Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-01-2007, 08:53 PM   #31
jge

The manual is downloadable from the game page: look in the box where you downloaded the game!

Old 20-01-2007, 11:10 PM   #32

How is one to start a new single player game and set up the AI. And, where's the Intro?!

Old 21-01-2007, 03:33 PM   #33
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

Use the password "CONRA". It's the first single player level.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 25-01-2007, 10:00 AM   #34
Guest_Magix76_*
Thumbs up

I am also a great Battle Isle Fan.

But does anyone know if there is a kind of walkthrough for Battle Isle or Battle Isle 2 and the Add-Ons?
Some of the maps are partly very heavy so sometimes it could be a helpt to get some strategy hints. Otherwise the frustration factor can be very high after a time.

Old 08-02-2007, 08:29 AM   #35

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Mar 8 2006, 03:18 PM) [snapback]212694[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
neh, wouldn't have worked. found out what I did wrong though. the game needs to be run with dosbox ^^

(and I'm stuck at map number 5 AGAIN. never could get through that one... Skynet starts with crusader tanks, and close to a depot filled with crusader tanks and artillery, while I startu with transports and demons, and close to a depot with the same. also I have a few scorpions, but none of that can compare to the 5-6 units of crusaders... Anyone know how to beat this one?)
[/b]
When you start, there should be a row of three infantry units by your headquarters, along with a provider right underneath them. What you want to do is take the one at the top of the row and load it into the provider. Start moving the second one towards the depot at the top right, while the provider and the other infantry unit move down the left side of the map towards the depot at the bottom. There's an enemy crusader tank down there; it will ignore your provider and attack the exposed infantry unit, allowing your provider to pass it and head for the depot. From there, you need to fight off any enemy units around the depot and then move the artillery piece out. Surround it with other units so that the enemy units can't close to an adjacent hex, then use the artillery to pound the crusader tanks.

Old 12-06-2007, 03:21 AM   #36
Quote:
Originally posted by Maikel@Nov 1 2004, 08:20 AM
You WILL have to take a look into the manual before you play this game or you will be lost

Return and the arrow keys are nearly the only keys used. Move the cursor over a unit, hold enter down while you press up key to move(or shoot in the shoot phase), release enter and then release the up key. Move the cursor to where you want to go and press enter. To abort, move the cursor to an invalid movement destination and press enter twice, fast!

Experiment with the various combinations.

When cursor is on a Unit
Enter+Up - Move, Shoot
Enter+Down - Unit Stats

When on the Main Screen
Enter+Right - Map
Enter+Left - End turn

When over a Base Entrance
Enter+Left - Enter Base

When inside a Base
Enter+Right - Exit

When inside a Base and over a Unit
Enter+Up - Move Unit out of Base
Enter+Down - If Unit is damaged then Repair. Cost 3 energy.

When inside a Base and not over a Unit
Enter+Left - Create unit(if enough energy)

Esc = Quit Game? Press Y to accept, anything else to abort.

---

One experience per hit.
Two experience if unit is killed.
6 experience is max. Max experienced units are extremely powerful.

Some units can fire from a distance. There is no retaliation then!

Terrain give protection(I'm somewhat sure). Place infantry on mountains or forest.

Use Infantry to capture neutral or enemy bases. All units inside will be captured! Use other units to block the enemy base's 3 exit hexes until your infantry arrive.

Capture energy crystal with a transporter and bring it back to the base. Crystals are not available on the first maps.

Transporters make the terrain under it less costly to move through for all units...Figures. :w00t:

Enjoy!

-Andreas B

Old 12-06-2007, 03:28 AM   #37

[quote]
Quote:
neh, wouldn't have worked. found out what I did wrong though. the game needs to be run with dosbox ^^

How does this one run in DosBox (.65) (I use it with D-Fend)? I end up with "insert vga disk" and I don't know what to do; mounting with a: instead of c: doesn't seem to be enough. In XP it runs, but awfully slow. The Add on-Disk runs fine and fast in XP.
Runs like a charm for me except for one thing. I can't enter the password Giant and play against the computer. Conra works fine so I guess I have to win every map?!?

Old 12-06-2007, 12:53 PM   #38

There are 1-player maps and 2-player maps. Only 1-player maps can be played against the computer.

If you really want to play the 2-player maps vs the computer you can overwrite the 1-player map files with 2-player maps.

I did this on the amiga, but it's not really challenging to play those maps since the AI isn't good enough.

Old 28-09-2007, 06:48 PM   #39
El Pollo
Forum hobbit

Hello,

is there anyone who can give me some hints on how to complete mission 16 (Password RIVER) ? That one's extremely tough (not to say unfair) in my eyes. Expecially I don't know how to stand a chance against the mass of airplanes that SkyNet controls and artillery 's also a big problem. I already searched the web for a solution, but didn't find one.

Help much appreciated!
El Pollo is offline                         Send a private message to El Pollo
Old 29-09-2007, 01:43 PM   #40
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

The first time I won this map I did a surprise attack to the headquarter, but when I succeded I realized that the enemy didn't have many units left.
Next time I won more easily by wiping out the enemy units.
Later I even realized that the boats could unload seamines which can be very valuable because they can keep enemy units from attacking the valuable units near your HQ, but the battle is winable witout.
Luck manipulation is also unneccessary I never saved when playing BI. (but you can use it if you are desperate)
The map is beatable, try to develop the optimal strategy and take enough time for your turns, especially in the early rounds.
I'll take a look at this level and post some more concrete hints later.

PS: this is the final map, therefore it's a bit harder to beat.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster