Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Approved Requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-11-2020, 07:14 AM   #21
Fawna
Lurker

Smile Reading Mansion

Hi! I downloaded the game and mounted the iso to run it, but it keeps saying it isn't compatible with 64 bit Windows. Is there anything I can do to play? I'd love to remember some of my old nostalgia.

I remember my elementary school computer lab had this game and we would get to play it sometimes, but I never got to get very far because we weren't given much time. I always asked my parents to get it for me, but it never happened. I'd love to sit down and play it just to satisfy that past little girl who really wanted to play this little educational game.

Thanks for making these forum posts and for making the game available. I just wish I could play it.
Fawna is offline                         Send a private message to Fawna
Old 15-11-2020, 04:58 PM   #22
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

It's Windows16 most probably. I.e. Windows 3.1. It cannot work in Win64 natively. You have two ways: install Win3.1 under DOSBox and try to run it from there - or found Win32-wersion. I believe, Archive.org can have the needed version. Check this. Installer is definitely Win32, but I have no idea if it could install Win16 game - in that case your only solution is above.

eXo will work on "eXoWin3x collection", that will allow you to run the game, but no one knows when this collection will be available.