Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-05-2005, 12:23 PM   #1
Sameeralord
Game freak

Hey guys,
This is what you have to do. This are the startings sentence of your story. It was a rainy night. No one was home. I arrived at my house feeling tired. I put my favourite game on my favourite console. As I took my controller suddnely a ligtnig struck and I was transformed into the world in my favourite game.
Your task it to continue this story anyway you like. For the favourite game , favourite console and the controller you can write your favourite one. Ok ready let's see who got the greatest imagination in this board!!
Sameeralord
Sameeralord is offline                         Send a private message to Sameeralord
Old 23-05-2005, 12:27 PM   #2
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

Alright, bear with me on this one, ok? I've yet to win a few literary awards, but I'm working at my writing skills.

"...well, I thought I was in my favourite game, Tetris. Turns out it was a potent hallucination I experienced for a few seconds while my cerebrium was being turned to fried balogna. The End."

...know what boys? That's a wrap. Call up IDG publishing. Tell them we've got the novel of the century. I think this one can be closed now. It's a masterpiece best left in it's purity.
TheGiantMidgit is offline                         Send a private message to TheGiantMidgit
Old 23-05-2005, 12:29 PM   #3
Sameeralord
Game freak

You have a great sense of humour anyways this time for the first time I seriously like to see the replies for the topic.
Sameeralord is offline                         Send a private message to Sameeralord
Old 23-05-2005, 12:54 PM   #4
Reup
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Sameeralord@May 23 2005, 01:23 PM
It was a rainy night. No one was home.* I arrived at my house feeling tired. I put my favourite game on my favourite console. As I took my controller suddnely a ligtnig struck and I was transformed into the world in my favourite game.
The pixels seemed even large then on my monitor and the poor color palette really hurt my eyes. Somewhere in the distance -but slowly coming nearer and nearer -I heard a peculiar sound: "Whopp... whopp... whopp...". In the back of my mind I heard my prudent and cowardly self advising my to get the hell out of there, but headstrong as I was, I remained exactly were I was, determined to find out what the source of this intruiging noise was.
Reup is offline                         Send a private message to Reup
Old 23-05-2005, 12:54 PM   #5
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

...and the plot thickens.
TheGiantMidgit is offline                         Send a private message to TheGiantMidgit
Old 23-05-2005, 01:50 PM   #6
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Turns out the source of the noise was none other than...... Bullet Bill charging down on me with that evil grimace of his, so I consumed my Super 1up mushroom and let fly thousands of flaming balls in his general direction, but due to my inexperience missed, he rammed into and I lost my Super 1up mushroom powers and knocked me senseless for a good 3 seconds. I got up only to find thousands of Kooper Troopers surrounding me I jumped with surprise at the site and accidentally landed on one, it gave a inhumane shreak and took refuge in its shell. So with my new found confidence I jumped on all their arses. The next day I came to a mysterious pipe and still with my adrenaline pumping from jumping on Kooper Troopers all night I ventured into the pipe reading for anything that this crazy dream could throw at me.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 23-05-2005, 02:43 PM   #7
Sameeralord
Game freak

It wasn't long when I encountered my next battle. The couple of dingoes that came out the pipe were rolling there tongues out. I searched my bag and for some weapon. For my relief I found a dagger. I took the dagger and with all my force stabbed one of the dingoes. The dingo moanfully fell to the ground. I could see the that the other Dingo was still hungry. He jumped straight at me without giving me anytime to prepare. I knew the end was near but suddenly a fire ball with great speed struck the dingo.
Old 23-05-2005, 02:55 PM   #8
samtam90
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by Sameeralord@May 23 2005, 02:43 PM
It wasn't long when I encountered my next battle. The couple of dingoes that came out the pipe were rolling there tongues out. I searched my bag and for some weapon. For my relief I found a dagger. I took the dagger and with all my force stabbed one of the dingoes. The dingo moanfully fell to the ground. I could see the that the other Dingo was still hungry. He jumped straight at me without giving me anytime to prepare. I knew the end was near but suddenly a fire ball with great speed struck the dingo.
The dingo layed upon the ground. Its body had been heavily wounded from the fireball and it seemed it was dead. Unfortunately, i forgot there was another enemy waiting me. He was changing form... i was scared from this huge beast... he punched me away and i fell some meters back. The enormous evil dragon flew
behind me and started to generate an attack... it was.. it was like a mnster of Final Fantasy... it was a Bahamut.

Suddendly, something weird came where we were fighting. He was a boy.

"Ditto! I told you! You can't pass between portals! You must stay into your game! Stupid! Come with me or you'll see what happens!!". The huge beast changed form again and became a normal Ditto which started to follow the boy. The couple passed a black portal (I didn't have seen it when i was laying upon the ground) and they disappeared as the boy had come. I started to feel a bit confused...
--------
Sorry if there's some bad english, but i'm Italian. I tought portals beetween games where the best thing to explain changes from a game to another.
samtam90 is offline                         Send a private message to samtam90
Old 23-05-2005, 05:07 PM   #9
Toxik
Game Wizzard

I managed to get up and just before me I saw another portal. I hoped that some of them leads back home so I jumped in. It was like tunnel surrounded by thousands of floating pixelated images from games. As I moved forth the tunnel they became more detailed. Looks like I skipped some years in evolution of the games... Suddenly the floor
of the portal desintegrated and I fell down. I looked around and all I was able to see was burned ground and sand... As a skilled player I quickly noticed where am I...

---
Sorry for my english
Toxik is offline                         Send a private message to Toxik
Old 23-05-2005, 05:18 PM   #10
a1s
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by samtam90@May 23 2005, 02:55 PM
I started to feel a bit confused...
... and nervous. In retrospect I belive it was my confusion that caused me to fall into that protal on the ground, surely you understand I didn't ever want all this to hapen? but I'm getting ahead of myself.
as I was begining to to head away from the scene I felt my foot sink into something, and in a desperate attempt to save my balance, I felt head forward into a black void, that suddenly apeared in the ground.
the fall felt like it lasted for hours, even though now I suspect it was mere minutes, I had enough time to remeber an old story I used to read, about a girl named alice, who likewise was felt into some strange confusing place.
I was brought back to reality (or whatever passes for it here) by a girl like beast in an untidy blue dress, who pointed a wierd knife at me, and in archaic english demanded I tell her where the duchess was.
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s