Old 22-03-2008, 09:33 PM   #761
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawliss View Post
Ahoj,
didn't help
I ran setup in dosbox, chose Soudblaster Pro and in Dosbox started the game. The only change there was that I could see a flash of the next screen (guards B4 the castle, I guess).
What did I do wrong?
skus vybart moznost bez zvukov
Old 26-03-2008, 09:13 AM   #762
pawliss

Thanx guys!!! I'm in the game now! Kinda sleepy at work today as I played almost till morning
pawliss is offline                         Send a private message to pawliss
Old 08-04-2008, 12:02 AM   #763
Sabreman

I seem to have gotten myself into a dead-end situation. I'm in the Urbish Mines, I've dropped down a pit into a tiny L-shaped room with a pressure pad. Putting an object on the pad opens two pits, and when I drop down either I end up in a room full of flying snakes which I can't possibly defeat. There seems to be no way out of or back up from the L-shaped room

Also, I can't find Paulson, so I'm still in a party of two. I read that he's supposed to be around the Mines somewhere but I haven't seen him at all. I hope I'm not going to have to restart!
Sabreman is offline                         Send a private message to Sabreman
Old 08-04-2008, 12:48 AM   #764
Capo
Unconventional member

Well,you have to defeat the flyng snakes but without Paulson is pretty impossibile.

Maybe this guide will help:

http://ethereallore.envy.nu/lore1.html
Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Old 22-06-2008, 12:56 AM   #765
Zerqent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreman View Post
...and when I drop down either I end up in a room full of flying snakes which I can't possibly defeat. There seems to be no way out of or back up from the L-shaped room
I actually did the same thing on my first ever real game. (After just poking about and not understanding the game - I was 9 at the time). From this I learned the very valuable information of always having multiple savegames. Anyways, it's been a year since I played this game, but I think I recall the following about the room.

1. You're not supposed to have paulson at this point - and yes, it is very possible to complete.

2. The snakes will appear out of 'holes in the wall', (you will notice this by a different graphic than the average stonewalls in the mines). Obviously if you stand next to theese holes, nothing can spawn. So stand here and fight them all of, then try to sleep.

3. You can change difficulty settings mid-game, in options. Enemies are set to Normal by default, but you can change this to Easy/Wimpy or whatever it is called.

4. The "Freeze" spell is very usefull in this room, if you got the MP to use it. Since it might kill off as much as 4 of them at the ti

5. You can always try running. Although I am not sure how easy this is, but there should be a lever on one of the walls. Get a mappack to find out which. Beware though that there are 1 or two of the walking fireplaces (That's what I called them when I was 10) - whatever the stone-thingys that drop the bloodstone are really called.

That's my tips for the day, it should be totally possible, but if your characters are not trained enough, yes this can be hard. Hope you manage to fight through though =)
Zerqent is offline                         Send a private message to Zerqent
Old 28-06-2008, 11:51 PM   #766
evenstar

Incase anyone randomly drops by and wants to check this game out in its entirety, I've copied and pasted the simple steps from the Lands of Lore facebook group which show how to play the full game.

Download Lands of Lore I here:
http://files.filefront.com/Lands+of+...ds_of_Lore.zip

1. download the lands of lore 1 file and unzip it into a folder

2. download and install VDM Sound: http://sourceforge.net/project/downl...6.msi&61644452

3. go into the folder where you extracted the lands of lore files. Right click on setup.exe and select "run with VDMS."

4. Select sound blaster for every option. Exit setup.

5. Right click on LANDS (the batch program file) and select "run with VDMS." Congrats, you're finished!

And I hope sabreman got out of that avian worm place ok. I always use my fire wand at that point. Hard stuff.
evenstar is offline                         Send a private message to evenstar
Old 09-07-2008, 03:22 PM   #767
MandrakeMousse

Does any one know of any way to get this game to play on a mac? I'm currently using the Radnor program on my mac and it's allowed me to play a bunch of my old favorite DOS games (which I still own but can never get to work!) but this was a CD-ROM game and I'm not sure if there's any way to get it to run on my mac with an emulator program. I'd love to revisit it though if possible, I always thought it was a fun game, and so pretty too, even though I never beat it.
MandrakeMousse is offline                         Send a private message to MandrakeMousse
Old 09-07-2008, 04:04 PM   #768
blackboard
Forum hobbit

A Mac port of DosBox should work fine, for example this one: http://boxer.washboardabs.net/

If you have a PowerPC performance will be a bit poor (due to pure software emulation), but it might be good enough for Lands of Lore. Intel Macs should perform fine.
blackboard is offline                         Send a private message to blackboard
Old 09-07-2008, 04:15 PM   #769
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

well dosbox is for mac as well, i don't see any reasons to get any boxers
Old 09-07-2008, 04:45 PM   #770
dosraider
Dismembered.

Because a dosprompt is a nightmare for the average life-time Mac user?

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider