Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-06-2010, 10:43 PM   #11
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

well.. i tried running it and it works fine for me too, ran up to the location with the snake and then turned it off. or does this bug occur later?

edit: i wanted to ask, the difference between this rip and iso is which? because i could hear some of the music in the game.. or is there more? are there some special cinematics? what exactly is the difference

Last edited by _r.u.s.s.; 11-06-2010 at 12:28 AM.
_r.u.s.s. is offline                         Send a private message to _r.u.s.s.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:29 PM   #12
skullkan6

[quote=_r.u.s.s.;407062]well.. i tried running it and it works fine for me too, ran up to the location with the snake and then turned it off. or does this bug occur later?
Where exactly can I get the ISO cellar version? I want to know the URL so I can get a running version of this game. I am a HUGE FAN of action/horror games, (that means that I like gore but games like Waxworks aren't for me... *shiver*) and i want to try this game out.
skullkan6 is offline                         Send a private message to skullkan6
Old 13-06-2010, 12:13 PM   #13
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

in the forums, there is this section called "iso cellar"
Old 13-06-2010, 01:36 PM   #14
kalron

Still getting crashes when starting a new game. Tried every compatibility combo as well as futzing around with Nvidia controls...nothing.

I also tried on my wife's single core laptop that has integrated graphics, but it crashes as well at the same point. My wife's laptop usually plays games I have trouble with on our main rig (Mechwarrior 3, Legacy of Kain...) but this game fail on both.

Downloading the ISO today, I will see if there is any difference when installing fresh...hope someone finds a solution...I was looking forward to playing this one!!!
kalron is offline                         Send a private message to kalron
Old 13-06-2010, 01:47 PM   #15
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

hmm, may i ask, does your wife have nvidia gpu? because i've been running the game without problems on my radeon, maybe it's that
Old 13-06-2010, 02:34 PM   #16
kalron

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
hmm, may i ask, does your wife have nvidia gpu? because i've been running the game without problems on my radeon, maybe it's that
No, it is an ATI 200M mobility chip. I thought it might be the Nvidia card as it is a 9800GT 512 MB, but I am unsure now.

I am about half way through downloading the ISO, but 4share takes FOREVER if you do not have an account (exponential increase in wait time for each file...BOOOOO). I will see what an clean install does ASAP.
Old 13-06-2010, 04:10 PM   #17
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

dude... why don't you use jdownloader like it says so on the top of the iso cellar...?

it will do the job of automatic downloads, captcha and everything for you. you just copy paste the links and leave it running
Old 13-06-2010, 04:55 PM   #18
kalron

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
dude... why don't you use jdownloader like it says so on the top of the iso cellar...?

it will do the job of automatic downloads, captcha and everything for you. you just copy paste the links and leave it running
Thank you sir...I must of missed that, I actually think I have jdownloader installed

I am finishing the last file as I type, so I will make sure to use it in the future...thanks again for the tip!

Last edited by kalron; 13-06-2010 at 05:36 PM.
Old 13-06-2010, 05:36 PM   #19
kalron

The downloaded ISO works PERFECTLY!!! I think being able to adjust the settings through the auto config helped out. In addition, there are 2 fixes for crashes, but I have not tested them yet as it has not done so.

So, anyone who may get a crash, I suggest downloading the ISO version. In addition, it auto detected my Gamepad, which works better than the keyboard/mouse for this particular game.

Thanks for the previous help...
Old 13-06-2010, 09:15 PM   #20
skullkan6

I found the ISO cellar page, but I'm not sure which one to download. Which one should I use?
Until then I will keep playing on my N64 emulated version.
skullkan6 is offline                         Send a private message to skullkan6