Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-06-2010, 12:00 PM   #321
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

I have also just remembered the version I have is from the ISO cellar, the one on the site is a cd rip, so is missing the voice overs. Though should still be playable.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 15-06-2010, 06:10 PM   #322
Axiom
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 View Post
I have also just remembered the version I have is from the ISO cellar, the one on the site is a cd rip, so is missing the voice overs. Though should still be playable.

Hahah! Okay I saw this and I was like "Oh joyus rapture! AoD WITH voice overs thats for me!" So I downloaded it from the ISO cellar (great service you guys have btw), and mounted the iso and went to install it and get teh following message...

"the version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you are running. Check your computers system information to see whether you need an x86 (32 bit) or x64 (64 bit)"

I am running 64 so does that mean Im stuck?

DarthHelmet You deserve a reward of some kind for putting up with all this :P
Axiom is offline                         Send a private message to Axiom
Old 15-06-2010, 08:04 PM   #323
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiom View Post
"the version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you are running. Check your computers system information to see whether you need an x86 (32 bit) or x64 (64 bit)"

I am running 64 so does that mean Im stuck?
No, it means you must install and run the game in dosbox.
Read the tutorials.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 13-09-2010, 06:48 PM   #324
joshn1234

Default Teleporters not working correctly

I loved this game when I was younger, and have been having a great time with it up until now. I am in the Land of the Roots, and I need to get into the Northwestern section of the map. In order to do so, you need to enter a teleporter to get you into a room that has a key to continue on. However, when I enter the teleporter, it teleports me to out of the inside area of the zone. I can walk all the way around the map, without finding a way back in. So I am effectively at a standstill, and was hoping someone may have encountered this same problem, and has a solution.
joshn1234 is offline                         Send a private message to joshn1234
Old 17-09-2010, 02:37 PM   #325
Gladriel
Talking Definitely worth the download and your time!

I have always said that the classic MS-DOS RPG games were the best, and this game is no exception. I downloaded it back in April, and I just won last night. I loved playing it to beginning to end. The gameplay is fantastic; I have never had more fun playing a game than this one (well Lands of Lore is always first for me). Definitely worth the download and your time!

P.S. For anybody who has finished, who found it funny that they suggested your submit your score (last screen after credits) and gave an actual mailing address? No email or Website lol!

Old 20-09-2010, 12:30 AM   #326
Lazy Lion

This really seems like a great game so far. If you haven´t played it and read this, I recommend you to get the ISO from the ISO cellar subforum. Speech is great in this game!
And on to my question:

When I find a book with more than one page- how do I change pages?
I open my inventory, click to pick book up, click on the eye button, the book opens. However this one ends right in the sentence so there must be more pages, but when I click anywhere in the screen the book closes and I return to my inventory
I do know how to change pages in my journal...
Lazy Lion is offline                         Send a private message to Lazy Lion
Old 20-09-2010, 02:16 AM   #327
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

I think if you can turn a book page you either click on a folded corner of the page or on the stack of pages between the one you can see and the cover. Not a hundred percent sure though.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 06-10-2010, 12:32 PM   #328
The Great Unregistered
Default Anvil of Dawn

This game would be so great if only the fighting system didn't suck so bad!

Everything else about the game is great, but the fighting is basically; Find enemy, attack, move back when enemy attacks so they don't hit you, move back up to them, attack, move back when enemy attacks etc. If you do it differently there aren't enough healing items to really get through any of the dungeons. So you'd either die, or alternatively find a safe spot, walk away, make tea, have lunch and come back when your slowly regenerating magic bar is a bit fuller, then cast heal three times and either plod on or make some dinner too and wait till your magic bar is full again.

And that may sound like I hate the game, but I don't! I actually think that if it wasn't for that horrible fighting system the game would be pure gold, a true classic from before they started with all the 3D effects. But the fighting system being what it is keeps the game at good(ish) (If with many things to recommend it for nonetheless.) Whilst it could have been amazing.

As it is, it kind of plays like a weaker Land of Lore 1. And it probably would have benefitted from LoL's rest system. In addition the game is slightly buggy. At the Dark Lantern there's this rock that can get stuck, preventing you from moving further into the level (or back out of it, depending on what side you are if that thing gets stuck.)

On the positive side, I do really like the enemy design. That's some cool looking monsters. If only fighting them was more entertaining!

Otherwise there's probably a few other minor bits that could have used improvement. (Sucks to be you if you picked something other then a sword to be good with late in the game!) But it's still good.

Just I dunno, I find it frustrating myself when you see a game that could have been one of the last old-style classics, and it just doesn't quite make it.

Still it IS a much better download then some lame free-to-begin-with religious conversion attempt 'game', and stuff like that I suppose.

Old 25-02-2011, 09:00 PM   #329
allthumbs
Forum hobbit

Are there shops in this game or anywhere to sell you loot? I am unsure what to keep. Thanks
allthumbs is offline                         Send a private message to allthumbs
Old 25-02-2011, 11:03 PM   #330
Palocles
Abandonia nerd

There are no shops but you don't need them either. You don't have to throw much, if anything away as you can put it all in the sacks and boxes you find. And you will need some heavy objects to open doors in some dungeons anyway.

You also don't have to worry about carrying too much, except when you fight. So you should put all the sacks and boxs down when you enter, or only carry one or two of them.
Palocles is offline                         Send a private message to Palocles