Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-11-2012, 07:15 AM   #241
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Donations don't help with download. They help with the site.

I agree that the donation page after the download link is misleading. Especially if the download fail to engage somehow.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:25 PM   #242
Ultgin
Lurker

Long time I think what Baldies released to PC in 1996, and first version was for Atary Jaguar.

But then I look more accurate to the archives downloaded from different sites I see next interesting thing:
1) Most files dated 1996(latest date - 10 October), but some files in ANIMS folder dated 08.06.1995.
2) One archives has DOS version only, another has Windows and DOS versions. Differences is noWin version.
3) The game has two demo-versions for DOS, which dated march and april 1995.

For checking, I looking Computer Gaming World and found next:
- First in price list in issue 129(April 1995) on page 76\78 as floppy I think - http://imageshack.us/a/img14/7488/ghv5.jpg

- In issue 130(May 1995) PC cd version in price list on page 86\88, and on page 121\123 no jaguar cd version of the game:
http://imageshack.us/a/img812/9387/q3pn.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img32/6875/r0l2.jpg

- In issue 131(June 1995) the game has first advertisment(page 53\55), and also no jaguar cd version(page 73\75):
http://imageshack.us/a/img23/774/kl8z.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img849/8098/dhb4.jpg

In General, bases on the information from up, I can say conclusion - Baldies is PC game, which released presumably in June 1995 for DOS in floppy and CD/ MAC and 3DO may release few later before the end of 1995. Over 1.5 years later the game was re-released as DOS and Windows 95 versions compilation, which was goes to the internet on many sites.

I dont sure, but I will very glad for providing this information - photos, scans, dumps of box, floppy(ies), cd and other stuff.
Ultgin is offline                         Send a private message to Ultgin
Old 16-11-2013, 04:25 AM   #243
united1891

I have somehow played through many levels and now I am stucked in the penultimate level(map that looks like a mammoth or sth...) of the final world.

There are two teams of Hairies and each has two houses in the beginning (blue one even has a barrack of lv2!)

We only have about 20 baldies and no house...what worse, both of them start to attack you in one minute from the beginning of this map and I haven't seen a posibility that they attack each other!

Old 01-11-2014, 10:06 PM   #244
Unregistered9999999999
Default Baldies help

When I click on the house nothing opens, right click left click.

This is only with the windows version. The dos version works great but it's such low quality I want to beat the game with the higher quality windows version.

I've tried multiple versions of the baldies windows game, re-installed it many times, and have tried it on different operating systems. I used virtual pc and virtual box.

I feel because this hasn't been answered, it either means it's an incredibly easy fix or it hasn't happened to enough people for it to really matter. either way if anyone can help I would appreciate it thanks.

Old 25-01-2015, 12:38 AM   #245
Samulo
Default Fix please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered9999999999 View Post
When I click on the house nothing opens, right click left click.

This is only with the windows version. The dos version works great but it's such low quality I want to beat the game with the higher quality windows version.

I've tried multiple versions of the baldies windows game, re-installed it many times, and have tried it on different operating systems. I used virtual pc and virtual box.

I feel because this hasn't been answered, it either means it's an incredibly easy fix or it hasn't happened to enough people for it to really matter. either way if anyone can help I would appreciate it thanks.
I have the DOS version... can only play levels 1 and 2... when I play level 3 I cant grab or select ANYTHING with the mouse... I play using DOSBOX 0.74... any help, tip, or fix please?

I have tried the windows version using VMware and windows 98 but it runs extremely fast and slow at the same time(unresponsive I guess).

Im more interested now on the DOS version since it works perfectly until I get to level 3..

please help

Old 22-03-2015, 12:28 AM   #246
pasildan

Just had the same troubles from the guy in the previous reply... I have to be honest with you, just made a huge searching through internet and the conclusions I got were the next:

1) This is first old game I have got so many problems trying to make it work perfectly... I have played other old games through DOSBOX and they don't really give almost any problem at all.

2) Making tests with DOSBOX, the game gets bugged in level 3 , you can't click anything, nothing to do, nothing to fix it through the few people who keep playing it on internet.

3) Windows 95 version isn't really playable through Virtual machine (specially windows XP) because you have to decrease resolution of the game itself making it really hard to see in monitor, game speed problems in menu, etc.

4) The best solution I got it was playing it on Play Station 1 emulator (I'm using ePSXe), you can search the emulator + rom through internet without any trouble.

I hope this can help anyone who tried to play this funny and pretty memorable game from his childrenhood. My e-mail is pasildany gmail.com if you needs extra information in case I forgot to say anything about possible fixes.

Old 18-04-2015, 05:05 PM   #247
CaliginousCloud

I just recently beat this game on PC, it wasn't easy especially the 2nd to last level of the game. I think that was the hardest level in the game itself. They should have switched the last level with that one because I beat the last level on my first try, while I was stuck on the 2nd to last level for days.

Old 19-04-2015, 01:25 PM   #248
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliginousCloud View Post
I just recently beat this game on PC, it wasn't easy especially the 2nd to last level of the game. I think that was the hardest level in the game itself. They should have switched the last level with that one because I beat the last level on my first try, while I was stuck on the 2nd to last level for days.
Some detailed report please?
Especially about the Pharao Head level?
Old 23-05-2015, 09:40 PM   #249
pasildan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliginousCloud View Post
Could you actually post the game you used to finish up the game? I would appreciate it, and could you let me know how did you make it work? Around forums I can't find a way to make the game working either DOS or Windows version

Old 14-07-2015, 03:35 AM   #250
Duduba
Default I got it working

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasildan View Post
Could you actually post the game you used to finish up the game? I would appreciate it, and could you let me know how did you make it work? Around forums I can't find a way to make the game working either DOS or Windows version
Hi i got it working using bes a programs to slow down the game, olny de game not the computer and a dll hack

-Bes - http://mion.faireal.net/BES/#download

-ddraw hack http://bitpatch.com/ddwrapper.html

You will need to work around the config even in bes and ddraw to fit the game to your pc. Take a ready on bes configuration.

Recently i did some tests with a ddraw.dll from dgvodoo 2.4 it make the game runs near perfectly the only issue that remais is the giga fast menu that making selecting worlds and lvls impossible, by the way if u only want to go straight in the lvls chain u can visit dgvodoo site and download de the emulator, inside the folder ms u will find a ddraw.dll copy it to the game folder.

Hope it helps,
Regards