Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-03-2005, 07:36 PM   #1
FlightorFight

Some people I've been talking to at school recently just got me thinking about vegetarianism.

I don't think it's smart, myself. It's too hard to get all your proteins without meat. And I just love meat too much!

Just curious what you guys think of it. I also know some vegans, which I think is absurd. I couldn't do it, and I don't think it's very healthy.
FlightorFight is offline                         Send a private message to FlightorFight
Old 06-03-2005, 07:39 PM   #2
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Well,if you like vegetables... :blink:
Variants of vegetarianism:You can eat also fish,and/or chicken...
Infact vegetariasm isnt that healthy as many people think,becouse human body simply NEED meat.
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 06-03-2005, 07:41 PM   #3
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

I love meat. Meat is wonderful. It tastes great, it's good for you, and to quote one of the favorite bumper stickers I saw, "If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?" :bleh:

Although I do not support the way most meat is slaughtered, (especially after having read Fast Food Nation) I figure the meat is already dead, and me not eating it is not going to save another cow that's already been born for the soul purpose to be a steak.
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 06-03-2005, 07:42 PM   #4
FlightorFight

Right. Look at our teeth. They're meant for mashing and tearing meat. And we also need veggies, too!
FlightorFight is offline                         Send a private message to FlightorFight
Old 06-03-2005, 07:46 PM   #5
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

I once met a person who refused to eat vegetables and fruit unless she raised them herself, because she said the ones bought in the store were murdered. Apparently, she won't eat the fruit unless it has fallen off of the branch, therefore "dying of natural causes." She also told me there are a lot of people like her. I wonder if they starve to death during a bad crop season...(oh I'm going straight to Hell) k:

Edit: But to other people, this just looks crazy and stupid, as does Vegetarianism to a lot of people. I have no problem with vegetarians, I actually like a lot of their food, but I don't like it when they give me a hard time because I'm enjoying my Filet Mignon
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 06-03-2005, 07:47 PM   #6
FlightorFight

Quote:
I once met a person who refused to eat vegetables and fruit unless she raised them herself, because she said the ones bought in the store were murdered. Apparently, she won't eat the fruit unless it has fallen off of the branch, therefore "dying of natural causes." She also told me there are a lot of people like her. I wonder if they starve to death during a bad crop season...(oh I'm going straight to Hell)*
LOL LOL LOL
Old 06-03-2005, 07:52 PM   #7
Fawfulhasfury
Home Sweet Abandonia

No way I'm giving up meat man.
Fawfulhasfury is offline                         Send a private message to Fawfulhasfury
Old 06-03-2005, 07:52 PM   #8
FlightorFight

That's another thing. I really dislike when a vegetarian gets on my case about eating meat. It's their choice not to, that's why the majority of people eat meat... :whistle:

But then they start shoving statistics and stuff at you, about what kind of torture animals go through, and animal rights, and I just want to eat some steak LOL
Old 06-03-2005, 07:53 PM   #9
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Personally I think not eating meat is against human nature, humans need meat.
However there were times that I felt that eating a dead animal was kind of weird, but I shrugged it off as easily as it came. I simply love meat too much to give it up. However I wouldn't be able to have a farm and raise animals to then eat them.
Old 06-03-2005, 07:54 PM   #10
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

It's perfectly possible to live an entirely healthy life without eating meat. veganism's a bit harder to do but still possible (look at moby - he ain't dead!). it's a personal choice as far as i'm concerned. I don't eat a lot of meat, as much for the practical reason that I can't afford to buy (or rather don't want to spend money on) good-quality meat as for any other.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone