Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-03-2005, 01:06 PM   #21
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Ufo:Aftermath.Althought this game isnt overall hated most people just dont like it.But I am a fan of this game and love it althought it was insanely difficult,without building base and it didnt worked very well on my computer :wub:
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 04-03-2005, 04:54 PM   #22
Strange Oddysee

A game I asbsolutely loved at the time was Prince of Persia 3D. I know everyone else hated it because of the poor comparison to earlier POP games, but I never played them

I actually played it a couple of months ago....the camera's has got a lot more annoying than it originally used to be, but I love it nonetheless.
Strange Oddysee is offline                         Send a private message to Strange Oddysee
Old 04-03-2005, 07:23 PM   #23
Dreadlord
[BANNED]

The Dig, other people went crazy other it, saying it was "utter crap" and "complete crap" I found no crappage, I found a fun adventure game that was soaked with atmosphere.
Dreadlord is offline                         Send a private message to Dreadlord
Old 04-03-2005, 08:02 PM   #24
xcom freak
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadlord@Mar 4 2005, 08:23 PM
The Dig, other people went crazy other it, saying it was "utter crap" and "complete crap" I found no crappage, I found a fun adventure game that was soaked with atmosphere.
The dig was good game indeed
xcom freak is offline                         Send a private message to xcom freak
Old 04-03-2005, 08:13 PM   #25
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

I just remembered another great game (others of course hated).

Alied General (most of the people I hung out with at that time hated strategy games anyway - especially turn based).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 04-03-2005, 08:25 PM   #26
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Need for Speed High Stakes, I heard back in the day, that it wasn't that well loved coming after Hot Pursuit, but I loved playing this game, very fun and nice sort of racing modes and extras.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 07-03-2005, 03:18 AM   #27
littleguybrush
Forum hobbit

Send a message via AIM to littleguybrush Send a message via MSN to littleguybrush Send a message via Yahoo to littleguybrush

Myst. Yeah, that's right. I'm a hardcore adventure gamer who liked Myst. It was insanely clever, had a great plot (you just had to look for it, you could also ignore completely, which is cool). It's puzzles are logical and anyone with patience (and maybe a notepad) can figure them out. It's also incredibly engrossing and has the ability to completely make you forget that you're at your desk. The sequels are pretty darned good as well (especially Riven). Most of the hating seems to come from the fact that it spawned bunch of crappy rip-offs. Well, so did Pulp Fiction. That doesn't make it a bad movie.
littleguybrush is offline                         Send a private message to littleguybrush
Old 07-03-2005, 09:59 PM   #28
dragonLancer
Super Freak

Send a message via MSN to dragonLancer

Quote:
Originally posted by littleguybrush@Mar 7 2005, 04:18 AM
Myst. Yeah, that's right. I'm a hardcore adventure gamer who liked Myst. It was insanely clever, had a great plot (you just had to look for it, you could also ignore completely, which is cool). It's puzzles are logical and anyone with patience (and maybe a notepad) can figure them out. It's also incredibly engrossing and has the ability to completely make you forget that you're at your desk. The sequels are pretty darned good as well (especially Riven). Most of the hating seems to come from the fact that it spawned bunch of crappy rip-offs. Well, so did Pulp Fiction. That doesn't make it a bad movie.
ROCK ON MAN i think i just made a new friend :bye: i LOVE MYST i also like the sequal Riven but its hard. it took me like four years to beat Myst and i still love it! PLUS I LOVE ADVENTURE GAMES!!!!!!

If anyone wants me I'll be in the Angry Dome!!!

----------------------------------------------------------
dragonLancer is offline                         Send a private message to dragonLancer
Old 07-03-2005, 11:11 PM   #29
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Another game that I'm not sure if it receives a lot of props was Swat 3: Close Quarters Battle (Or Elite Edition) Good FPS, with a decent storyline, loved this game when I first saw it and the sequel that they are doing looks really good too.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 07-03-2005, 11:28 PM   #30
littleguybrush
Forum hobbit

Send a message via AIM to littleguybrush Send a message via MSN to littleguybrush Send a message via Yahoo to littleguybrush

Quote:
Originally posted by dragonLancer@Mar 7 2005, 10:59 PM

ROCK ON MAN i think i just made a new friend* :bye:* i LOVE MYST i also like the sequal Riven but its hard. it took me like four years to beat Myst and i still love it! PLUS I LOVE ADVENTURE GAMES!!!!!!
I'm so glad someone agrees with me.
k:
I'm so sick of people acting like their too "hardcore" or "1337" or whatever to play a game that sold well.
littleguybrush is offline                         Send a private message to littleguybrush