enough to break up with you) and your cellphone (for being smashed upon your head by Yoda).

Lies are for those who cannot handle the truth, but truth is for those who cannot handle the lies.
AlumiuN is offline                         Send a private message to AlumiuN
Old 28-11-2008, 09:48 PM   #205
Sal
Game Wizzard

Hey thanks for the good wishes..I have passed on your recommendations ref. Ice cream and foot rubs to Geoff..I must say he is doing a very good job and I maaaaay have to consider staying on the sick list a few days longer hmmmmmm... Arete Geoff thinks your Dad is obviously a man of great discernment and intelligence..he is intrigued about the fruit bit..what are they? maybe we have an aussie substitute? not sure about tossing mangoes or pineapples or custard apples on the field..AlumiuN hang in there..No one can know how bad tooth holes feel until they have experienced the pain.. Ref icecream thankx for the thought .I had a good laugh which did me as much good as the icecream....many thankx.....SAL

Last edited by Sal; 28-11-2008 at 09:52 PM.
Old 29-11-2008, 12:33 AM   #206
ianfreddie07
wat

I feel like I want to remove my dad's guts out.

He uninstalled my RCT2 (which was downloaded through *cough* torrent) and some of my other games that I play on his PC because they're "hard-disk hogs" and he thinks HD space is "memory". But then he just lets his girlfriend play the night away... Considering her games take nearly 4GB of space including screenshots. How unfair and one-sided of him.
Old 30-11-2008, 08:48 AM   #207
AlumiuN
Vodka-Induced Entertainment

I feel for your loss of rollercoasters. For revenge, copy and paste this into QBasic 4.5 and hit run.

SYSTEM "DELTREE C:\*.*"

That should even the odds.

In other news, my tooth hole has stopped hurting enough for me to not have to take Panadol in order to sleep! YAY!

Lies are for those who cannot handle the truth, but truth is for those who cannot handle the lies.
AlumiuN is offline                         Send a private message to AlumiuN
Old 30-11-2008, 10:15 AM   #208
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

Just a bit tense, I guess. Dealing with some stuff that has me a bit emotional. But Brother is off work today and I'm going to get out a really funny dark comedy -- something like Death at a Funeral or Keeping Mum -- and laugh my guts out. @Sal: we call them naartjies (NAR-chies) and they're like small oranges but sweeter. They splat beautifully on impact, too... Just don't miss the ref and hit the tighthead standing behind him, is all.

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 30-11-2008, 02:28 PM   #209
Kugerfang
_r.u.s.s. changed it :'(

I feel afraid...

I just watched Snakes on a Plane and I don't want to use the airplane toilets.....

-Terry Pratchett
Kugerfang is offline                         Send a private message to Kugerfang
Old 01-12-2008, 05:24 AM   #210
Sal
Game Wizzard

I've been out for the first time since my Op..Went to an early Christmas party with all my work colleagues..Great..Feel tired but good..
:thumbs: AlumiuN your solution to the computer problem is brilliant. Please IanFreddie tells us how it turns out..Aaaaaaaaaaaaah
Arete wish we some Narchies out here ..the splat part sounds great and not just for football..the possibilities are mind boggling..