Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-02-2007, 05:31 PM   #381
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Well, like I said, some non-magical units (non-ranged) do quite well against air elementals, e.g. paladins or berserkers... That's quite an easy way and it can be done relatively early in the game
Old 13-02-2007, 05:13 AM   #382

paladins, early?

Old 13-02-2007, 06:38 AM   #383

Early enough, at least, after you have built everything in the main city and it's ensured to be well protected against rampaging monsters and eventually neutral units. That's when it's about time to go conquer few lairs and maybe a nearby node to help with mana.

Old 13-02-2007, 05:19 PM   #384
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

And early compared to great/sky drakes
And I said *relatively* early. Really early in the game you may want to stay away from nodes guarded by air elementals...
Old 13-02-2007, 10:48 PM   #385
Old-school Master of Magic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Feb 12 2007, 05:54 PM) [snapback]278958[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I found that out now too, after a looong time, but mostly because i conquered a lot of nodes lairs ets and finaly got node mastery retort and great drake spell :P

to rephrase my question: is there an easy way to defeat air elementals in the early game? even with node mastery and unit enhancement its usualy not a good idea, i think, or is it?
[/b]
The llife spell True Sight, cast it on a unit before entering. Anything that stop invisisbility, cause otherwise the air elemantal aint any'ting special

Old 13-02-2007, 11:01 PM   #386
Scatty
Treasure hunter

The spell also makes the unit immune against illusions, which is handy for fighting phantom warriors or phantom beasts (which are often in team with air elementals). Air elementals have weapon immunity though, so they're still little hard to hit with units without magical/mithril/adamantite weapons or Flame Blade cast upon them.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 15-02-2007, 05:57 PM   #387
Osk

melee heroes with flame blade or eldritch weapons had to do it... Playing dark elf limits the number of strong melee you have

Old 15-02-2007, 06:06 PM   #388
Saphire
Abandonia nerd

But you always can take over a neutral city and get the better melees from there.
Saphire is offline                         Send a private message to Saphire
Old 16-02-2007, 05:10 AM   #389
Gary

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Saphire @ Feb 15 2007, 07:06 PM) [snapback]279429[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
But you always can take over a neutral city and get the better melees from there.
[/b]
Guys, I've downloaded the game and the patch. How do I use/install/run the patch?

Newbie Novice

Old 18-02-2007, 01:32 PM   #390
Edski

In my opinion, draconians are the best race in the game. Once their fighting unitse reach veterancy status, they really can kick some behind, provided that they're in lagre-enough masses. Another plus is, that they can fly, and so can cross water.